"weather" We Like It Or Not: It's Icy & Dangerous&#33

PlummMeanGreen

I've got a 4 wheel drive vehicle and do OK, but here in Parker County the intersections are iced over and people are skidding like crazy hitting each other or stop signs.

To all our Mean Greeners, Visitors of GMG.com and even hater/posters: Stay home if you can and if you can't don't drive like we native Texans seem to think we can drive and that is like we do when we get inside those "bumper cars" at the State Fair of Texas or local county fairs.

Dogs or Cats? Get em' a place out of the wind, an old blanket inside the garage and give them fresh water from your kitchen because all ponds or outside water outlets are frozen.

It will be 8 degrees early tomorrow morning and that is cold, folks! Just, uh, sayin'...

GMG!

PS A red number for this thread? See what I mean, Harry?

10,875 postings - you are bound to have created a few anti-Plumm folks with that many postings! They ain't gonna like your postings regardless of what you post. :>)

• Upvote 3

10,875 postings - you are bound to have created a few anti-Plumm folks with that many postings! They ain't gonna like your postings regardless of what you post. :>)

This board is not about a popularity contest. I have all the friends and confidants I need or want. I think its more a matter of maturity (or lack thereof) or accepting what some know is the truth in many cases and just cannot handle it as presented and as far as UNT is concerned...I've gotten all the awards & recognition from my alma mater that I want and I didn't ask or campaign for that one.

While we still have the freedom of the internet,:ph34r: I'm sure I will still express my views whether anyone who would hide behind a red number likes them or not.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I've got a 4 wheel drive vehicle and do OK, but here in Parker County the intersections are iced over and people are skidding like crazy hitting each other or stop signs.

To all our Mean Greeners, Visitors of GMG.com and even hater/posters: Stay home if you can and if you can't don't drive like we native Texans seem to think we can drive and that is like we do when we get inside those "bumper cars" at the State Fair of Texas or local county fairs.

Dogs or Cats? Get em' a place out of the wind, an old blanket inside the garage and give them fresh water from your kitchen because all ponds or outside water outlets are frozen.

It will be 8 degrees early tomorrow morning and that is cold, folks! Just, uh, sayin'...

GMG!

PS A red number for this thread? See what I mean, Harry? No rhyme or reason or anything close to how I think you originally intended it to be used in the first place.

I like the idea I heard expressed recently of those who post red to have their ID or monikors shown so all on GMG.com can see those who would hide behind such otherwise. Then they can explain to all on the board the reason they posted red if they posted red any longer.:rolleyes:

Pffftt... this is the view from my office window. :P You Texans and your crazy driving on ice... yikes!

Window_002.jpg

This board is not about a popularity contest. I have all the friends and confidants I need or want. I think its more a matter of maturity (or lack thereof) or accepting what some know is the truth in many cases and just cannot handle it as presented and as far as UNT is concerned...I've gotten all the awards & recognition from my alma mater that I want and I didn't ask or campaign for that one.

While we still have the freedom of the internet,:ph34r: I'm sure I will still express my views whether anyone who would hide behind a red number likes them or not.

GMG!

Come on, lighten up - What I said was in jest!

Pffftt... this is the view from my office window. :PYou Texans and your crazy driving on ice... yikes!

Window_002.jpg

Back when I first started attending UNT, I became acquainted with a student who was from New Jersey. We were expecting snow one week-end in Denton, so I asked him if he planned to get out and do anything over the week-end. He said "Hell NO! I'm staying in. Texans don't even know how to drive in the rain,.... much less the snow".

So true.

• Upvote 1

Me and my buds just walked to the old golf course. I felt like the French under Napoleon marching towards Russia.

Don't mean to be a jerk....but the winter nip in Russia started after the retreat from Moscow :ph34r:

Here is a really awesome graph created by Frenchman Charles Minard...showing the size of the Army upon the invasion and how badly it dwindled on the return home.

My link

Yeah...I will say it...I am a history geek and use the most idiotic opportunities to share something.

GMG!

PS A red number for this thread? See what I mean, Harry? No rhyme or reason or anything close to how I think you originally intended it to be used in the first place.

I like the idea I heard expressed recently of those who post red to have their ID or monikors shown so all on GMG.com can see those who would hide behind such otherwise. Then they can explain to all on the board the reason they posted red if they posted red any longer.:rolleyes:

+1 for you and your Texas Ranger ancestor; I'm guessing he had to be out in such as this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't mean to be a jerk....but the winter nip in Russia started after the retreat from Moscow :ph34r:

Here is a really awesome graph created by Frenchman Charles Minard...showing the size of the Army upon the invasion and how badly it dwindled on the return home.

My link

Yeah...I will say it...I am a history geek and use the most idiotic opportunities to share something.

I'm sure the march up was not pleasant either way. I am a History major, I should have known this haha. Although, I am specializing in U.S History.

High today about 17 degrees? That obviously means little thawing out and much black ice on the bridges that you cannot see at night.

I'm surprised they have not postponed the Recruiting party because you ever been out in this kind of weather in the dark when someone rattles your bumper in a fender-bender (or worse) and then you need AAA Auto Service to come to the rescue while you are subject to frost bite? That happened to a Fort Worth friend last night, but he had a warm place to go.

UNT officials should move both the game and the Recruiting party to Saturday in consideration of those who would get out on the interstates in this terrible weather; that is, if they just want to keep it local and small turnout. I'd hate to hear of any bad wrecks among our elect due to this still being on the schedule. (It will mostly be the bridges that will be the problem tonight).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Pffftt... this is the view from my office window. :P You Texans and your crazy driving on ice... yikes!

Window_002.jpg

As someone who has lived in Colorado and Texas I'd take that snow any day. This ice sucks bum. I HAD to get out in it yesterday and only had to drive a mile but we don't have nice sand/salt trucks here in The Colony so me and my Jeep had some fun slipping and sliding to the gas station to get cat food... :blink:

It was definitely an adventure.

High today about 17 degrees? That obviously means little thawing out and much black ice on the bridges that you cannot see at night.

I'm surprised they have not postponed the Recruiting party because you ever been out in this kind of weather in the dark when someone rattles your bumper in a fender-bender (or worse) and then you need AAA Auto Service to come to the rescue while you are subject to frost bite? That happened to a Fort Worth friend last night, but he had a warm place to go.

UNT officials should move both the game and the Recruiting party to Saturday in consideration of those who would get out on the interstates in this terrible weather; that is, if they just want to keep it local and small turnout. I'd hate to hear of any bad wrecks among our elect due to this still being on the schedule. (It will mostly be the bridges that will be the problem tonight).

GMG!

You were correct in half, they've cancelled the recruiting party with no reschedule date as of yet.

No word yet on the game reschedule.