Central Arkansas' New Artificial Turf

Wasn't there a ruling against this by the NCAA?

The NFL just recently passed a rule that only the NFL Commish can approve a field color change. Some owners thought soon there would be companies trying to promote products by buying field logos or changing field colors for advertisement.

• Downvote 2

You have to wonder if it gives Boise and Eastern Washington a big home field advantage. I know that Boise....wears blue jerseys, helmets, pants.....and I think EWU is in red from head to toe. I kind of wonder if when you're almost all the same color (other than shoes I guess) as the field.....if it's easy to blend in with the background. (make it harder for DBs to pick up WRs, for example). Maybe not.....just a thought.

You have to wonder if it gives Boise and Eastern Washington a big home field advantage. I know that Boise....wears blue jerseys, helmets, pants.....and I think EWU is in red from head to toe. I kind of wonder if when you're almost all the same color (other than shoes I guess) as the field.....if it's easy to blend in with the background. (make it harder for DBs to pick up WRs, for example). Maybe not.....just a thought.

I read an article that said some opponent coaches of Boise have already complained. They said when they watch game film of Boise at home their blue uniforms blend in with the field and it is very hard to read the jersey numbers on films to denote which players are out there...advantage Boise.

• Downvote 2

If we're going to do anything screwy with our field, we could do like Oregon did with theirs years ago, two alternating shades of green every five yards. The darker hunter green would satisfy those who liked that shade and the lighter kelly/toothpaste/seafoam green would placate those who like that color. Yard markers could be white and the end zones, black w/green trim. Now everybody's happy. Right??? :unsure:

• Upvote 1