Union Protesters Disrupt Special Olympics Ceremony

This really makes me sad. To think that these protesters would purposely disrupt a Special; Olympics event with their personal agendas is just beyond my scope of imagination. How far we have fallen as a citizenry when this sort of thing happens and those that participate in it think it is just "right and proper". So selfish, so egotistical as to be shocking. If you, like me, have volunteered to work these Special Olympic events, you know how special they are to the participants and their families. To have a bunch of self-centered jack asses disrupt the events is beyond my scope of imagination. I hope they are very proud of themselves because the majority of the country is probably pretty disgusted. If they think this sort of thing actually helps their cause, I would think that they are very sadly mistaken indeed. Stupid is as stupid does...this was BIG TIME STUPID on the part of the "protesters".

This ranks right up there with that Kansas church (if you can really call it a church) group who protests at military funerals. Disgusting by any sort of measurement!

Grow up people and show a little respect and class!

EDIT: If this post is worthy in some one's mind of a -1 then I am very proud indeed. Amazing that someone would think the above mentioned folks were worthy of their support. If this gets me a -1 then bring them on! Good grief people.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This ranks right up there with that Kansas church (if you can really call it a church) group who protests at military funerals. Disgusting by any sort of measurement!

A guy that my girlfriend went to HS with died in Afghanistan a couple months ago. The westboro baptist church had planned to protest it, and even wrote a press release that ended with "Thank God for IED's"....He was killed by an IED. They never showed up, after talking to a few people I know from her hometown, apparently they had stayed the night in Oklahoma and their tires got slashed, and none of the local tire shops would repair them. Not sure if that is what really happened or not.

Anyways, you have to be a really evil A-hole to be mentioned in the same breath as the westboro baptist church, and stealing the attention away from a bunch of kids who have to work their butts off just to do the stuff we sometimes take for granted everyday, definitely is a classless move.

• Upvote 1

A guy that my girlfriend went to HS with died in Afghanistan a couple months ago. The westboro baptist church had planned to protest it, and even wrote a press release that ended with "Thank God for IED's"....He was killed by an IED. They never showed up, after talking to a few people I know from her hometown, apparently they had stayed the night in Oklahoma and their tires got slashed, and none of the local tire shops would repair them. Not sure if that is what really happened or not.

Anyways, you have to be a really evil A-hole to be mentioned in the same breath as the westboro baptist church, and stealing the attention away from a bunch of kids who have to work their butts off just to do the stuff we sometimes take for granted everyday, definitely is a classless move.

---Westboro Baptist also stated they would show at a funeral at Andrew (West Texas). They didn't show up or else decided to sneak away... There was a big crowd waiting for them.

---Wisconsin has a bad budget problem but protesting the Governor at Special Olympics is very distasteful... They hurt their cause not helped it.... Idiots.... Appears to be a police union.

Government employee labor unions are very dangerous IMHO. Going back to our history lessons we were taught that labor unions were vital and important in order to protect workers from being abused and exploited by the evil and greedy capitalist owners. Fine, we all got that. But here, we're talking about protection from the government, aren't we? The same entity the traditional labor union look to in order to enforce contracts or resolve disputes. Really?

Let's see how this works. Government employees organize in a union and then campaign, support, elect (using their membership numbers) govenment officials. Then they blackmail the same government officials they just put in office (I mean negotiate with the government officials) on their contracts (pay, benefits, pensions, etc.) using their ability to keep or remove them from office as a major factor in the blackmail/negotiation (or maybe it is just payback for the most recent election). Governmnent employee unions are in a position of strength and extract consessions from the government (i.e. taxpayers) as part of a never-ending political process of quid pro quo that ensures the same government officials return year-after-year and government employee unions are rewarded with uber-generous contracts.

Keith

• Upvote 3