Fortenberry In The Wildcat

H-towngreen

We all saw the problems that Fortenberry was having last night especially the false starts in the Wildcat formation. But you also noticed that after each false start penalty Dunbar went bonkers yelling at the refs. I was wondering when watching if ULL wasnt barking the count as well. Phillips mentioned on his site that UNT is claiming that was the case. If true this lead to how many fasle starts? 3 at least on the final drive?

We all saw the problems that Fortenberry was having last night especially the false starts in the Wildcat formation. But you also noticed that after each false start penalty Dunbar went bonkers yelling at the refs. I was wondering when watching if ULL wasnt barking the count as well. Phillips mentioned on his site that UNT is claiming that was the case. If true this lead to how many fasle starts? 3 at least on the final drive?

What does it matter? UNT scored a touchdown on that final drive.

I heard Dodge's comment, but I hadn't noticed Dunbar's reaction during the game.

Dunbar was so angry he did jumping jacks at one point. You could tell other players were angry, but the ref crew last had a short trigger, I think most of the players didn't react because they were afraid of getting flagged.

But yes, something fishy was going on.

The Cajuns D-line was barking "HUT" and Fortenberry was flinching with it. The O-line coach told the refs, the players told the ref and Dodge told the refs.

The Cajuns D-line was barking "HUT" and Fortenberry was flinching with it. The O-line coach told the refs, the players told the ref and Dodge told the refs.

If this behavior is against the rules, and the refs dont' know the rules then why don't we have a rule book on the sidelines. Better yet, why didn't someone google it then show the rules to the refs.

If this is truly against the rules then this is yet another example of bad coaching. They should have the rules available and within reach on the sidelines.

• Downvote 1

If this behavior is against the rules, and the refs dont' know the rules then why don't we have a rule book on the sidelines. Better yet, why didn't someone google it then show the rules to the refs.

If this is truly against the rules then this is yet another example of bad coaching. They should have the rules available and within reach on the sidelines.

WTH?

My brain hurts.

Now bad officiating is also the coaching staff's fault? Haven't we gone over the fact that Lance(especially), Riley, and other players were going ballistic on the refs over this (I didn't even think to look over at the sideline coaches during those penalties, so I don't know what they were doing)? Surely they were taught the rules by SOMEONE, or they wouldn't react like they did.

It doesn't matter if Tom Landry is on the sideline, if the referees are not demonstrating competence and ignoring player/coach pleas then those penalties will rack up, just as they did last night.

Good coaching would be for the staff to alert the conference officials that this was occurring and these officials be reprimanded by the SBC in some way.

So the sh!tty officiating is Dodge and the coaching staff's fault?!?! I think it is time to lay off the crack-pipe!!! There is a looooooong list of problems and issues with this program you can lay at the feet of the coaching staff, but pinning bad calls on them because they don't have the facilities on the sideline to "GOOGLE" the rules so they can prove their point by making the ref read an article about NCAA football rules on Wikipedia is truely insane.

• Upvote 1