Does Any One Know Rick Villarreal's Email Address?

MeanGreen01

If you know Rick Villarreal's email, please let me know so I can send him an email supporting Coach Canales as our new HC.

The more supporting emails and request to hire Coach Canales can only help. I hope it's not too late but it's worth a shot.

Who would have thought 6 games ago that we would have played K-State this well? Great effort Coach Canales and team!

Thanks for your help with the email address.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Forgive me if this is a dumb comment - but do you guys think that this is completely RV's choice?

I am thinking "they" (UNT) might not let him make this decision, bc his decision wasn't great last time...

Like I said - might be dumb, but more of a question than comment, cause I could see "them" going both ways....

Forgive me if this is a dumb comment - but do you guys think that this is completely RV's choice?

I am thinking "they" (UNT) might not let him make this decision, bc his decision wasn't great last time...

Like I said - might be dumb, but more of a question than comment, cause I could see "them" going both ways....

Let's think about this for a second....we have an AD that is not in charge of making a coaching decision? If so, why again is he the AD?

Let's think about this for a second....we have an AD that is not in charge of making a coaching decision? If so, why again is he the AD?

Just like any other business, the one right above the person being replaced is not always the only one that gets to chime in their thoughts. Sometimes, the person right above get over-ruled.

Edited by Shannon

If you know Rick Villarreal's email, please let me know so I can send him an email supporting Coach Canales as our new HC.

The more supporting emails and request to hire Coach Canales can only help. I hope it's not too late but it's worth a shot.

Who would have thought 6 games ago that we would have played K-State this well? Great effort Coach Canales and team!

Thanks for your help with the email address.

Go Mean Green!

You need to contact members of the Board of Regents. I fear they are the only ones able to override a decision by RV, Rawlins, or Nienas.

Anyone got their numbers?

Because his last two big hires have been Todd Dodge and Shanice Stevens.

Yeah, but, don't forget RV brought in JJ, the new volleyball coach, tennis coach, swimming, and softball. All of which have been successful turning around not so great programs. He has proven to hire quality coaches more than he has hired failed ones.

• Upvote 1

dr. rawlngs is very involved with athletics, especially football , and even more so since we invested $78 million in a new stadium. this decision was not a unilateral decision by rick, which has not always been the case in past hires. the following is just an opinion, but it has always appeared to me that historically the athletic department was basically left alone with not much accountability. no longer. this is not a reflection on the job rick has or has not done, but rather good business on the administration's part as our athletic budget continues to grow.i am a big fan of ricks, and am amazed at what he has accomplished in updating our facalities in such a short period of time. i entered ntsu in 61', and until rick arrived the only new facality was athletic administration building constructed during hayden frys tenure.[ the supper pit is actually considered a multi-purpose building, has its own supervisor, and does not report to the athletic department.]in summary, the decision to hire coach mac was a collective effort, and the only people who have never made a hiring mistake are those who have never hired anyone. while i would have gone a different direction in my coaching choice, i support their decision and look forward to a new era as we move forward.

You need to contact members of the Board of Regents. I fear they are the only ones able to override a decision by RV, Rawlins, or Nienas.

Anyone got their numbers?

I hate to break it to you, but the BOR had to approve McCarney's contract. By the way it is a contract, it does not get overridden and can't be voided unless you go through a legal process and have a legitimate reason like fraud.

I love all of these folks saying - just get over it. Sit down and be quiet.

The decision is made and nothing will bring Canales back into this role. But to say just take it is not how it gets done in this country. Bring on the Green Tea Party Express.

GMG

dr. rawlngs is very involved with athletics, especially football , and even more so since we invested $78 million in a new stadium. this decision was not a unilateral decision by rick, which has not always been the case in past hires. the following is just an opinion, but it has always appeared to me that historically the athletic department was basically left alone with not much accountability. no longer. this is not a reflection on the job rick has or has not done, but rather good business on the administration's part as our athletic budget continues to grow.i am a big fan of ricks, and am amazed at what he has accomplished in updating our facalities in such a short period of time. i entered ntsu in 61', and until rick arrived the only new facality was athletic administration building constructed during hayden frys tenure.[ the supper pit is actually considered a multi-purpose building, has its own supervisor, and does not report to the athletic department.]in summary, the decision to hire coach mac was a collective effort, and the only people who have never made a hiring mistake are those who have never hired anyone. while i would have gone a different direction in my coaching choice, i support their decision and look forward to a new era as we move forward.

Good post wardly, and I agree. Now that the decision has been made, let's see who coach Mac brings in/keeps for his staff and how he does in recruiting. He's our coach now. He's part of the Mean Green Family. Let's all support him and see where he takes this program.