My only complaints

emmitt01

I actually have none...just wanted to feign complaining to keep the karma even around here. Think about this.

-Our defense was a net -7 tonight. They gave up14 and scored 7. Unless you're LSU you gotta be excited with that!!

-Thompson threw for 300+ yards. Our extremely vanilla offense had a passing explosion.

-I saw their quarterback flat out quit! After that last sack his body language said, to quote a famous boxing match, "no mas."

-The move to 4:00pm was a very smart move. I really think you got 3-5k there that wouldn't have been.

-The students showed up. Your normal frats refused to come inside but the students made a difference! And everyone one of them is going back to their homes and dorms with stories of a great time.

No complaints.

We looked like a real football team, not a high school cupcake like we did with Dodge. Tough, smart, methodical and punishing. Thompson has arrived, folks. I am completely seeing this team making a huge turn around. This is a team that beat the CRAP out of Troy that we just manhandled. Defense knocked the crap out of these guys and embarrassed ULM. We win Troy and win WKU/MTSU (we'd better) and that's a bowl, my friends.

GO MEAN GREEN!

It's time to start enforcing the no tailgating rule during games. Yes, it CAN be done.

Actually it's time we stop worrying about this. There was a piece in the DMN this week about tailgating across the country. All the great traditions etc. One fun fact was that 30% of tailgaters never make it into the stadium. it happens everywhere and we need to let it go.

• Upvote 5

It's time to start enforcing the no tailgating rule during games. Yes, it CAN be done.

Sorry...I just don't agree. I don't like that folks stay outside anymore than anyone else does, BUT they do add to the pre-game atmosphere that will help, over the long run, build a tradition of a great tailgate atmosphere. The word will spread, more will come to enjoy the festivities of a Saturday Mean green game, and more will find their way into the stadium If you send the cops out to close it down, they will just stop coming altogether and then you have ZERO chance that some may decide to start making the game a part of the deal.

I am as frustrated as others about these folks, but to send the cops in would do no one any good at all, and I think, much more harm than any perceived good. They do close down the "authorized" tailgate events...

• Upvote 3

Sorry...I just don't agree. I don't like that folks stay outside anymore than anyone else does, BUT they do add to the pre-game atmosphere that will help, over the long run, build a tradition of a great tailgate atmosphere. The word will spread, more will come to enjoy the festivities of a Saturday Mean green game, and more will find their way into the stadium If you send the cops out to close it down, they will just stop coming altogether and then you have ZERO chance that some may decide to start making the game a part of the deal.

I am as frustrated as others about these folks, but to send the cops in would do no one any good at all, and I think, much more harm than any perceived good. They do close down the "authorized" tailgate events...

To be honest, I don't want the Frats on the hill. I'd love to see them be forced out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You want fewer people to be part of the game day atmosphere? Staying outside during the game is dumb, but it's dumber to drive away people who will be rolling through those turnstiles when they're excited about the program.

• Upvote 2

You want fewer people to be part of the game day atmosphere? Staying outside during the game is dumb, but it's dumber to drive away people who will be rolling through those turnstiles when they're excited about the program.

We've won 3 home games this year, when was the last time that happened. What is it going to take to get them "excited" about the program? The problem is that those that stay out and tailgate are making the effort to set up a tailgate at a stadium, yet not go inside. I don't think it's getting them excited about the program. I don't think they give a rat's arse about the program. It's a social event for them to get laid.

To be honest, I WAS kind of being a smart ass there. It doesn't matter, the university isn't going to do anything about it.

I have a complaint, whatever frat that was tailgating and didn't come in, seems like I saw about 200 on that hill when I got there at 4, continued to play music way too loud, I had to drown out Lil Wayne on the student side the whole game, that is ridiculous IMO.

What is the point to setting up that tent and tailgating all day to continue to sit out there and listen to an average cover band.