My only complaints

emmitt01

Tailgating during the game is part of the NT tradition, and it is not just the Greeks. As sad as it is, the place is more "collegiate" by having the extra fans in the vicinity of the game before and after.

And it is not just at NT. There were pretty close to as many people outside the stadium in Lafayette as in last week.

I think the goal is to make the "in the stadium" game day experience worth attending for all.

Winning will help, and it may already be doing so.

I would allow re-entry also...I would guess some fans would come in if they knew they could leave to grab a brew at halftime and return for the second half.

Lafayette had excellent student side noise and activity. It was their homecoming but every game break, they were recognizing some frat or sorority for something. And section-specific applause followed, indicating they who were recognized were there to give themselves the clap.

I do like the idea of a student group competition of some sort at half time, perhaps raising funds for scholarships or charity. One rep from each group passing into a giant Dr Pepper can, a tug of war or perhaps bringing in something symbolic of the NT sport of the game that each rep would get a shot at mastering, i.e. kicking a goal past an alumni soccer goalkeeper or shooting a 3 from a basketball goal that is brought in for the game.

That said, seeing a game at Apogee, big crowd or small, is infinitely more fun than seeing a game at Fouts. Sight lines, the leg room between your knees and the back of the guy in front of you, crowd noise, the view from the top of the Wing!

Let's do things to help other people discover that.

GMG

We've won 3 home games this year, when was the last time that happened. What is it going to take to get them "excited" about the program? The problem is that those that stay out and tailgate are making the effort to set up a tailgate at a stadium, yet not go inside. I don't think it's getting them excited about the program. I don't think they give a rat's arse about the program. It's a social event for them to get laid.

To answer your question. A winning record would help. It's a slow slow process. We gotta give it time.

I know of a group of about six in one tent that staying to guard their sallelite and tv set they had set up to watch the World Series game after the NT game. Most of their group went in.

Enforcing everyone out after the game starts will only lower the total number of people out before the game and thus lower the total number that eventually go into the game.

Sorry...I just don't agree. I don't like that folks stay outside anymore than anyone else does, BUT they do add to the pre-game atmosphere that will help, over the long run, build a tradition of a great tailgate atmosphere. The word will spread, more will come to enjoy the festivities of a Saturday Mean green game, and more will find their way into the stadium If you send the cops out to close it down, they will just stop coming altogether and then you have ZERO chance that some may decide to start making the game a part of the deal.

I am as frustrated as others about these folks, but to send the cops in would do no one any good at all, and I think, much more harm than any perceived good. They do close down the "authorized" tailgate events...

This is a very good point.

Just like folks tended to fixate on "The Rangers Effect" in the FAU game attendance without factoring in the far more important issue of the weather that evening, I think the folks complaining about all the frats tailgating during yesterday's game are forgetting that this is Homecoming. HOMECOMING. I'd bet a lot of folks on The Hill during the game were alums back for Homecoming. Let them enjoy Homecoming. I don't see anything positive coming out of running alumni out of tailgating.

At some point folks need to realize that the best way we put butts in seats is by playing more football like we played yesterday. Stop trying to find ways to shanghai people into the stadium. As the recently-departed Al Davis famously said, "just win, baby!"