E-mail Newy Scruggs

Mean Green Matt

BTW, just finished listening to The Hardline on KTCk 1310 discussing college football. Had great things to say about TCU's win over AFA--after Big XII and other AQ talk. Had great things to say about SMU's win over UTEP and how they are openly pulling for SMU and June Jones to make it happen in Dallas, even though it will probably not happen because Dallas is a Cowboys town.

Then they teased the next segment about the Cowboys fan being in New York that was involved in the taser gun fiasco.

Now its possible--remotely--that they led their college football segment with the UNT-UH game at the new stadium and I missed it. But assuming that we weren't even worthy of a mention to the leading sportstalk station in the area, WHILE TALKING ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND AFTER WE OPENED UP A FREAKING NEW STADIUM, then there is just nothing else I can offer to any of you about the media situation we are dealing with here. When UH plays SMU, it gets covered, why not when the same ol' SWC darling comes to play in Denton with a team that looks like it could very well be there best team in a long time and the stadium is brand new?

It will take more than just winning to change this mindset in the local area, because when we were winning SBC titles, that just got ignored (mostly) by the local media, or it got dismissed becasue it was the Sun Belt. Our coverage back then certainly didn't compare to the coverage SMU got for just winning their CUSA division last year. I really don't see how this will ever change, either. It just bothers me so much, but I just don't think we will be able to move upward in conference affiliation to ever influence these "outlets" anytime soon to change their views of our university.

BTW, just finished listening to The Hardline on KTCk 1310 discussing college football. Had great things to say about TCU's win over AFA--after Big XII and other AQ talk. Had great things to say about SMU's win over UTEP and how they are openly pulling for SMU and June Jones to make it happen in Dallas, even though it will probably not happen because Dallas is a Cowboys town.

I heard that SMUt slobberjob too. I came in late on the segment so I was hoping I had just missed the part where they talked about NT and out new stadium.