Had To Share This

emmitt01

A couple nights ago I showed up to the movie theater in my North Texas sweatshirt. The manager said to me "Are you a UNT alum?" After I said yes he hands my credit card back and says "dont worry about it, it's complimentary." Yep, that just happened. Go Mean Green

Aren't you a cop? Your story should have ended... "so I pulled out my badge and said 'that's larceny and attempting to bribe a police officer son.....' I then proceeded to taser him while forcing him to sing the UNT Fight Song."

Now that would have been an awesome story.... :rock:

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Great story...It seems to be a "sign of the times" that UNT is beginning to get some notice around the Metroplex. More gear in more stores, a few more notices on news/sports channels, billboards, etc. Yes, it;s slow progress, but progress none the less. I am getting more and more positive comments when I am out wearing my Mean Green/UNT gear. I hope that is everyone's experience these days. Wear your Green...it does make a difference.

Thanks for sharing, Emmitt...AND CHECK YOUR PM's!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

A couple nights ago I showed up to the movie theater in my North Texas sweatshirt. The manager said to me "Are you a UNT alum?" After I said yes he hands my credit card back and says "dont worry about it, it's complimentary." Yep, that just happened. Go Mean Green

I once walked into a Chipotle and the girl at the register liked my tie so much she gave me a free burrito. Go Ties!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I once walked into a Chipotle and the girl at the register liked my tie so much she gave me a free burrito. Go Ties!

You seem to have a sarcastic response to anything I post.

Would it help if I told you I didnt know that was your girlfriend? Just trying to keep the peace.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You seem to have a sarcastic response to anything I post.

Would it help if I told you I didnt know that was your girlfriend? Just trying to keep the peace.

come on Emmitt....you know it was a little bit funny. That is awesome that someone gave you some props. Now allow me to share a different story.

So I am at the 24 Hr Fitness off of 183 in Irving. I like to refer to it as "San Quentin" due to the obvious high number of ex-con looking types in there getting their swole on. As I sit down at a 4 station weight machine I see the guy across from me is rockin both a UNT shirt and the matching athletic shorts. So I couldn't hold off and said "hey did you go there" or which his response was "what the F do you think?". I am wearing a UNT shirt also so I am not sure if he didn't notice or if someone pissed in his cornflakes that morning. Either way I looked at him (this dude is way bigger than me) and said that I wasn't sure what I said but if he was having a bad day he should keep that contained...then walked off. Already having had incidents with ex-cons walking up to me while using a station and claiming ownership of that station (and 5 more) so that they wouldn't have to change the weight settings (it's a pin people).... this put me over the edge. I started feeling like that nerdy guy who gets pissed at the Water Tower party in Dazed and Confused. Right as I was thinking I should go be a moron and mad-dog him....he walks up and profusely apologizes and gets quick to blame his attitude on mid-terms. I just told him that it's a brotherhood of those of us that wear our gear out in town and we should never sound off like that to

A.) Obvious UNT fans, Alum, Students etc..

B.) People since you don't know who is a punk and who isn't.

Well he went off and redeemed himself so it's whatever.....but I see a ton of UNT shirts at that gym and would wager to say easily as many as any Big 12 shirts you would see on others.