Any Interest In This Ou Quitter?

Has his grades together. Played in all games as a freshman and sophomore, mainly on special teams, sometimes at safety. From Mesquite. Allegedly the kid who turned OU coaches in for forcing players to sign in to "voluntary" off-season workouts. Had interest of some big program coming out of high school:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110304_92_0_Oklaho473195&allcom=1

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/trice_marcus00.html

http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s=450&p=8&c=1&nid=3062776

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Trice-81769

• Downvote 1

He's clearly a good player but I just don't get as excited about transfers anymore in football. There's usually a reason why they are being allowed to transfer and it typically doesn't help their chances for sitting out an entire season.

I really like the secondary players we have recruited this year, and since he'd have to sit out a year, he'd have to compete against 2 years of recruiting by our new coaching staff. I think a likely scenario might be him getting some significant playing time in the second half of the first season he played, but what would make him all that different from a true freshman at corner? I admire that he took a stand for what he believes in, but he may come to personally question whether it was really a good idea to do so.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Downvote 1

I like how no one plays the "Martinez-really-flubbed-that-one" card. Rather, the thread plays out a "We have no room for snitchers" theme.

This isn't the first time an OU player has left the program due to voluntary workout disagreements. Martinez was their newest coach last year. Maybe he didn't get the memo to have the strength and conditioning coach personally bully the player instead of leaving a message on his phone.

If you're going to cheat, it's better not to leave a trail. And, who's going to believe a role player over a long time member of the coaching staff?

• Downvote 1

I don't understand whats so hard to understand about the quitter policy around here.

GMG Guide:

"Quitter" - a player who leaves North Texas before their time here is done. Not a personal attack. Just a statement of fact of a player's status for any team we care about.

"Mean Green Athlete" - includes players who transferred to UNT to play for the only team that matters.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Reposted for those who need it.

• Upvote 2

GMG Guide:

"Quitter" - a player who leaves North Texas before their time here is done. Not a personal attack. Just a statement of fact of a player's status for any team we care about.

"Mean Green Athlete" - includes players who transferred to UNT to play for the only team that matters.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Reposted for those who need it.

Try all you want.... they still won't get it.