De-Commits

SUMG

when we start winning the decommits will stop.

this i don't believe. decommits will always happen. a kid will be enamored by a school and commit, then later on, check out another school and be wowed by them. it's part of recruiting. what's important is how our staff reacts to those players that decommit and find us better players for the team.

this i don't believe. decommits will always happen. a kid will be enamored by a school and commit, then later on, check out another school and be wowed by them. it's part of recruiting. what's important is how our staff reacts to those players that decommit and find us better players for the team.

I agree, especially with the part about how the staff deals with it. It may be an opportunity to assess team needs (most here would agree interior linemen on both sides, and perhaps another receiver). Also, I don't want guys here who are on the fence about it. UNT and Denton have a lot to offer; however, it may be the right place for some, hands down, and one of several "options" for others. I want our scholarships to go to guys who can help the team and who want to be here; someone who switches commitments twice in 2 weeks has to be viewed with some skepticism.

• Upvote 1

Ok it won't be as bad as it seems now, start winning and kids want to come here and not use us as a Plan B, but rather Plan A. Even losing 2 players this class is head and shoulders above our recent classes and done in only 2 months time.

With the way SUMG likes to scoop and the way this class was going, I thought this thread was about a defensive end committing and I was excited to see who. Then I read this thread and felt like I was pooped on. :thumbsd:

I'm sorry buddy. My bad. And to everyone....my point isn't that we're having de-commits.....there seem to be a lot more of them for every school this year. I think our staff is putting together a helluva class....very proud of them.

I don't think there's a disproportionate amount of DQ's. The Head Coach turnover has a lot to do with de-commits and the like. And in all honesty, I don't mind seeing a couple kids per class de-commit, only reaffirms the staff's ability to find talent.

You go after higher ranked players and all the sudden you're competing with larger FB entity's.

This will slow down a large degree when D-Mac and JG get a full yr to build the rapport and trust level with prospective recruits. 2 months is a little hard to build a relationship in.