Texas Southern (12/4/10)

CMJ

Kenpom has North Texas winning 75-64 with a 86% chance of winning. UNT is #151 and Southern is #325.

Sagarin has North Texas winning by 3 to 5 points (depending which ranking you use). UNT is #131 and Southern is #264.

UNT is slipping in both rankings. I think scoring margin is the main culprit. Since these are used for anything it's not an issue. Per CBS RPI is #47.

Between jokes at a new poster's expense and the discussing of travel plans...what to expect from TSU?

They're 1-5...they have a 6 point win...and their average margin of defeat is nearly 21 points per game.

HOWEVER...

Their win came against Oregon State...no, that's not a giant by any means, but they are a a Pac-10 team and they did win in Corvallis.

Their 5 losses are to Drake, Wichita State, Oklahoma, Oregon and #4 Kansas State...all very quality to top-tier programs and all of those games have been on the road.

So here's a team that has played a murderous schedule, all on the road and now get to come home with 8 days rest and practice time for a team that doesn't close out wins. This has trap written all over it.

Think our starters play too much? TSU forward Kevin Galloway is averaging 39.3mpg. Galloway is a 6'7" senior who by my count is playing for his 4th school...USC, Southern Idaho(JC) and Kentucky being his first three. Freshman 6'4" guard Lawrence Johnson-Danner has scored in double figures in all 6 games for TSU. Harrison Smith played in just their opener...played 30 minutes, dropped 12 points and hasn't been seen from again...not sure if this is an injury, discipline, grades...past those three nobody does much scoring.

I think we're better...but I think this game it needs to be seen for 40 minutes, b/c after what this Jags team has been through in their first 6 games they won't be intimidated in the least by UNT.

Kenpom has North Texas winning 75-64 with a 86% chance of winning. UNT is #151 and Southern is #325.

Sagarin has North Texas winning by 3 to 5 points (depending which ranking you use). UNT is #131 and Southern is #264.

UNT is slipping in both rankings. I think scoring margin is the main culprit. Since these are used for anything it's not an issue. Per CBS RPI is #47.

RealTimerpi has us at 40.