Mike Leach For Unt Head Coach

thew92

Which is why RV's job security should be discussed too.

I completely agree with you. RV should look at every single coaching candidate with 1 thing in mind: Winning and I mean winning immediately. I am tired of having a squeaky clean athletic dept with great individuals for coaches and lose week after week. It hasn't been fun at work during football season for quite some time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wouldn't hurt to ask. Who knows, maybe he's in a slummin mood right now, and would like to show the world that he's capable of pulling off one of the biggest turnarounds in coaching history. Hell, if he will sign on, I'll even let him put me in an airconditioned trailer for an hour or two if that's what turns him on, and I promise not to cry or even tell my daddy. He had a Crabtree, a Welker, and some pretty decent QBs, but he sure did a lot with a bunch of recruiting classes that weren't exactly spectacular by Big 12 standards. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• Downvote 1

I don't think anyone disagrees that Leach would be an AMAZING hire....I think almost all the fans would love that.....

Apparently...it's just something our AD isn't going to do.

Texas is a "Right to work State" I don't see this as a problem.

Charlie: All right, you're getting hung up on "can't", and I'm not saying that you can't. I'm saying that it is illegal.

Dennis: No, but it's not illegal.

Charlie: Says the guy who knows nothing about the law!

Dennis: I can absolutely keep a hummingbird as a pet, bro. It's no different than having a parrot or a parakeet. It's a bird, bro.

Charlie: You really can't, and I'm not saying I agree with it. It's just that bird law in this country—it's not governed by reason.

Dennis: There's no such thing as "bird law".

Charlie: Yes, there is.

Dennis: You know what? I'm going to get a hummingbird and I'll show you.

Charlie: Hummingbirds...hummingbirds are illegal tender!

Dennis: I'm going to get one.

Charlie: You cannot.

Dennis: To spite you, I'm going to get one.

Mac: Where are we with gulls?

Charlie: You can keep a gull as a pet, but you don't want to live with a seabird, okay, 'cause the noise level alone on those things...have you ever heard a gull up close? It's going to blast your eardrums out, dude

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Charlie: All right, you're getting hung up on "can't", and I'm not saying that you can't. I'm saying that it is illegal.

Dennis: No, but it's not illegal.

Charlie: Says the guy who knows nothing about the law!

Dennis: I can absolutely keep a hummingbird as a pet, bro. It's no different than having a parrot or a parakeet. It's a bird, bro.

Charlie: You really can't, and I'm not saying I agree with it. It's just that bird law in this country—it's not governed by reason.

Dennis: There's no such thing as "bird law".

Charlie: Yes, there is.

Dennis: You know what? I'm going to get a hummingbird and I'll show you.

Charlie: Hummingbirds...hummingbirds are illegal tender!

Dennis: I'm going to get one.

Charlie: You cannot.

Dennis: To spite you, I'm going to get one.

Mac: Where are we with gulls?

Charlie: You can keep a gull as a pet, but you don't want to live with a seabird, okay, 'cause the noise level alone on those things...have you ever heard a gull up close? It's going to blast your eardrums out, dude

Best show evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

I don't think anyone disagrees that Leach would be an AMAZING hire....I think almost all the fans would love that.....

Apparently...it's just something our AD isn't going to do.

Ok, since you seem to have some idea of what's going on behind the scenes, is he as strictly opposed to some of the other big names that have surfaced as possibilities? I just don't see how the list would already be narrowed to two without at least gauging some interest from potential candidates.