Here Is What I Hate About Soccer

Nigeria vs. Greece

Click on the video. The sad part is the official buys this acting job and red cards Nigeria. The other sad part of all of this is that the article doesn't even touch on the freaking flop job of the Greece player. He should be red carded for poor acting. $20 says they carted him off on a stretcher. Ridiculous.

Nigeria vs. Greece

Click on the video. The sad part is the official buys this acting job and red cards Nigeria. The other sad part of all of this is that the article doesn't even touch on the freaking flop job of the Greece player. He should be red carded for poor acting. $20 says they carted him off on a stretcher. Ridiculous.

That and they whine non-stop, they have to be biggest prima donna cry babies in the pro sports world.

The noise bothered me, the grass is different, the ball is not right, he touched me, waa waa, my god I don't know how people watch such crap.

• Upvote 2

That and they whine non-stop, they have to be biggest prima donna cry babies in the pro sports world.

The noise bothered me, the grass is different, the ball is not right, he touched me, waa waa, my god I don't know how people watch such crap.

I fell asleep 5 minutes into every soccer game I ever watched.

For those with newborns, just put on a soccer game and they will be out for a couple of hours.

Edited by UNT90

The complaining, cry baby act, flopping, etc. that takes place in soccer is not near as much as goes on in professional basketball these days. It is bad, and does no sport any good. However, if you really understood the "laws of the game" as they are used in soccer...even if you swing or kick at a player and miss, it is a red cardable offense. Unfortunately the player from Nigeria went too far in his swing and kick at the Greek player. If you actually watched, you wiould have seen the Greek player push the ball ibnto the chest of the Nigerian player, then the Nigerian player retaliates with a bit of a swing and kick. Both potential red card offenses. Do i think that the ref could have used a bit more descretion and perhaps issued a yellow instead, yes, but he called it a red and that was it.

I don't know of anyone who enjoys the flopping, crying, etc., but, in reality, there has been much less so far in this World Cup than in the last. The Centarl and South American teams are the masters at the flop...just wait until the next rounds.

When you get the flopping, crying, etc., etc. out of the NBA come tell me again how bad it is in the soccer world.

• Upvote 1

The complaining, cry baby act, flopping, etc. that takes place in soccer is not near as much as goes on in professional basketball these days. It is bad, and does no sport any good. However, if you really understood the "laws of the game" as they are used in soccer...even if you swing or kick at a player and miss, it is a red cardable offense. Unfortunately the player from Nigeria went too far in his swing and kick at the Greek player. If you actually watched, you wiould have seen the Greek player push the ball ibnto the chest of the Nigerian player, then the Nigerian player retaliates with a bit of a swing and kick. Both potential red card offenses. Do i think that the ref could have used a bit more descretion and perhaps issued a yellow instead, yes, but he called it a red and that was it.

I don't know of anyone who enjoys the flopping, crying, etc., but, in reality, there has been much less so far in this World Cup than in the last. The Centarl and South American teams are the masters at the flop...just wait until the next rounds.

When you get the flopping, crying, etc., etc. out of the NBA come tell me again how bad it is in the soccer world.

I can't stand the flopping in Basketball either, nor do I like the way fouls are handed out in pro basketball. The fouls seem very inconsistent and they should probably change the rules to where they could call the games better. Maybe a penalty box to discourage blatant fouling. Now that would be interesting some 4 on 5 power plays. But the saving grace for basketball at least for me is the speed of the action and scoring.

I can't stand the flopping in Basketball either, nor do I like the way fouls are handed out in pro basketball. The fouls seem very inconsistent and they should probably change the rules to where they could call the games better. Maybe a penalty box to discourage blatant fouling. Now that would be interesting some 4 on 5 power plays. But the saving grace for basketball at least for me is the speed of the action and scoring.

Some people read Charles Bukowski while others read Charles Schultz, I suppose...

Come on KRAM, soccer takes flopping to a whole new level and the NBA isn't even close.

Just confirms that you haven't been watching the NBA. Even the owners in the NBA get in the cry baby act.

By the way, I am not defending flopping in any sport, just don't think soccer has a monopoly on the art of flopping.

You missed a great comeback by the US against Slovenia by the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just confirms that you haven't been watching the NBA. Even the owners in the NBA get in the cry baby act.

By the way, I am not defending flopping in any sport, just don't think soccer has a monopoly on the art of flopping.

You missed a great comeback by the US against Slovenia by the way.

Saw the replay, was working during the game. I'll watch the USA games during the World Cup.

I'm no fan of the NBA outside of the Mav's, but at least the flops in the NBA are preceded by contact unlike in soccer. Soccer is like a bad karate movie, get within a couple of inches and down they go.

unfortunately, flopping is needed in both the nba and in soccer.

example:

guy drives the lane and runs into a set defender, if that defender doesn't go down or flop, there won't be a charge called. sure, he could remain standing, but that won't get the call.

a guy is dribbling through the middle defense and a guy clips his feet, causing his next touch to shoot out 10 feet, thus losing the ball to the defense. if he would have gone down or flopped, a free kick would have been assigned and a scoring chance would ensue.

i hate the grabbing of the legs/face/knees and writhing in pain until a foul is called or a card is given then the player gets up and runs back down the field.

it would be nice to see more cards given for diving in soccer. that might stop some of the shenanigans, but not all.

flopping/diving is a necessity is both sports, but it does get old.

Any sport that allows a player to fall untouched, lay flat on his back, wait for the stretcher, be carried off, then proceed to jog around the field shaking his teammates hands after being replaced on the field with the clock running is pure stupidity.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Any sport that allows a player to fall untouched, lay flat on his back, wait for the stretcher, be carried off, then proceed to jog around the field shaking his teammates hands after being replaced on the field with the clock running is pure stupidity.

The ref should add time on as needed for time lost. A player making a meal out of an "injury" is included.

I've always felt that if you come off, you should be done. Don't allow for the stretcher to come get you off the pitch, then spray some air on your ankle and come back on the pitch. To go with this, I think the ref should only allow for 20 seconds maximum to attempt to get up. If you cannot continue, you can be carted off, and have a sub come on for you. I think that would cut down on alot of the fake injuries.

I expected the Germans to win today, but not to crush England like they did...

I've always felt that if you come off, you should be done. Don't allow for the stretcher to come get you off the pitch, then spray some air on your ankle and come back on the pitch. To go with this, I think the ref should only allow for 20 seconds maximum to attempt to get up. If you cannot continue, you can be carted off, and have a sub come on for you. I think that would cut down on alot of the fake injuries.

I expected the Germans to win today, but not to crush England like they did...

A player must have permission from the referee to enter or leave the field. I know some refs (myself included) can be very slow to grant permission to enter the field if they feel the player is embellishing.

A player must have permission from the referee to enter or leave the field. I know some refs (myself included) can be very slow to grant permission to enter the field if they feel the player is embellishing.

I always use this "permission" as a way to reward or punish what I see as stalling tactics vs actual injury. It's fun being a ref sometimes!

It’s football to you, soccer to me

Coupled with their team’s humiliating exit from the World Cup it might be another rude awakening to the Brits that soccer isn’t an American term, it is actually an English one. And it isn’t some modern fad that shows disrespect to the world’s most popular sport, it dates back to the earliest days of the game’s professional history.

Indeed, until the last few decades, even Englishmen would routinely refer to their favorite pastime as soccer, just as often as they would say football.

I always hated when the soccer super fans corrected me when I called it soccer.

• Upvote 1