Fc Dallas Playoff Time!

See FC Dallas take on the defending MLS Cup Champion Real Salt Lake this Saturday at 4:00. Both FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake boast MLS MVP Candidates and Coach of the Year Candidates. The two teams also finished the 2010 regular season as two of the three top teams in MLS, making this the most highly anticipated matchup of the Conference Semi-Finals.

The match will be at Pizza Hut Park, and they will show the Rangers World Series game on the video boards immediately following the match

www.fcdallas.com

Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C004458F5C2ABCA?artistid=805930&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

LA beat Seattle 1-0 last night at Quest Field, hopefully the Sounders will come back strong for the 2nd leg.

Schellas Hyndman has some tricky choices to make this Saturday. Rodriguez is likely out with an injury. Pearce will likely be out again with the hamstring injury. George John they are hoping will be back, but not sure. Atiba Harris is suspended.

This will probably leave Zach Loyd at left back, and move Cunningham, and Shea back into the starting lineup.

I'm sure we will see Avila as a sub at some point, but the other two subs (which will likely be needed due to the altitude) I really have no clue.

Yep game was a blast except for the 20 min in the beer line...lol, but good crowd and a fun game!!!

Every year this comes up as one of the top fan complaints, and every year nothing changes. Always head up to the top of the concourse at the 45th minute & watch until the whistle. That's the only way you'll get back to your seat in time for the 2nd half.

Wow I am just a casual follower of the MLS but looks like the whole playoff system has changed from what it first used to be.

And it's going to change again. There is a big push for a single table schedule (no conferences), but I say it's a longshot. Right now, you got Western conference teams competing for the Eastern Conference title. Stupid.

The league is expanding next year to 18 teams and I believe FIFA has a 20-team limit. After that, I'd LOVE to see American soccer consider a relegation system - but that's probably a bigger longshot than a single table.

Edited by UNTflyer

And it's going to change again. There is a big push for a single table schedule (no conferences), but I say it's a longshot. Right now, you got Western conference teams competing for the Eastern Conference title. Stupid.

The league is expanding next year to 18 teams and I believe FIFA has a 20-team limit. After that, I'd LOVE to see American soccer consider a relegation system - but that's probably a bigger longshot than a single table.

The MLS commisioner has specifically said single table is not in the plans. I am for single table as long as playoffs still happen at the end. I don't think copying the rest of the world, where the regular season is all there is, will fit the American sports mindset. I am 100% for promotion and relegation though.

MLS Website