Where Is The Tight End?

meangreenbob

I have checkmated Kings with the help of one pawn. Why are we not using all the pieces? Can our Tight Ends not catch?

Riley is a great athlete. Very good field general, blazing speed and scrambling ability. Throws on the run with the best of them. But every defense knows he lacks the height and arm strenght to throw deep. Thats not his fault. So why do our coaches continue to give the advantage to the opposing defenses?

Anyone heard of Jay Novacek? Whitten?

I have checkmated Kings with the help of one pawn. Why are we not using all the pieces? Can our Tight Ends not catch?

Riley is a great athlete. Very good field general, blazing speed and scrambling ability. Throws on the run with the best of them. But every defense knows he lacks the height and arm strenght to throw deep. Thats not his fault. So why do our coaches continue to give the advantage to the opposing defenses?

Anyone heard of Jay Novacek? Whitten?

That's the first I'd seen Olawale (sp?) play this year. Maybe he's been in, and I hadn't noticed. But he (#83) made two nice catches on that final drive (one he was out of bounds, but still he made a great catch).

Anyway, he's a Novacek type of smallish TE.....who could be a great weapon. Hopefully we will throw to him and the other TEs more.

That's the first I'd seen Olawale (sp?) play this year. Maybe he's been in, and I hadn't noticed. But he (#83) made two nice catches on that final drive (one he was out of bounds, but still he made a great catch).

Anyway, he's a Novacek type of smallish TE.....who could be a great weapon. Hopefully we will throw to him and the other TEs more.

He wasn't on the official game program, but I think you mean this guy........ http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204977430&Q_SEASON=2010

I was very impressed with his catching, and on one play, his running ability. He was VERY quick. He moved more like a WR than a TE.

He wasn't on the official game program, but I think you mean this guy........ http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=9053&SPID=562&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=204977430&Q_SEASON=2010

I was very impressed with his catching, and on one play, his running ability. He was VERY quick. He moved more like a WR than a TE.

Bill...I couldn't find him in the program either. But I now know why. He switched numbers when Prior moved over to TE/U Back. Jamize was #89 at the start of the year...now he's #83. Danny Prior is now #89.

I agree with what you said about Jamize....very intriguing player. Hope to see more from him.

Edited by SUMG

I see some playing, just not at tight end, or at least where most tight ends lineup. Olewale is the only one that has caught a pass (he's actually caught two) but I know that Kilmartin was thrown to at least once.

Tight end lining up at tight end is about as rare as a quarterback lining up under center.