Great Video on Realignment - ESPN

Harry

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/macgregora-110919/time-blow-ncaa-start-college-sports

Mike Tranghese pretty much sums it up, Greed and the fact there is no one in charge at the NCAA is leading to chaos across the country.

It seems to me they desperately need someone to step in and take control of this or we are all going to lose a game that we care about very much.

One other thought...everyone says ESPN is starting this through their massive TV contracts. Well if you look, they are also benefiting from the news coverage of this mess as well. There is no other media outlet covering the conference changes and rumors, debate than ESPN. So in a sense, they are getting their cake and eating it too!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-report-says

I thought this story was interesting. Good gosh what an ugly footprint the new Big 12/Big East would create and with only 2 school in Texas. Baylor would likely see its attendance drop off some since they have benefited from fellow conference mates in TX and OK traveling to their home games.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/macgregora-110919/time-blow-ncaa-start-college-sports

Mike Tranghese pretty much sums it up, Greed and the fact there is no one in charge at the NCAA is leading to chaos across the country.

It seems to me they desperately need someone to step in and take control of this or we are all going to lose a game that we care about very much.

No one can take control. The NCAA is only allowed to do what the Big Ten and the SEC grant it. Those two plus the Pac-whatever and now the ACC are the players. They can dictate what happens in the FBS if they have four 16-team conferences. That would give them 64 votes of the (to be) 124 total.

College football, as we know it, is being destroyed.

No one can take control. The NCAA is only allowed to do what the Big Ten and the SEC grant it. Those two plus the Pac-whatever and now the ACC are the players. They can dictate what happens in the FBS if they have four 16-team conferences. That would give them 64 votes of the (to be) 124 total.

College football, as we know it, is being destroyed.

Sadly, I agree. And I put the blame on the "richard head" that is the commissioner of the Big Ten. That's why the sumbitches have been so silent during all of this current realignment talk. :growl:

This guy Delaney has waged a war against the non-BCS/non-AQ programs for several years now. <_<

Edited by DeepGreen

Early in professional baseball's history they went through the Black Sox scandle which lead to the creation of the Commissioner's office which had the ability to make decision for the better of the game. It might take some kind of similar pressure from the public and government to get college football to do the same.

Sadly, I agree. And I put the blame on the "richard head" that is the commissioner of the Big Ten. That's why the sumbitches have been so silent during all of this current realignment talk. :growl:

This guy Delaney has waged a war against the non-BCS/non-AQ programs for several years now. <_<

Actually the blame goes much further back than that. The REAL root cause of all this can be traced to when the University of Oklahoma and University of Georgia sued the NCAA over ownership of their TV rights. That case was the Pandora's box that unleashed big money into college football.

• Upvote 1

I heard a comment, "If the PAC can get UT then they would own the Texas market" or something of the like. How could they own the Texas market with so many other reasonable schools to watch in Texas. The Longhorn Network appears to be the biggest debacle for UT at the moment especially if they leave and go to the PAC