SI Predicts Record

bdan2002

I would not be embarrassed by that record.

I am never embarrassed by UNT. And, as Flyer says, this would not be a bad first-year record for Coach McCarney at all. It's really nice to see UNT stepping away from those days of the 1-win/2-win predictions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am never embarrassed by UNT. And, as Flyer says, this would not be a bad first-year record for Coach McCarney at all. It's really nice to see UNT stepping away from those days of the 1-win/2-win predictions.

If the media has us here, I am assuming you have us down for 18 wins minimum, right? :P:lol:

Look out, record books!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The staff didn't inherit much? That's a bold statement. The only positions where we will take a step back are offensive tackle, wide receiver, and defensive tackle. And that number 5 guy? I'm sure every first year coach in the nation would love to inherit him. Now if you had 6 true freshmen starting, this might hold some weight, but by my last count, that number is zero.

The staff didn't inherit much? That's a bold statement. The only positions where we will take a step back are offensive tackle, wide receiver, and defensive tackle. And that number 5 guy? I'm sure every first year coach in the nation would love to inherit him. Now if you had 6 true freshmen starting, this might hold some weight, but by my last count, that number is zero.

Yes, but you're bringing back most of the same guys who posted the previosu years record. The rest of the league gets bigger, srtonger, etc. just like UNT will. It's not like NT is the only team that will "advance" as the year begins...

Yes, but you're bringing back most of the same guys who posted the previosu years record. The rest of the league gets bigger, srtonger, etc. just like UNT will. It's not like NT is the only team that will "advance" as the year begins...

True, but you're bringing back the same guys who came close to beating K-State and adding some key players who were injured plus a few freshman and transfers who are apparently going to make an immediate impact.

• Upvote 1

If the Mean Green go 5-7 this year, they will win the SBC next year.

This.

Our coach is no idiot--he knows that he has severe depth and strength issues on the lines. The QB and WR situation will work itself out, but the lines alone keep my expectation for this season only at 3-4 wins. The attitude adjustment will pay huge dividends for us next season and beyond. But, if SI is right, and we go 5-7, I will be beyond thrilled.

To put this in perspective, since 1995, our first year back at the FBS level, we have won 5 games or more in a season on 5 occassions, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. In 1996 and 2001, we won exactly 5 games. In the other 11 seasons, we have won a total of 27 games. You can see how a 5 win season prediction can make me giddy!!

Edited by untjim1995