Fort Worth Coaches Caravan Tonight

Cowtown

I enjoyed the other 3 so much, I'm making the haul to the town of the cow. Wish me luck. See you there, KRAM1.

Glad to know you will be in attendance...see you there.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Got there about 45 minutes into it, but enjoyed the caravan last night. The room was just the right size for the event, and it was full all the way to the back, so kudos to those who set it up. Stockyards Hotel was a nice place to have the event, and there were goodies, food, and lots of nice conversation.

McCarney was McCarney, and hard not to get infected by his enthusiasm. I'm most impressed by his continued stress of building the defensive side of the football team, but overall I would characterize his comments as candidly, bluntly positive for the long term regarding the football program.

Really impressed with Karen Aston and Ken Murczek. They are positive and full of energy and appear genuinely excited to be at UNT. JJ was terrific, and corny jokes were out in full force. As I stood there with my wife, I couldn't help but think that the AD office has made some great hires, and have the pieces in place in many areas.

Shook a few hands, said hello to FFR and his brood, and then it was off to Cooper's for BBQ. Enjoyable evening. Can't wait until September.

• Upvote 1

LongJim...so that was you sneaking in about 45 min. late???? I agree with LongJim, it was a great evening, and if you cannot get excited about this program and where it is heading now, then you must have ice water instead of blood running through your veins or are ready for the local undertaker. These coaches are fired up and the time is right NOW to get behind this program.

Well worth the effort to get to this Ft. Worth event. I would estimate 40-45 in attendance....should have been 100-200, but that will come. Great evening to be with the Mean Green Nation. Thanks to the UNT staffers who worked hard and gave lots of extra hours to make theses Caravans happen. I hope there is a large turnout for the final stop in Grand Prairie.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Each stop has been unique. Last night I was really impressed with the food layout (and no, I haven't been going to each of these for the free food). Larg bacon wrapped shrimp, some sort if wraps, bruchetta (sp?), huge cookies, and chips and queso. I had to try the hotel's proprietary beer, Buffalo Butt. Tasted much much better than the name would imply.

I continue to be impressed with the job the Mean Green Club has done with these. One more to go for this year. You all should go while they are still free and intimate.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

I really enjoyed the event last night. It was done up first class all the way. The coaches were great. In hearing JJ talk you got the feeling that he is really excited about his incoming class and has a deep burning desire to erase the memory of one certain 1.7 seconds of time this past season. Coach Aston is D Mac in heels. I loved hearing her mention about how much it torqued her that so many small schools are calling to pay us to come play them, and how she wants to turn that around. She knows she has an uphill battle for sure, like D Mac, but I think with her defensive mindset we will see benefits sooner than later.

Overall a great time.

Rick

• Upvote 2

Each stop has been unique. Last night I was really impressed with the food layout (and no, I haven't been going to each of these for the free food). Larg bacon wrapped shrimp, some sort if wraps, bruchetta (sp?), huge cookies, and chips and queso. I had to try the hotel's proprietary beer, Buffalo Butt. Tasted much much better than the name would imply.

I continue to be impressed with the job the Mean Green Club has done with these. One more to go for this year. You all should go while they are still free and intimate.

You sure it's hotel proprietary and not Fort Worth's own Rahr and Son's Buffalo Butt?

Yes, Rahrs are TCU folks and they are really good people. Denton & NT would be lucky to have a local brewery with so much community involvement.

Buffalo Butt was originally brewed for the H3 Steakhouse attached to the hotel. If you look at the label you will find the H3 brand on there.

You can find it bottles in select booze stores.

I believe that the Rahr and Sons are TCU folk...

I love Buffalo Butt and Ugly Pug. They are two of my favorite beers. You can buy both at Super Target. I really wanted to go to the FW one but we couldn't make it and we were able to make the Plano event anyways. I love the Stockyards Hotel. Great venue to host something like that. Hopefully next year they will need someplace bigger. :)