Bcs Vs Ap

UNTflyer

So Alabama would after playing San Jose State and Duke and Georgia State ( a new team)? Auburn plays UT-Chattanooga, ULM, etc..,

Michigan St played N. Colorado, FAU which are weaker than TCU's schedule. Oregon played Portland State and UNM. So your straw man argument is gone against TCU and BSU.

Once again TCU and Boise are in weak conferences, they need to schedule tough OOC games to be in the national championship picture. Team in the SEC don't, they are playing 6-8 teams in conference that are better than any teams TCU or Boise play on their entire schedule. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. TCU or Boise would not win the SEC, not even close, so why put them into a national championship game ahead of these teams? I give it to Boise for at lease attempting to schedule tough OOC games, but TCU plays a weak schedule OOC and in conference.

Of course the SEC plays scrubs in the OOC, have you seen the conference schedule? TCU plays scrubs in the OOC and in conference. Auburn plays Miss. State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. OOC they play Ark. State, Clemson, ULM, and Chattanooga. So what? I count 9 games that are going to be hard fought games that they have a chance to lose. TCU is going to play two games this season they have a chance to lose: Utah and Oregon State. The level of competition is not even close. TCU plays some of the worst teams in college football and they are getting rewarded for it. It is a joke for them to even sniff a national championship game as long as they schedule weak OOC opponents. If a team can make it through the SEC with one loss, that is a far greater accomplishment than going undeafeated beating New Mexico, Colorade State, BYU, Utah, San Diego State, Wyoming, Oregon State, Tennessee Tech, Baylor, SMU, Air Force and UNLV.

How much stronger does the SEC look because they play weak ass non conference schedules though? Of course the SEC is going to have a high RPI and computer marks when everybody has sterling non-conference records and then play each other(further boosting their own RPI's). That's how they rig the system.

How much stronger does the SEC look because they play weak ass non conference schedules though? Of course the SEC is going to have a high RPI and computer marks when everybody has sterling non-conference records and then play each other(further boosting their own RPI's). That's how they rig the system.

I don't think the system is rigged, watch the damn games! TCU's OOC schedule is at best, marginally better than Auburn's is, and their conference schedule is lightyears behind. I don't understand the sudden urge to reward teams for playing in weak conferences. If this were the case TCU and Boise would be best suited playing in the worst conference they can be in. Again, I think Boise has done a great job with their OOC schedule, I don't think TCU has. A couple of years ago when TCU was playing Texas or Oklahoma OOC you didn't hear them in the national championship conversation did you? You know why? Because they were losing those games.

I don't think the system is rigged, watch the damn games! TCU's OOC schedule is at best, marginally better than Auburn's is, and their conference schedule is lightyears behind. I don't understand the sudden urge to reward teams for playing in weak conferences. If this were the case TCU and Boise would be best suited playing in the worst conference they can be in. Again, I think Boise has done a great job with their OOC schedule, I don't think TCU has. A couple of years ago when TCU was playing Texas or Oklahoma OOC you didn't hear them in the national championship conversation did you? You know why? Because they were losing those games.

Imagine what fun this would be if the NFL used the BCS formula to decide who plays in the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

I do watch the damn games! I'm not saying the SEC isn't tough, it is. But their league wide "superiority" is largely in how they schedule. When you rarely, if ever, play on the road you go into the conference slate with a great record. Then when all those schools beat each other up, they continue to look great because they were all ranked - LARGELY BECAUSE THEY ALL ENTERED LEAGUE PLAY WITH 4-0 RECORDS AFTER BEATING UP ON SCHOOLS LIKE UNT.

All that said, I do currently think Auburn is the best team out there right now.

To delve into your other points - I believe TCU also beat OU on their field a few years ago, and have had some other pretty good results vs the "big boys" in the noncon. It's not like they got pounded in all those games, not by any stretch.

Oregon State was in the Top 25 when they played both Boise State and TCU. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Frogs for that. If Rodgers hadn't gotten hurt against Zona, I doubt OSU would've lost at Washington. Not making excuses for OSU, but that isn't nearly the same team that TCU or BSU beat earlier this year.

Oregon State - THAT is a out of conference slate to respect. They played a nuetral site(in name only) game and a true road game at a top 10 school. And that is from a Big 6 league school that was expected to compete for the Pac-10 title. No reason why more of the big boys can't try that. None.

I do watch the damn games! I'm not saying the SEC isn't tough, it is. But their league wide "superiority" is largely in how they schedule. When you rarely, if ever, play on the road you go into the conference slate with a great record. Then when all those schools beat each other up, they continue to look great because they were all ranked - LARGELY BECAUSE THEY ALL ENTERED LEAGUE PLAY WITH 4-0 RECORDS AFTER BEATING UP ON SCHOOLS LIKE UNT.

All that said, I do currently think Auburn is the best team out there right now.

To delve into your other points - I believe TCU also beat OU on their field a few years ago, and have had some other pretty good results vs the "big boys" in the noncon. It's not like they got pounded in all those games, not by any stretch.

Oregon State was in the Top 25 when they played both Boise State and TCU. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Frogs for that. If Rodgers hadn't gotten hurt against Zona, I doubt OSU would've lost at Washington. Not making excuses for OSU, but that isn't nearly the same team that TCU or BSU beat earlier this year.

Oregon State - THAT is a out of conference slate to respect. They played a nuetral site(in name only) game and a true road game at a top 10 school. And that is from a Big 6 league school that was expected to compete for the Pac-10 title. No reason why more of the big boys can't try that. None.

TCU did beat Oklahoma one year when OU didn't have a QB and was 8-5 I think. In 2008, however, TCU lost 2 games, to Utah 13-10 in a game in which TCU dominated (Utah beat up a disinterested Alabama team in the BCS) and was manhandled by Oklahoma 35-10.

TCU did beat Oklahoma one year when OU didn't have a QB and was 8-5 I think. In 2008, however, TCU lost 2 games, to Utah 13-10 in a game in which TCU dominated (Utah beat up a disinterested Alabama team in the BCS) and was manhandled by Oklahoma 35-10.

I love how anytime a school outside the power leagues whips a top 10 school, it's because said school was disinterested. Want me to list all the other excuses that are used, or should I let you continue and churn them out?

I love how anytime a school outside the power leagues whips a top 10 school, it's because said school was disinterested. Want me to list all the other excuses that are used, or should I let you continue and churn them out?

A team just loses a chance to play for a national championship and instead plays Utah. Yeah, they were dissinterested no doubt. Utah was also very prepared and played a great game, Alabama did not.

A team just loses a chance to play for a national championship and instead plays Utah. Yeah, they were dissinterested no doubt. Utah was also very prepared and played a great game, Alabama did not.

So what happened to Florida last year against Cincy? Were they not disappointed? What about Georgia against Hawaii after they were passed in the polls by an LSU team they were ranked several spots ahead of?

That's just one of the most often used ones. But here ya go - compiled by Boise fans, the dictionary of terms/excuses used by the "big boys".

http://www.cb.wsu.edu/~cscott/downloads/AQdictionary.pdf

Whatever. Alabama getting beat up due to lack of interest/lack of preparation is no excuse for losing. They're Alabama for Pete's sake.

There is a reason that people in love with BCS conferences don't want TCU and Boise in the National Title Hunt - they fear that their beloved team/conference may be shown for what they are - BEATABLE.

...damn, we need a playoff system.

I hate the BCS and am not a fan of any of its conferences. I do however, have great respect for the SEC as a football conference. If we have a playoff I think that would be best, but I think that teams should compete regionally to decide who goes to the playoffs.

This argument is classic, TCU should play the tough schools, but the tough schools should play scrubs. How can TCU possibly play Florida or Bama if they don't want/shouldn't have to play them. Somewhere, logic has been dealt a serious blow.

I never said the tough schools should schedule scrubs, but if that is what they want to do that is fine, they are still playing a much tougher schedule that TCU. It is not ok for TCU to go out and play an entire season schedule where they never play any team that is very good and claim that they are national championship contenders...

I never said the tough schools should schedule scrubs, but if that is what they want to do that is fine, they are still playing a much tougher schedule that TCU. It is not ok for TCU to go out and play an entire season schedule where they never play any team that is very good and claim that they are national championship contenders...

So how can TCU do that if none of the good teams want to schedule them? TCU has proven to those schools that they are good enough to beat them, so they will not schedule TCU anymore. There aren't a whole lot of options left, so they do what they can to fill a schedule.

I think that teams should compete regionally to decide who goes to the playoffs.

That's funny. If you look at the other sport that the SEC supposedly dominates, baseball, you'll see that they sent eight teams to the 64-team field, and of those, only 2 teams were put in a spot to have to possibly play each other in the supers (read: sweet 16). They set it up so that 7 of 8 teams in the World Series could be from the SEC. Same argument over there too. In 2011, of 56 games, LSU plays TWO out of conference road games. They play 37 home games, and start the season with a 16 game home stretch against such power houses as Holy Cross, Mississippi Valley State, Princeton, and Sacred Heart. Different sport, same BCS BS.

So how can TCU do that if none of the good teams want to schedule them? TCU has proven to those schools that they are good enough to beat them, so they will not schedule TCU anymore. There aren't a whole lot of options left, so they do what they can to fill a schedule.

Don't tell me they can't find someone better than Tennessee Tech. I know in a year or two they have a series with LSU and that is great. Oregon State was a good idea and a pretty good team. SMU, Baylor and Tennessee Tech are horrible to put on a schedule when you are in a bad conference and your coach speaks about playing for national championships. They need to play a couple of high level BCS teams and a couple of mid-level BCS teams every year if they want to be mentioned in the national championship picture. I am all for them making a BCS game, I am just not for them in a national championship game when they play two teams a season that have a chance to beat them, two teams that are in the top 50, and 8 teams that are among the worst in college football. Boise State is another story, they have worked hard to play a tougher OOC schedule and they could possibly play for the national championship.

Once again TCU and Boise are in weak conferences, they need to schedule tough OOC games to be in the national championship picture.

Doesn't Virginia Tech and Oregon State qualify? And right now Boise has #24 Nevada coming up on the schedule. THREE top 25 teams on the schedule compared to Oregon's TWO.

Once again TCU and Boise are in weak conferences, they need to schedule tough OOC games to be in the national championship picture. Team in the SEC don't, they are playing 6-8 teams in conference that are better than any teams TCU or Boise play on their entire schedule. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. TCU or Boise would not win the SEC, not even close, so why put them into a national championship game ahead of these teams? I give it to Boise for at lease attempting to schedule tough OOC games, but TCU plays a weak schedule OOC and in conference.

Last year Boise detroyed Oregon. Hell, they beat them two years in a row. TCU beat Baylor this year. As CMJ mentioned, Baylor is currently ranked and leading the Big 12 South. But don't let facts get your way.

Last year Boise detroyed Oregon. Hell, they beat them two years in a row. TCU beat Baylor this year. As CMJ mentioned, Baylor is currently ranked and leading the Big 12 South. But don't let facts get your way.

LOL @ Baylor. They are going to lose the last four games of the season and finish 6-6, meaning that they would have lost to every single team in the Big 12 South, and won 3 games against the bottom feeders of the Big 12 North.

Glick1980,

Why don't you do some simple research before you blow hot air on this subject? I only causally follow the BCS popularity polls and know most of what you are saying it completely incorrect.

GMG

I am sorry that you consider simple facts such as Auburns schedule blows TCU's out of the water as "hot air".

I also have stated that Boise should get a chance to play for the championship if the chips fall that way because they have done a good job scheduling OOC games. TCU should not, they play nobody, at all. Oregon State @ 3-3 is by far the best team they have played. They will play a good Utah team later in the season, and that is all they have to hang their hats on.

Doesn't Virginia Tech and Oregon State qualify? And right now Boise has #24 Nevada coming up on the schedule. THREE top 25 teams on the schedule compared to Oregon's TWO.

Don't tell me they can't find someone better than Tennessee Tech. I know in a year or two they have a series with LSU and that is great. Oregon State was a good idea and a pretty good team. SMU, Baylor and Tennessee Tech are horrible to put on a schedule when you are in a bad conference and your coach speaks about playing for national championships. They need to play a couple of high level BCS teams and a couple of mid-level BCS teams every year if they want to be mentioned in the national championship picture. I am all for them making a BCS game, I am just not for them in a national championship game when they play two teams a season that have a chance to beat them, two teams that are in the top 50, and 8 teams that are among the worst in college football. Boise State is another story, they have worked hard to play a tougher OOC schedule and they could possibly play for the national championship.

Reading is good?

Edited by glick1980