Stadium Costs

So on a whim yesterday I gave a measly $100 to the Football Stadium Construction. I was curious how much we have in donations already (anyone) and what we can do in order to really push out to those how have never given before. If the metro has 100k Alum...is it too much to think that an extra push could raise $1 Million (drop in the bucket) for the stadium? Also...if UNT were to really roll out the carpet and throw a Charity Ball....would it be popular with most to have it in Dallas (more venues) or would that draw complaints from the "keep UNT in Denton" crowd. Just looking for thoughts.

The university/athletic department hasn't launched any formal fund raising events yet. I know of one in the works that we should hear about in September that is similar to the pavers/bricks you can get for the Alumni Association pavilion that will be located next to the new stadium. Since minor details relating to the construction of the stadium are still being worked out, fund raisers like buying bricks/pavers for the stadium have been in a holding pattern under those details have been completely ironed out.

I'm sure there will be a big push this fall to get the alumni/fan base heavily involved in getting donations into the stadium fund coffers.

The university/athletic department hasn't launched any formal fund raising events yet. I know of one in the works that we should hear about in September that is similar to the pavers/bricks you can get for the Alumni Association pavilion that will be located next to the new stadium. Since minor details relating to the construction of the stadium are still being worked out, fund raisers like buying bricks/pavers for the stadium have been in a holding pattern under those details have been completely ironed out.

I'm sure there will be a big push this fall to get the alumni/fan base heavily involved in getting donations into the stadium fund coffers.

Wonder what it would cost for a brick? A grand? That would be my guess.

Wonder what it would cost for a brick? A grand? That would be my guess.

I didn't get a cost but I'd expect $100 or $200 a paver/brick. That are the prices that AA is charging for 4x8 and 8x8 pavers.

So on a whim yesterday I gave a measly $100 to the Football Stadium Construction. I was curious how much we have in donations already (anyone) and what we can do in order to really push out to those how have never given before. If the metro has 100k Alum...is it too much to think that an extra push could raise $1 Million (drop in the bucket) for the stadium? Also...if UNT were to really roll out the carpet and throw a Charity Ball....would it be popular with most to have it in Dallas (more venues) or would that draw complaints from the "keep UNT in Denton" crowd. Just looking for thoughts.

I have been told that 14 suites have been sold, which translates to at least $1.4 million in hand. Club seat sales are going reasonably well, and seats between the 35 yard lines require a $5000 a year contribution (for 2 seats) to the fund per year for 5 years. My conservative educated guess would be that so far we should have at least $250,000 in hand for Club Seats. Yes, we have a long way to go but that is not a bad start for a stadium that is 11 months from completion.

• Upvote 1

I have been told that 14 suites have been sold, which translates to at least $1.4 million in hand. Club seat sales are going reasonably well, and seats between the 35 yard lines require a $5000 a year contribution (for 2 seats) to the fund per year for 5 years. My conservative educated guess would be that so far we should have at least $250,000 in hand for Club Seats. Yes, we have a long way to go but that is not a bad start for a stadium that is 11 months from completion.

I thought we would have sold more club seats by now.

I'm donating the proceeds of every fifth sale I close this year. But, since each company I'm contracted with pays commissions differently, I'm putting all of the money into a separate account and making one big donation in January 2011.

Other than that, it seems we have to do what everyone else does - get on the phone and dial for dollars. Since donating to Tulsa in December, they've called me at least quarterly, and mailed and e-mailed me monthly. They want that 2010-2011 pledge!

All of their stuff is slick, colorful, and pretty detailed. It's hard to say no. But, with the hiring of Chico Canales I'm 164% behind this thing now!

I suggest the following (some even seriously):

-Cold calling (hey, it sucks to have people tell you to f-off...but, that's sales. If 2% of the people give, it makes up for the 98% f-offs! Some $$ is more than No $$.)

-Information packets handed out at every f-ing UNT event held anywhere within a six continent radius of Denton! Jazz shows. Packets at the door. Dance thingys. Packets at the door. Volleyball games. Packets at the door. Sack races. Packets at the door.

-Send donation cards to the parents/home address of every student. Hit the students up in their welcome packs.

-Rent a gorilla outfit and have someone dress up in it with a sign that says "Donate For The New Stadium" and have him/her jumping around like a gorilla at the entrance to the parking lot. This would be good practice for theatre students and a good way to get them involved in the school spirit side of things.

-Hold a bake sale whereby people collecting money for UNT bake things and sell them to people who like to eat baked goods.

-Auction off/sell every bit of the Fouts Field during the season! Put a suggested price list in the program and online. Make sure someone with decent accounting/receivables skills can keep an accurate list of who paid you for what. Put everything up! Lockers. Stadium bleachers. Old equipment. Dead crickets. Everything!

-Open a clandestine strip club next to the beer barn and charge cover at the door, then use the cover money for proceeds to build the stadium.

-Break into a neighbor's house while they are away and steal some of their firearms and panty hose. Put the panty hose on your head and hold up various banks and retail establishments. Use the loot to help pay for the stadium.

-Start an internet gambling site offshore, open a bank account on a small, carribean island, and launder the money through it to help pay for the stadium.

-When you are partying on the weekends, drink one beer out of a can, then go to the bathroom and keep refilling it with water. You'll stay sober and eventually people will begin to get drunk and pass out. When they do, rife through their wallets and take some cash to help pay for the stadium.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 7

-Hold a bake sale whereby people collecting money for UNT bake things and sell them to people who like to eat baked goods.

I like it. It's not a "High School" plan or a "College" plan.

It's a Fundraising plan. And we think it can lead to great things here.

• Upvote 3

I'm donating the proceeds of every fifth sale I close this year. But, since each company I'm contracted with pays commissions differently, I'm putting all of the money into a separate account and making one big donation in January 2011.

Other than that, it seems we have to do what everyone else does - get on the phone and dial for dollars. Since donating to Tulsa in December, they've called me at least quarterly, and mailed and e-mailed me monthly. They want that 2010-2011 pledge!

All of their stuff is slick, colorful, and pretty detailed. It's hard to say no. But, with the hiring of Chico Canales I'm 164% behind this thing now!

I suggest the following (some even seriously):

-Cold calling (hey, it sucks to have people tell you to f-off...but, that's sales. If 2% of the people give, it makes up for the 98% f-offs! Some $$ is more than No $$.)

-Information packets handed out at every f-ing UNT event held anywhere within a six continent radius of Denton! Jazz shows. Packets at the door. Dance thingys. Packets at the door. Volleyball games. Packets at the door. Sack races. Packets at the door.

-Send donation cards to the parents/home address of every student. Hit the students up in their welcome packs.

-Rent a gorilla outfit and have someone dress up in it with a sign that says "Donate For The New Stadium" and have him/her jumping around like a gorilla at the entrance to the parking lot. This would be good practice for theatre students and a good way to get them involved in the school spirit side of things.

-Auction off/sell every bit of the Fouts Field during the season! Put a suggested price list in the program and online. Make sure someone with decent accounting/receivables skills can keep an accurate list of who paid you for what. Put everything up! Lockers. Stadium bleachers. Old equipment. Dead crickets. Everything!

-Open a clandestine strip club next to the beer barn and charge cover at the door, then use the cover money for proceeds to build the stadium.

-Break into a neighbor's house while they are away and steal some of their firearms and panty hose. Put the panty hose on your head and hold up various banks and retail establishments. Use the loot to help pay for the stadium.

-Start an internet gambling site offshore, open a bank account on a small, carribean island, and launder the money through it to help pay for the stadium.

-When you are partying on the weekends, drink one beer out of a can, then go to the bathroom and keep refilling it with water. You'll stay sober and eventually people will begin to get drunk and pass out. When they do, rife through their wallets and take some cash to help pay for the stadium.

You have my vote as Chair of the UNT Fundraising Committee......no seriously!

Let's clear up, a bit, the cost for Club Seats..

1) In the Green Section (between the 35 yard lines) - $12,500 gift (one time) per seat payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

2) In the White Section (Between the 15 and 35 yard lines) - $6250 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat, per season)

3) In the Silver Section (between the goal line and the 15 yard line) - $3,125 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + Min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

You get: priority parking benefits, private elevator access, concierge service, access to club level 2 hours before kick-off, complimentary game-day buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages throughout game, full cash bar, etc.

It's a pretty sweet deal and reasonably priced compared to other stadium deals I am aware of around the country. To "reserve" a spot it only takes a commitment on your part and a $500 deposit.

Your gift towards Club Level Seating is 80% tax deductible.

This info is straight out of the most recent brochure regarding seating at the stadium.

• Upvote 3

Let's clear up, a bit, the cost for Club Seats..

1) In the Green Section (between the 35 yard lines) - $12,500 gift (one time) per seat payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

2) In the White Section (Between the 15 and 35 yard lines) - $6250 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + Cost of tickets ($350 per seat, per season)

3) In the Silver Section (between the goal line and the 15 yard line) - $3,125 gift per seat (one time) payable over 5 years + Min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club + cost of tickets ($350 per seat per season)

You get: priority parking benefits, private elevator access, concierge service, access to club level 2 hours before kick-off, complimentary game-day buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic beverages throughout game, full cash bar, etc.

It's a pretty sweet deal and reasonably priced compared to other stadium deals I am aware of around the country. To "reserve" a spot it only takes a commitment on your part and a $500 deposit.

Your gift towards Club Level Seating is 80% tax deductible.

This info is straight out of the most recent brochure regarding seating at the stadium.

Isn't this a significant decrease in price? I'm not opposed personally, as I may now be able to get into the club level, but it does concern me for the immediate future of the program.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isn't this a significant decrease in price? I'm not opposed personally, as I may now be able to get into the club level, but it does concern me for the immediate future of the program.

It's a significant increase over current Section E prices. The least expensive area would be $1,250 per year plus 2 tickets @ $350.each or $1,950.

Edited by MeanGreen61

It's a significant increase over current Section E prices. The least expensive area would be $1,250 per year plus 2 tickets @ $350.each or $1,950.

Clarification. I meant isn't it a decrease in prices from when the club level seats were first priced. Of course it is more expensive than Fouts. Why? Because it ain't Fouts (Thank God).

Do we want progress or value?

Edited by UNT90

Clarification. I meant isn't it a decrease in prices from when the club level seats were first priced. Of course it is more expensive than Fouts. Why? Because it ain't Fouts (Thank God).

Do we want progress or value?

Why not ? There is a difference in seating locations. A 50 yard liine vs a 10 yard line, etc .

Edited by MeanGreen61

Why not ? There is a difference in seating locations. A 50 yard liine vs a 10 yard line, etc .

Because of the access you will have to the fancy new Mean Green Club, with pre-game meal included (unless that has changed).

Just concerned that you originally set the price at one level, then have to reduce. Woulda been nice for the program to sell them out at the original price. This price change and the arrival of the new guy. Coincidence?

Because of the access you will have to the fancy new Mean Green Club, with pre-game meal included (unless that has changed).

Just concerned that you originally set the price at one level, then have to reduce. Woulda been nice for the program to sell them out at the original price. This price change and the arrival of the new guy. Coincidence?

Half empty ? Half full ? Wrinkled ? Ironed ?

Edited by MeanGreen61

I don't see this as a problem AT ALL! It opens up the seats further from the 50 to folks who will pay nicely for the seats, but less than those getting the 50 yard liners. You would still be paying $350.00 per seat along with a min. $500 donation to the Mean Green Club each year for the seats. That, on top of the "donation" for the right to buy the tickets. It pretty much insures that folks will buy the tickets for years and years to come. One will still pay $25K for the right to then purchase 2 tickets in the "best" seating area near the 50 yard line.

If getting folks to pay $350 for a season ticket to see the Mean Green pay is in any way "going backwards" I fail to see it. This is a great opportunity for fans of the Mean Green. I hope every single Club Level seat is purchased as that will provide a good deal of fund to help support the stadium and the program.

GO MEAN GREEN! Buy season tickets and donate to the stadium fund!