2011 Schedule News

SUMG

Conference game to open the season?

I said it before, and I'll keep saying it until we actually see the offical schedule in writing, "we need to open the new stadium against WKU!" We got them at home this year anyway.

You only get one shot at opening a new stadium and I want a sure win!!!

Go Mean Green!!!

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I said it before, and I'll keep saying it until we actually see the offical schedule in writing, "we need to open the new stadium against WKU!" We got them at home this year anyway.

Go Mean Green!!!

I couldn't disagree with this more....but I see where you are coming from. Playing Houston will give reason to pack out this stadium (even if 1/3 are wearing red) but playing WKU is another one of those "who is UNT playing?" games that does nothing for us. While I actually look forward to our WKU games on both sides of the house (BBall and Football) I couldn't think of a better team to open against. Hopefully...if things do not work out for us (keep the faith) people will realize that:

1.) The glorious June Jones era SMU team that some idiots are comparing to TCU has never beaten Houston.

2.) This team beat Ok St. Texas Tech, Miss. St and many others in the last 3 yrs.

3.) Their QB is a Heisman candidate

I will not make excuses for a potential loss to Houston after seeing both the Clemson and Kansas State games last year. Houston is beatable...and we are a team that can do it and esp with Keenum being gone a yr before he throws the pigskin against us (let's hope for a Dasher type situation here).

I was talking to someone last week that stated "ohh yeah UNT....man they are opening their new stadium with Houston...I have to get tickets to that game" and I seriously doubt that WKU would ever be mentioned in a similar statement. Just come out with the intention of winning and will can do just that.

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 2

Go Mean Green!!!

WKU is playing @ Kentucky opening weekend

Houston is not unbeatable, but we have to outscore them. Honestly, our defense is not going to stop them, but their defense isn't anything to write home about. We will need to control the clock utilizing Dunbar, who should run all over them, Hamilton, Byrd, etc... to run all over them.

Houston is not unbeatable, but we have to outscore them. Honestly, our defense is not going to stop them, but their defense isn't anything to write home about. We will need to control the clock utilizing Dunbar, who should run all over them, Hamilton, Byrd, etc... to run all over them.

So a repeat of the clock control of the Clemson game....and a repeat of the scoring drives of the KSU game.

The secret to winning has been revealed!

• Upvote 1

I couldn't disagree with this more....but I see where you are coming from. Playing Houston will give reason to pack out this stadium (even if 1/3 are wearing red) but playing WKU is another one of those "who is UNT playing?" games that does nothing for us.

It will be nowhere near 1/3 Houston fans. I imagine it will be about 26k-28k in green with the rest being filled by red. I was told that if it is absolutely packed the attendance will be somewhere in between 31k-32k. This game will sell out. This is the game that we will finally see 10,000 students there.

Also, even if you are only buying a single game ticket, buy it early. The Athletic Department wants all the UNT tickets sold out in advance so that Houston gets their allottment, and that's it; no walkup crowd from Houston. There is also a chance they may even make students pick up tickets (for free) early in the week.

Show me the Texas Tech QBs who've put up huge numbers and won the Heisman. And that's in the Big 12. Keenum isn't a legitimate Heisman candidate. Sorry.

Show me the BYU QBs that did it before Ty Detmer.

And if you can't find one, go steal the Heisman back from Houston QB Andre Ware.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Show me the Texas Tech QBs who've put up huge numbers and won the Heisman. And that's in the Big 12. Keenum isn't a legitimate Heisman candidate. Sorry.

This is seriously uninformed. After his 2009 season, he was one of the top candidates to win in 2010: http://www.betvega.com/heisman-trophy-odds-mark-ingram-jake-locker-case-keenum-top-3-favorites-0625102/

As such, he will be talked about for the Heisman in 2011. Do I think Keenum will win it? No, there are too many other big names returning that overshadow him. But most preseason conversations of Heisman hopefuls will probably include Keenum.

http://www.allsportsdiscussion.com/2011/01/Way-way-too-early-list-of-Heisman-Hopefuls-for-2011-.aspx

plenty people see him having a realistic shot. ESPN practically worshiped him last year before the season. Anyway, I'm pretty sure his game will definitely be sold out. The fact that it is the new stadium alone will cause it to be a sell out, not to mention that we're playing Houston with a Heisman-candidate quarterback

Show me the BYU QBs that did it before Ty Detmer.

And if you can't find one, go steal the Heisman back from Houston QB Andre Ware.

REASONED RESPONSES, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH HISTORICAL EVIDENCE, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!! Please stick to the "if it aint BCS it aint real" line of thinking.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

REASONED RESPONSES, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH HISTORICAL EVIDENCE, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!! Please stick to the "if it aint BCS it aint real" line of thinking.

How emmitt made the top 20 is beyond me. Do all those points for his youtube video really count?

Making an argument for a Non-AQ player by using pre-BCS examples isn't 'reasoned responses.' Andre Ware playing in the Southwest Conference isn't equal to Keenum in CUSA.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1