Seastrunk transferring

eppy4life

You know, I don't get as excited about skill players as other people. Keep in mind that our greatest WR in recent history was a walk-on. Patrick Cobbs was not a high profile RB coming out of HS. And the most recent report from camp is that Jeremy Brown (a walk-on) is pretty much tearing it up.....much like he did in spring.

Please keep in mind that the best RB's are only as good as the line blocking for them.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

You know, I don't get as excited about skill players as other people. Keep in mind that our greatest WR in recent history was a walk-on. Patrick Cobbs was not a high profile RB coming out of HS. And the most recent report from camp is that Jeremy Brown (a walk-on) is pretty much tearing it up.....much like he did in spring.

Please keep in mind that the best RB's are only as good as the line blocking for them.

Highly rated offensive and defensive linemen are always at the top of my wish list, but I think we should always try to lure the best skill players we can attract. In this case, the kid has bagage. If he was interested in UNT, I'd trust Mac to evaluate the situation, and make the right choice.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I'd love a team full of guys like Fitgerald and Cobbs but I wouldn't mind a Colt Brennan to help speed up the rebuilding process.

I am happy to have Feldt but to compare him with a guy rated the best running back in the nation is taking homer-ism to the max.

If the Feldts of the world were lining up on recruiting day for us, I'd agree. But they aren't.

Considering how hard it is to get a lineman like Feldt to Denton and looking at our RBs going all the way back to JaQuay, I wouldn't consider it homerism.