Lloyd Carrington

AndersonUNT

Graham and Dodge should know the recruiting ropes in Texas and they do have a lot to offer with Pitt being in a Big 6 conference.

Still, it's hard to be disappointed that we didn't get Carrington. If we had we'd have to forfeit other needs or not offer Warner. Carrington for Warner seems like a fairly even swap.

Edited by GrayEagle

Graham and Dodge should know the recruiting ropes in Texas and they do have a lot to offer with Pitt being in a Big 6 conference.

Still, it's hard to be disappointed that we didn't get Carrington. If we had we'd have to forfeit other needs or not offer Warner. Carrington for Warner seems like a fairly even swap.

If I'm not mistaken, he's had Pitt on his list for quite some time. Warner for Carrington works fine for me. Another piece to the puzzle.

Mr Carrington, enjoy those beautiful Pittsburgh Fall and Winters.

I was reading vitos blog Here and found it interesting that Lloyd Carrington committed to Pitt.I wonder if Mr. Dodge had something to do with this recruit choosing Pitt over UNT? Any thoughts??

TDodge is now getting his pay checks from Pitt so I guess its OK if he did have influence? As some of us predicted, TDodge would get a college coaching gig again and even moreso some of us felt when that happened he would most likely recruit the North Texas region, too.

Here's A Good One: One of our great alums who had worked in the athletic dept. when Jerry Moore got the TTech job remembers UNT assistant FB coaches who Moore told would go to Lubbock with him making recruiting calls from the UNT Athletic Dept. on behalf of Texas Tech and on our nickel. :angry:

GMG!