Why Unt Vs Rice Will Not Be A Cake Walk!

PlummMeanGreen

It will definitely not be a cake walk. We showed some good things against a very good team in Clemson; but Rice performed better, at least on the scoreboard, against a better team in Texas. And whatever Kool-Aid I want to drink is offset by the memory of 20-77 against Rice in '08. I am optimistic this time around, but very cautiously so.

Good point Plumm. One thing that makes me nervous......

I hope our team isn't reading their press and getting the feeling that they've "arrived".

I hope the coaching staff is doing a good job of keeping them focused this week.

We can beat Rice. But we can't have a bunch of mental mistakes.

Good gosh this is going to be a looooong week. I can't wait until Saturday!

but Rice performed better, at least on the scoreboard, against a better team in Texas.

Rice's performance was very similar to UNT's, however, if you look at the score they scored a trash TD in the last few seconds of the game which scoreboard to scoreboard makes them look better, but the one thing to note is that they were playing a top 10 team and we were not. Also, I dont know why anyone would even think that Rice would ever be a cake walk. Sure they had a bad record last year but so did we.

Rice's performance was very similar to UNT's, however, if you look at the score they scored a trash TD in the last few seconds of the game which scoreboard to scoreboard makes them look better, but the one thing to note is that they were playing a top 10 team and we were not. Also, I dont know why anyone would even think that Rice would ever be a cake walk. Sure they had a bad record last year but so did we.

Rice had less than 200 yards total offense.