Everyone should get used to a lower standard of living and 15% unemployment, cause it's coming.

Terrible, terrible, terrible legislation.

Yes, CMJ, fell free to use this as a conservative example of unhappiness with this piece of sh!^ legislation. :angry:

To be honest, I think we were stuck with it 2-3 administrations ago. The question of the last few years has been "how long is it gonna take to get out once we get in?"

Here's the problem on taxes...

Liberals want higher taxes, specifically on those who earn high salaries, because they believe in bigger government.

Conservatives want taxes to be as low as possible because they believe in smaller government.

At the end of the day, they both want a balanced budget and eventually a reduction of debt. In order to do that we have to maximize revenues and minimize expenditures.

In order to maximize revenues, we have to hit the sweet spot of tax rates at all income levels. This sweet spot would not discourage economic growth by being too high, and it would not drop below the optimal tax rate.

That means everyone needs to contrinute a "fair share" on taxes. The rich, the middle, and the high end of the working class. Just like the Bush tax cuts affected all tax brackets, any increase in taxes must be paid by all income levels. Those who think taxing the wealthy would fix everything is delusional.

Ideally, we should shrink the gap of the tax brackets as much as possible. I favor a marginal flat tax above a specific income level. The income level would be determined every year by Congress with the goal to ensure that households living in poverty are basically exempt from income taxes.

• Upvote 1

Here's the problem on taxes...

Liberals want higher taxes, specifically on those who earn high salaries, because they believe in bigger government.

Conservatives want taxes to be as low as possible because they believe in smaller government.

At the end of the day, they both want a balanced budget and eventually a reduction of debt. In order to do that we have to maximize revenues and minimize expenditures.

In order to maximize revenues, we have to hit the sweet spot of tax rates at all income levels. This sweet spot would not discourage economic growth by being too high, and it would not drop below the optimal tax rate.

That means everyone needs to contrinute a "fair share" on taxes. The rich, the middle, and the high end of the working class. Just like the Bush tax cuts affected all tax brackets, any increase in taxes must be paid by all income levels. Those who think taxing the wealthy would fix everything is delusional.

Ideally, we should shrink the gap of the tax brackets as much as possible. I favor a marginal flat tax above a specific income level. The income level would be determined every year by Congress with the goal to ensure that households living in poverty are basically exempt from income taxes.

The poor are already exempt from income taxes. Over 40% of America pays ZERO income tax. Who's not paying their fair share...

I agree with you. We gotta reduce how ridiculously big our federal government is and let our states and local government increase taxes and govern more with reduced federal income taxes. I'd much rather pay taxes in Texas and my hometown than to the abyss of the federal government.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The poor are already exempt from income taxes. Over 40% of America pays ZERO income tax. Who's not paying their fair share...

I agree with you. We gotta reduce how ridiculously big our federal government is and let our states and local government increase taxes and govern more with reduced federal income taxes. I'd much rather pay taxes in Texas and my hometown than to the abyss of the federal government.

smh.

Yes. Go see the NHS Rations thread.

10-15 year moratorium on births? At least the people of Southlake are capable of responsibly funding their child's upbringing. I singled out welfare recipients because they irresponsibly bone down out of boredom from playing xbox too long. How about we just put soft peter in all welfare recipients water instead. That way instead of humping like rabbits they'll start looking for jobs.

10-15 year moratorium on births? At least the people of Southlake are capable of responsibly funding their child's upbringing. I singled out welfare recipients because they irresponsibly bone down out of boredom from playing xbox too long. How about we just put soft peter in all welfare recipients water instead. That way instead of humping like rabbits they'll start looking for jobs.

If this is a bit...it's tip-top.

If not, how close are you to Euless? I've someone for you to meet.

• Upvote 4

Perhaps being sarcastic is a way of saying that you are unfamiliar with the topic. Perhaps you can give your opinion on the subject without sarcasm.

I just caught this reply to my post.

I wasn't being sarcastic. We really are screwed. If you read other posts of mine I think I make that pretty well known. Unfamiliar? Actually no. I keep up with it.

I think Rand pretty much speaks how we all feel about it. Both sides are ultimately letting us down. Maybe Rand will run in 2016.

Perhaps you should tap the breaks a little. Not everyone is being sarcastic all the time.

I wasn't being sarcastic. We really are screwed. If you read other posts of mine I think I make that pretty well known. Unfamiliar? Actually no. I keep up with it.

I think Rand pretty much speaks how we all feel about it. Both sides are ultimately letting us down. Maybe Rand will run in 2016.

Perhaps you should tap the breaks a little. Not everyone is being sarcastic all the time.

Who is this we you refer to?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm with you. I think both parties gave up something they wanted, so no one feels like a winner. I'm just glad they are getting something done so my 401K doesn't tank and I don't have to fast rising interests rates on any of my variable rate debt...

Uh... Guess politicians don't control the market... or do they?

Looks like the street isn't ready to have the biggest 10 year increase in spending in the history of the USA (which is what this bill does).

my fault Green2012....

personally, i think we are screwed too.

the super congress of 12 has the tie breaking vote of the president written into the new legislation. six dems and six repub....tie break goes to the prez. what kind of deal did the republicans get us into......??

my fault Green2012....

personally, i think we are screwed too.

the super congress of 12 has the tie breaking vote of the president written into the new legislation. six dems and six repub....tie break goes to the prez. what kind of deal did the republicans get us into......??

A bad one. No side of government is serious about cutting, only accounting gimmicks that trick the citizens. Its all about getting reelected rather than doing what we need. The super congress will consist of career politicians that have no desire to make the changes needed. We'll just carry on down the road and debt will hit 20 trillion by 2020.

How's that "Change" working out for you now? Like what you see in your 401K, 403B, IRA, savings, etc. And, how about those great employment numbers? How's that "recovery" plan working out for you?

Just wondering......who might get blamed this time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5