Club Level Stadium Updates

Harry

Let's not kid ourselves by suggesting that wearing our NT sweatshirt to the grocery store or throwing a tortilla OUTSIDE of the game will help 2-10 become a thing of the past.

UT or OU would love for you to wear their sweatshirt to the grocery store. They already have millions of dollars.

1. No one suggested that wearing a sweatshirt and tailgating every home game was going to change our program. I was simply pointing out that not all of us can put 'program changing' money into this thing. But that doesn't make us the problem. The cheapest season ticket holders and even the single game ticket purchasers shouldn't be ridiculed because they don't give enough. Go talk to the thousands who don't even know we have a football team worth watching.

2. So the same guys that complain about UT sweatshirts on the NT campus are now telling people that simply wearing green instead or orange doesn't do any good? If all the orange/crimson/marroon sweatshirts on campus were colored green I think everyone on this board would gush over the student support.

Regarding the suites, does anyone know how these sales are going?

I recall a comment from RV that suite sales were going fine and that most have been sold. That was some weeks ago, so I really do not recall his exact words, but he did seem pleased with the sales to date. As I recall there was still some availability at that time.

The challenge RV is having is getting folks to buy season tickets THIS YEAR. Some seem to be waiting on the new stadium. That's great for next year, but doesn't do much for numbers this year. If people want UNT to be considered a candidate for a "step up" in conferences one of these days, it has as much...or more...to do with season ticket holders and filling the stadium as it does the won-loss record.

First off...again...for some reason people on here seem to think that by not spending the most money and getting the most expensive packages they are not "supporting" the university as much as others. This is not the case at all. I would say keep your $10K seats and just bring 10 extra people with you to the game.

And most likely the reason the students/alumni discounted our winning seasons is because they saw the reality of the conference we were in. This reality that many on here overlook.

Then why do you come to the games at all? Seriously! Why don't you head over to Amon Carter or to Ford Stadium on Saturdays' this fall? Because we are simply not good enough for you here. And fwiw, we won't be playing in a BCS conference anytime soon.

As for giving, surely you can afford to give $250 to the MGC. Why don't you start with the money from your faculty discount you get with your tix? You know you can pay your Mean Green Club donation out? You can also get more than one ticket with your donation? That doesn't happen at places like UT or these "better conference" schools that you aspire to. In the north end zone, at the top, it is $750 per seat donation to the Longhorn Foundation (which cannot be paid out), then you add your ticket price to that. The point is we cannot get to a better conference without donations. The problem I have with you is that you want to go to a better conference, but you also want to ride somebody's coat tails to get there. It takes the big and little donors for this thing to work. We cannot continue to rely on the student's fee to carry the program, and sorry, it alone is not going to lead us out of the place we are in on the college athletics landscape.

So, your monthly payment would be $20.83 for your MGC donation. If you cannot budget that every month, then I would suggest going to Dave Ramsey's website and attending a Financial Peace University event on Saturdays' this fall instead of wasting what seems like your precious time at our games. Here is the link: http://www.daveramsey.com/

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is absolutely no NCAA rule prohibiting schools from selling alcohol at athletic events. If UNT wanted to sell beer in the stands, they could.

The NCAA only has a rule for NCAA championship events.

Flyer, can you reference this because while Baylor might not sell beer "in the stands", I bet it would not stop them in the SEC schools if there were not some kind of rule. Not saying you are right or wrong, I am asking because I don't know for sure.

• Upvote 1

No crane needed. I have been freed. Your Death Therapy cured me, you genius!

Way to go Eppy! You tell him! SUMG has been a die hard fan, like am sure you are, for many years. He also puts his money where his mouth is! So, when we reach whatever success we are seeking, you can thank people like him who have stuck this out thick and thin. And then you can let everybody know that you did not contribute one damned dime because you were using your money to buy tortillas and then throwing them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe while we're doing construction....we can borrow a crane to remove those giant chips on your shoulders.

Just because some of us are encouraging fans to give....does not mean we're ridiculing those who don't. We all know that in any life, most of us go through various economic class levels. Speaking as someone who is buying club seats.....I couldn't have bought those most years of my adult life. Now I can. For now, anyway. Who knows in five years....I may be sitting in the V section.

You as a fan, should be thrilled that folks are buying club seats. Hey I'm thrilled that the really big money people are buying suites. Hallelujah! The program does need money you know.

So whatever you or anyone else does....if that's all you can...that's all we expect.

Exactly no one's ridiculing the people who give a little bit, but it's a much as they can. Just don't kid yourself thinking that buying a shirt and tailgating is going to move this thing along. Its going to take doing the above and a whole bunch more

Just don't ridicule the people who are stepping up like SUMG etc.

I'm sorry if anything I've written was interpreted as me being upset with those who can and do contribute money. Of course I appreciate them. You guys give up certain things so you can give to your school. That takes some heart (and some understanding wives).

I was simply trying to prove a point and clearly didn't do a good job. But thanks to Green Dozer's response for providing the perfect example.

• Upvote 1

Way to go Eppy! You tell him! SUMG has been a die hard fan, like am sure you are, for many years. He also puts his money where his mouth is! So, when we reach whatever success we are seeking, you can thank people like him who have stuck this out thick and thin. And then you can let everybody know that you did not contribute one damned dime because you were using your money to buy tortillas and then throwing them.

I get it now. The GMG philosophy:

I contribute more, therefore I am greater.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The cast is largely republican, what do you expect? BTW, I just purchased my first set of 4 season tickets. It will be sad to see the old girl go. GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by EagleGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

i was going to respond back and just say how ridiculous that statement is, then I thought about it

Someone who gives more is greater and there is nothing wrong with that. However they aren't greater than the people who give a little (donations, Season Tickets ,etc) though.

They are greater than the spares who complain and half @ss everything then expect results.

Edited by Green Nightmare

Absolutely stupid post. Obviously did not read or cannot comprehend what the vast majority of people urging fans to give WHAT THEY CAN (and only what they can) are trying to say. Maybe the arrow hit a bit close to home for you...I have no clue, but I would ask that you actually read posts in the future and do not attribute to the "masses" what you read from one posting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The cast is largely republican, what do you expect?

An even more ridiculous post than the one from Daddy Dumpsalot.

However, many many thanks for stepping up and buying your first set of season tickets. Welcome to the "largely republican" crowd as you call it. Your support is very much needed and appreciated. BTW, season ticket purchases are not democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, progressive or libertarian.....they are in fact, supporters of the Mean Green Nation. Welcome to that crowd!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

An even more ridiculous post than the one from Daddy Dumpsalot.

However, many many thanks for stepping up and buying your first set of season tickets. Welcome to the "largely republican" crowd as you call it. Your support is very much needed and appreciated. BTW, season ticket purchases are not democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, progressive or libertarian.....they are in fact, supporters of the Mean Green Nation. Welcome to that crowd!

:) I was just pickin'. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. As in all communities, we are all different politically, vocationally, and economically. However, we are all Mean Green supporters even if our support is not financial.

Regarding my ticket purchase: Thanks, I'm excited! I've bought single game tickets for quite some time, but now that my kids will not need a diaper change during the big play, I thought we could all enjoy some MEAN GREEN Saturdays. It's gonna be fun.

Really a dumb post.

To me a true fan

Buys the tickets they can afford and contributes what they can

Doesn't put conditions on their support (I won't do this until you do that, etc)

Has pride in their school

Backs their team during good times and bad

May complain but doesn't just look for things to bitch and moan about

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 5

I don't understand how anyone can defend DD or how he can defend himself and claim to be a supporter of the program. It's got nothing to do with how much you give. Some are defending DD for his inabilty to shell out all this money for premium seats but DD didn't say he couldn't afford the club seats. As a matter of fact, he will pay for club seats......"when UNT gets in a better conference."

He makes a choice to NOT support the program because he doesn't like who UNT plays in conference. That is crazy to hear someone claim to support the program but only if they play better opponents.

And then Eppy4life gets on here and says he's not the reason the program is where it is? I'll guarantee you DD is not the only person that feels that way. His attitude is the EXACT definition of not supporting the program. He has the money to give, he's just going to hold it until some other team besides UNT makes it worth his while.

Get behind UNT. Regardless of who they're playing.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I don't understand how anyone can defend DD or how he can defend himself and claim to be a supporter of the program. It's got nothing to do with how much you give. Some are defending DD for his inabilty to shell out all this money for premium seats but DD didn't say he couldn't afford the club seats. As a matter of fact, he will pay for club seats......"when UNT gets in a better conference."

He makes a choice to NOT support the program because he doesn't like who UNT plays in conference. That is crazy to hear someone claim to support the program but only if they play better opponents.

And then Eppy4life gets on here and says he's not the reason the program is where it is? I'll guarantee you DD is not the only person that feels that way. His attitude is the EXACT definition of not supporting the program. He has the money to give, he's just going to hold it until some other team besides UNT makes it worth his while.

Get behind UNT. Regardless of who they're playing.

Trust me, I'm not defending Dumpsalot. I was less behind Dumpsalot's attitude and more just furiated with the way others seem to lord their contributions over him. I don't know what he can or can't afford. But if he comes to the games, whether it be season tickets, single game tickets, or even listening to the radio broadcasts, he's a supporter of the program in my book.

Now, I will also add the phrase 'put your money where your mouth is.' Not used to lessen the percieved level of someone's support but to correctly justify their complaints.

Edited by eppy4life

KRAM - this comment is for you. So Colony says that because I am not willing (whether I am able to or not is irrelevant) to shell out thousands of dollars for premium seats "I am making the choice to NOT support the program". So maybe you can read this. Even though I buy season tickets, tailgate, bring friends to the games, post on this stupid board....I am not supporting the program....ABSOLUTE B.S.

I'm not defending eppy but I think you're the reason that the program is where it is. You keep looking into the rear view mirror about where UNT used to be and are content with where we are. Look, it's my money. If I choose to spend only $100 on tickets/events when I can spend more SO WHAT. Yes, I would gladly spend more on tickets if we were playing better opponents...why do you think they charge more when we play named opponents????? BECAUSE everyone will pay more.

Or how about this quote from Dozer:

"And then you can let everybody know that you did not contribute one damned dime because you were using your money to buy tortillas and then throwing them."

The immediate assumption is that this person isn't giving or supporting.

"I don't understand how anyone can defend DD or how he can defend himself and claim to be a supporter of the program. It's got nothing to do with how much you give. Some are defending DD for his inabilty to shell out all this money for premium seats but DD didn't say he couldn't afford the club seats. As a matter of fact, he will pay for club seats......"when UNT gets in a better conference."

Get behind UNT. Regardless of who they're playing."

Where in this post is "thousands of dollars" mentioned? You are imagining things that are NOT being written nor are anyway implied. Again, the people on here are encouraging people to give have never said you are not important DD. The point is that you cannot grow this program without donations, no matter how small or how large those donations might be. And we don't have an abundance of these "thousands of dollars" donors here. I do not treat a donor at my tailgate who might be at the $5,000 level any different than the one who is at the $250 or attending his/her first game. All are welcome.

How do you propose we get to another level or conference without donations? When we replace this coaching staff next year or in 5 years, it won't be at the bargain salaries it was the last time. Oh I guess it could if we want to stay where we are. Sorry, but it takes MONEY. I know SUMG, and I can guarantee he is not puffing his chest out. He is a man who has long been a fan of this program, a man of humility, and him mentioning his purchase of club seats is in NO WAY a put down to anybody, especially you, on this board.

Edited by Green Dozer