Why The West Can Still Be Won

Mean Green Matt

Me neither. I just figured I would throw that out there to show that all is not lost quite yet.

Definitely not. Just need to get a couple of wins to get some confidence and see what happens from there. Even with fewer teams in the mix, the East is bunching up at the top too. Don't sleep on WKU - they're very much in play for a bye as well.

Edited by CMJ

Good work, Matty.

And the schedule does favor us a bit....in that we have two easily winnable home games in a row....and if we win those, get some confidence back....I think the toughest remaining obstacle would be the game in J'boro. Because I think if we can get on a roll....we can beat Denver at home and UALR in LR.

Go Mean Green!

One of the Bball Forum OG's really needs to start a proper "Huge 5 game stretch" thread. We've gotten away from that this year when our heads all got swelled with the great start to the season. This team and JJ obviously feel like there wont be consequences for losses and that's led to complacency. I really like to hear from the masses what they think the consequences for losing games going forward should be (starting tonight!).

We've really let the team down by not doing our part this year.

So I went back and tried to figure out the scenarios for if we lost one more game (particulary one of the two in Arkansas). There are way too many scenarios to figure out at this point (I think there are 64, but it may be 128), but it IS possible to still get a bye even if we lose 1 more. The picture is going to become much more clear after tomorrow...

Let's just say that Troy beating ASU, and WKU beating ULL are very important, if not imperative to our chances of getting a bye if we do not win out.

REMEMBER THOUGH...all of this is a non-issue if we do win out. Win out. Get a bye. That simple. :)

Go Mean Green!