I am just wondering if Boone Pickens has a point that this great nation of ours may well go down as one of the stupidest in history. here we sit on huge natural gas and oil reserves and we continue to be held hostage by our stated enemies and some so-called friends in the Middle East while we fight a war on two fronts and pay for it all. Good grief.

The US and Canada have more oil and gas reserves than necessary to get the US off the Middle Eastern tit when it comes to oil imports.

Every administration I can recall since Truman claimed to have oil independence as a goal. In recent years the goal has been stated stronger and stronger, yet little to no progress is being made due to neglect, special interest groups and administrations (both democrat and republican) who actually want to do what it takes to get the job done. Can they even spell nuclear power? Every time the price of oil declines a little the American public "puts the peddle to the metal" and drive along their merry way, and the politicians go back to sleep on this strategic and vital issue. Then some numb nuts in the Middle East does something or doesn't do something and the price of oil spikes and everyone goes nuts again and yells and screams for energy independence. Unfortunately, this time will probably be no different. Promises will be made and pledges will be touted around in campaign slogans, but it will, unfortunately, stop there.

Yes, Bonne may just be right....The US might just be the stupidest nation on the face of the earth when it comes to this situation.

In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown, ""good grief".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Cool that you can do that. There's a certain aspect of freedom that I don't think anything but a car could fulfill for me. I would love to live in a place like Manhattan or DC and walk/ride everywhere, but if I ever needed to get out of town in a hurry not having a car would give me anxiety attacks.

libya_flag_crest_decal_sticker__74925.jpg

This makes me giggle.

I am just wondering if Boone Pickens has a point that this great nation of ours may well go down as one of the stupidest in history. here we sit on huge natural gas and oil reserves and we continue to be held hostage by our stated enemies and some so-called friends in the Middle East while we fight a war on two fronts and pay for it all. Good grief.

The US and Canada have more oil and gas reserves than necessary to get the US off the Middle Eastern tit when it comes to oil imports.

Every administration I can recall since Truman claimed to have oil independence as a goal. In recent years the goal has been stated stronger and stronger, yet little to no progress is being made due to neglect, special interest groups and administrations (both democrat and republican) who actually want to do what it takes to get the job done. Can they even spell nuclear power? Every time the price of oil declines a little the American public "puts the peddle to the metal" and drive along their merry way, and the politicians go back to sleep on this strategic and vital issue. Then some numb nuts in the Middle East does something or doesn't do something and the price of oil spikes and everyone goes nuts again and yells and screams for energy independence. Unfortunately, this time will probably be no different. Promises will be made and pledges will be touted around in campaign slogans, but it will, unfortunately, stop there.

Yes, Bonne may just be right....The US might just be the stupidest nation on the face of the earth when it comes to this situation.

In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown, ""good grief".

Amen!

Thank goodness our wonderful administration in Washington is still enforcing the drilling ban and continuing our reliance on Middle Eastern/African oil.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1