Very Impressed With Muts

emmitt01

you beat me to it Emmitt! Here are a couple of my observations:

1.) Kilgore has proven to be an energetic leader....and he can throw the ball

2.) MUTS defense struggled against the run in the first quarter...to the point where it wasn't contained. I only remember a couple of bombs being thrown by Minn but for the most part it was the run putting points on the board and moving the chains. Let us remember that Lance only had 5 carries on MUTS last year and raked in over 100 yds. Something to consider is getting Byrd and Hamilton ready for at least a dual RB running game against them

3.) Kilgore throws a missile....and it has been tipped once and almost picked another time.

4.) *Most important.........this team is not playing as if the Dasher scenario has affected them one bit.

Lets see what happens next after the half.

yes, they are tied at the half, but minny has missed two field goals that would have changed field position. the misses weren't due to great rushes by the defense, just a shoddy kicker. the muts are tied, but i'm not gonna say that i'm impressed with them. they should be losing, they aren't, but it isn't because of their defensive special teams. it's because minny's kicker can't kick.

would you still be impressed if the muts were down six at the half??? i wouldn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't care if a kicker was missing...that's part of the game. What I'm impressed by is how they looked dead in the water early, and now are tied.

yes it is part of the game, but when it has nothing to do with your defense of the kick, you have to factor that in and they wouldn't be tied if the kicker hadn't missed multiple times.

Edited by radiogreen

So do we root for Mid Tenn so it can give the Sun Belt some cred?

Yes.

ALWAYS root for the SBC in OOC games. It improves our conference ranking for BCS money distribution, it improves the national perception of the league, it helps everyone when we get to the point in the season when we start beating up on each other in conference play.

• Upvote 4

yes, they are tied at the half, but minny has missed two field goals that would have changed field position. the misses weren't due to great rushes by the defense, just a shoddy kicker. the muts are tied, but i'm not gonna say that i'm impressed with them. they should be losing, they aren't, but it isn't because of their defensive special teams. it's because minny's kicker can't kick.

would you still be impressed if the muts were down six at the half??? i wouldn't.

Radio, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Could of would of should of..

Um yes I still would be impressed. Them playing without Dasher is like us playing without Dunbar. This isn't another SunBelt team they are playing , this is a BIG X team that has been to 2 bowl games in the last 2 years

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

You can make an excuse for nearly every play if you want. Kickers miss all the time.

very true...but i'm still not impressed. i thought that the muts would roll the gophers. minny was 5-7 last year, south dakota state win doesn't count, lost the bowl game. they are a bottom big ten team. i expected more out of the muts. they should win this game.

very true...but i'm still not impressed. i thought that the muts would roll the gophers. minny was 5-7 last year, south dakota state win doesn't count, lost the bowl game. they are a bottom big ten team. i expected more out of the muts. they should win this game.

Dude , it's the 1st game of the season !

Edited by NT03

That's not what the NCAA thinks.

i understand that, but if we were to beat south dakota state, it wouldn't mean jack except for another victory. it doesn't speak say anthing about a talented football team.

i'm not saying the muts aren't playing well, it's that i'm not impressed with them. i thought they would win easily. i'm not excited to play them this year, but my thoughts haven't changed about that based upon this game.

Edited by radiogreen

MTSU is also playing their backup QB got gobsmacked early, and are now ahead. Sorry you aren't impressed.

Exactly. If an OOC game started out like that for us, we'd start handing off to Keronna Henderson and 'just try to keep things from getting crazy out of hand'.

• Upvote 1