It Came From The Sun Belt - Amazing But True Sbc Facts

"But the only member to play in any bowl game on any level prior to the formation of the Sun Belt in 2001 was North Texas, loser to New Mexico State in the 1959 Sun Bowl"

How about the rest of the facts Sam? Like the WIN in NT's first Bowl game, 14-13 over Pacific>

December 21, 1946 Optimist W Pacific 14 13

January 1, 1948 Salad L Nevada 6 13

December 31, 1959 Sun L New Mexico State 8 28

December 17, 2001 New Orleans L Colorado State 20 45

December 17, 2002 New Orleans W Cincinnati 24 19

December 16, 2003 New Orleans L Memphis 17 27

December 14, 2004 New Orleans L Southern Miss 10 31

Boy that article doesn't do anything but make the conference look terrible. Honestly, I think when the league was formed it was extremely weak, and included several schools who just had 'start-up' football programs. However, I believe this league today is formidable and continously improving. Yeah, since the footprint of the conference is geographically located in SEC country, and most of the schools need to play 'money' games to improve their financial situations within the athletic program; the out of conference results look bad. But when you're playing Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama, Florida, etc, there's just not a whole lot of teams within their own or from other big boy conferences beating those programs either.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have any idea how much we make on a crowd of say 25,000. How many would we need to have to allow us to stay away from the body bag games. Looking at attendance figures some of you have listed, the best way to avoid having to play Texas, Alabama, etc is to be able to schedule schools from the Denton geographical area. I think this is the direction we need to work toward.

Does anyone have any idea how much we make on a crowd of say 25,000. How many would we need to have to allow us to stay away from the body bag games. Looking at attendance figures some of you have listed, the best way to avoid having to play Texas, Alabama, etc is to be able to schedule schools from the Denton geographical area. I think this is the direction we need to work toward.

I don't know the amount made off of a crowd of 25,000, but RV mentioned years ago that we could dump a body bag game if we averaged 25,000 at home. Not sure if that figure has changed in the last few years, but would love to average over 25,000 to find out.

• Upvote 1

I don't know the amount made off of a crowd of 25,000, but RV mentioned years ago that we could dump a body bag game if we averaged 25,000 at home. Not sure if that figure has changed in the last few years, but would love to average over 25,000 to find out.

Yep, he did say 25,000 = a money game.

point of information, please.

Are you saying, that RV said one game with an attendance of 25,000 is equal in revenue to a "money game", or,

that we need to average 25,000 for the season to equal the revenue of one money game ?

One game with 25,000 in attendance is hard. Five (or six) games with an attendance of 25,00 would be very hard.

I envy the day when there are no more money games, and we get home and home or neutral site agreements with the big boys and can play right there with or even beat them.

But, that being said, we aren't close to that yet, thus we need the money games. There's a lot you can do for the program with an extra $1,000,000 cash.