Unt Women Vs. Oral Roberts

Mean Green Matt

The game tips off at 4:00 in Oklahoma. UNT is coming off a good win against SFA, but the way we almost blew it at the end worries me. Oral Roberts is 1-0 as well, but they left NO DOUBT in their game, defeating UT-Arlington 110-58 at home. I'll probably listen to this one while I do some homework. Go Mean Green!

Well ORU goes on a 20 to 5 run to end the half, it seems SS could have at least called a time out.

54-38 at the half. Keep in mind that ORU received 26 of 30 first place votes, and is picked to win the Summit League. They are also ranked #19 in the mid-major top 25 poll. It is frustrating that we fell behind like we did, but I think our play this year so far (minus TWU) is showing that we may have an ok season in SBC play. ORU did beat UTA by over 50, and we made a 30 point swing on SFA from last year. Im not on the SS bandwagon or anything, but there are AT LEAST a few rays of hope for this season.

54-38 at the half. Keep in mind that ORU received 26 of 30 first place votes, and is picked to win the Summit League. They are also ranked #19 in the mid-major top 25 poll. It is frustrating that we fell behind like we did, but I think our play this year so far (minus TWU) is showing that we may have an ok season in SBC play. ORU did beat UTA by over 50, and we made a 30 point swing on SFA from last year. Im not on the SS bandwagon or anything, but there are AT LEAST a few rays of hope for this season.

Only stated the obvious, the game was NT 33 to 34 with about 5 to go in half. It seems most coaches would have at least called a time out to try to stop the momentum. ORU is a good club, but don't give them the game.

Edited by GrandGreen

Only stated the obvious, the game was NT 33 to 34 with about 5 to go in half. It seems most coaches would have at least called a time out to try to stop the momentum. ORU is a good club, but don't give them the game.

I was not saying you were wrong. :D You are 100% right that a time out should have been called. I am just glad that we don't look like the hapless team we were last year.

Well another record setting game for the Green. ORU is good but, not that good. This NT team seems to have more depth and some talent but again shows no defense and tons of turnovers. SS's 94 feet of heat was supposed to be by her team, was it not? SS whose trademark was supposed to be a pressing, fast break style; not only can't play it very well; but seems defenseless against teams that can.

It is early, but this eight straight road games may be more than they can recover from. At some point, this team has to develop some defense and ball handling.

TULSA, Okla. - The North Texas women's basketball team couldn't slow down the high powered offense of Oral Roberts as they ran away from the Mean Green for a 120-87 win at the Mabee Center. The Golden Eagles broke a school record for points with 120 as that mark is also the most points allowed by North Texas in a single game.

Read the full story at MEANGREENSPORTS.COM

TULSA, Okla. - The North Texas women's basketball team couldn't slow down the high powered offense of Oral Roberts as they ran away from the Mean Green for a 120-87 win at the Mabee Center. The Golden Eagles broke a school record for points with 120 as that mark is also the most points allowed by North Texas in a single game.

Read the full story at MEANGREENSPORTS.COM

Nice so we have the TD of WBB. Brilliant hire we have here Mr RV

I was ready to put a positive spin on this. After listening to the first 15 minutes or so, it seemed we could at least hang within 10 or 15 points, but losing by over 30 points, giving up 120 points total, and apparently 30 turnovers is really, really bad. :( Like GrandGreen said, with this 8-game road trip, its not going to get much easier for them anytime soon.

Sad that school records are being broke for most points allowed. But not surprised. Wonder what Donna Capps is doing these days? <_<

this off the wall basketball coach hire is the reason so many people are nervous with RV getting it right this time for the new FB coach. Donna Capps should be laughing her ass off at us right now.

I hope not. Horn has South Oak cliff tomorrow. She needs to be getting the girls ready.

Nice so we have the TD of WBB. Brilliant hire we have here Mr RV

This will sound funny, but I knew that she had zero chance of succeeding here when we lost a game last year (even if it didn't really count) to freaking TWU. I mean, really, even if its a scrimmage, shouldn't we have about 10x the talent that TWU will ever have, both in players and coaches? It reminded me of when Trilli's teams had to fight real hard to beat Division II schools when he was here.