Gift For Nathan?

All About UNT

I think we can all rally behind Nathan and show the true appreciation we have for all that he has endured and faces with his injury. His willingness to fight as hard as he could to prove the experience factor alone was not the reason as to why the reigns were handed over to him shows the true dedication he has to the Mean Green. With that said...if anyone knows how we can pool together something and have it delivered to him (either hospital or home)...I would like to be one to contribute. So the guy plays football and I am not sure that flowers are the appropriate gift ;) but I would like to see him get something on behalf of this board just to let him know that we appreciate all that he has given. Ideas...suggestions.... anything pertinent to what I just said is going above and beyond.

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I think we can all rally behind Nathan and show the true appreciation we have for all that he has endured and faces with his injury. His willingness to fight as hard as he could to prove the experience factor alone was not the reason as to why the reigns were handed over to him shows the true dedication he has to the Mean Green. With that said...if anyone knows how we can pool together something and have it delivered to him (either hospital or home)...I would like to be one to contribute. So the guy plays football and I am not sure that flowers are the appropriate gift ;) but I would like to see him get something on behalf of this board just to let him know that we appreciate all that he has given. Ideas...suggestions.... anything pertinent to what I just said is going above and beyond.

He's still a scholarship athlete.

As noble as the gesture is, don't anyone give him anything of any monetary value.

Seriously.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Greek...forgot about that. So would that include baskets or what not?

Yes. Anything of monetary value.

If you want to make a gesture in his honor, donate a token sum to the Athletics department and ask them to pass along that you gave the money in his honor. Ask them to put it towards rehab facility maintenance or strength and conditioning supplies.

What about all the others already lost for the season?

Agreed. Nathan got injured in s aport with a lot of injuries. He's not dead...not crippled for life. I guess I missed the "What are we gonna do for JJ Johnson and Benny Jones" threads. Way to overreact.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Got to disagree here. Like it or not, the quarterback is the premier position on any team. Nathan worked his butt off to get the starting job and has gone through more hardship and turmoil than the other two combined. JJ should get another year of eligibility plus he has another year anyway. Benny could have been a great contributor but he hadn't started yet.

Nathan won't get another chance. He gave it his all and figuratively went out on his shield. IMO he deserves special recognition for his service.

Edited by GrayEagle

Not to mention Tune was a walk-on and persevered to become the starting QB for his senior and final season. It seems a banner is the least a fan can do.

That said, perhaps a card for each of the others might be appropriate.

Thoughts...

careful Primo..."picking favorites" can quickly get you scorned by those that don't agree. Even that SMU supporter Todge Rodge doesn't get as many as I do for merely trying to show a player we give a crap.

Go ahead SUMG...tell me the relevance of that question?

My point is that those of us who are in the MGC...our donations go to pay for player scholarships. So be careful with your "I care more about the players than others do" attitude.

If you want to make a banner...do a card...go right ahead. I just think it's a bad precedent to set...for ordinary injuries. That's all. And I wish Nathan and all our other players speedy recoveries. God Bless 'em.

• Downvote 1

My point is that those of us who are in the MGC...our donations go to pay for player scholarships. So be careful with your "I care more about the players than others do" attitude.

If you want to make a banner...do a card...go right ahead. I just think it's a bad precedent to set...for ordinary injuries. That's all. And I wish Nathan and all our other players speedy recoveries. God Bless 'em.

Not what I intended at all...I just see Nathan (as others have stated on this thread) as a standout in the amount of sacrifice he has given to the team vs. what he is getting out of the entire situation. My sympathies go out to every injured player that we have...and in no way am I frustrated by the misconception that I care more than others on here. What does frustrate me is the jokes..the thumbs down and the downright negative feedback that some have posted on here. Your comment above was all that needed to be said to say your peace. When I am approaching retirement age (like some on this board) I will have hopefully given back to my school an amount of money, time and energy that is worthy of being associated with a Mean Green Fan...until then my recent graduation post college budget allows me to give $500 annually to the school for various causes. It is not a holier than thou sentiment I carry..but more of a failure to grasp some of the feedback (or at least how it is presented) on this thread that is bothersome to me.

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Go ahead SUMG...tell me the relevance of that question?

I think it is pretty obvious Tune is an admin's favorite. There is a picture at the top of the forum eulogizing him. It looks like the man died instead of having a recoverable football injury.

I think it is pretty obvious Tune is an admin's favorite. There is a picture at the top of the forum eulogizing him. It looks like the man died instead of having a recoverable football injury.

Well, to be blunt... Of all the heroes we lost on 9/11, Tune was the one Mean Green fans recognized and were ready to rally around.

I think you're proving to us all how much you hate our Mean Green nation right now. If you don't get on the team, I'm going to have you shipped off to the visiting locker room at Fouts and throw a media guide in the toilet to break you down.

• Upvote 1

I certainly feel sorry for him, but the website does look like he died. A card reading "Hope you get well soon" is probably fine. DO NOT PUT A CHECK IN IT, that's what the SMU folks do.

Perhaps more appropriately, check out the thread about his lost dog Ray. During the game, his dog got and is now lost. He can't look for it from his hospital bed. THere is a thread with all of the details. Forward the information to as many folks in Denton as you can.