R.i.p. Big Xii

emmitt01

According to killerfrogs.com who repots this came from chip brown.

"He said Texas president and Dodds met with coaches and told them "we did everything we could to save the big 12, but failed."

Texas and A&M meeting tomorrow to figure out the details.

Also said Colorado is in over Baylor."

And here you go playoff D-bags. College football, the most unique sport on the planet, is dead as we know it .Super Conferences will lead to the playoffs which will kill the bowls. And don't give me that incorporate the bowls into the playoffs BS. Lower tier bowls are dead. The haves will grow and the have nots will fall further behind.

The college football season has been about being bowl eligibilty for many teams for years. Am I the only one who will miss twenty days of Bowl Season in December/January? I hope you playoff d-bags enjoy watching Dbag U vs. Overfunded U on the weekends in Dec/Jan while our team sits at home along with the fourteen teams in the Stuper Conferences. A winning record will no longer allow many teams those extra practices and alumni fund raising gatherings/kick ass good times that we had at the bowl games.

Dear playoff D-bag, enjoy your new NFL Light.

Oh, and if any of you stoners think that those of us out of the Stuper Conferences have a prayer of sniffing these playoffs, PUT DOWN THE PIPE.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

And here you go playoff D-bags. College football, the most unique sport on the planet, is dead as we know it .Super Conferences will lead to the playoffs which will kill the bowls. And don't give me that incorporate the bowls into the playoffs BS. Lower tier bowls are dead. The haves will grow and the have nots will fall further behind.

Oh, and if any of you stoners think that those of us out of the Stuper Conferences have a prayer of sniffing these playoffs, PUT DOWN THE PIPE.

So now if players don't make it in a super conf, I guess its best to give up then. I agree with your statement and I am sad that each year we will have an idea who will be playing in the National Champ before the season even starts.

...Dodds met with coaches and told them "we did everything we could to save the big 12, but failed."

A back-stabbing liar to the end. He's overseen the demise of two conferences now.

Can anyone find me two more cowardly programs than OU and Texas? The toughest football in the country is played in the SEC. Yes, it's the girlish Pac-10 OU and Texas run for.

Pathetic. And, Texas Tech freeriding on top of it all. Disgusting.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So now if players don't make it in a super conf, I guess its best to give up then. I agree with your statement and I am sad that each year we will have an idea who will be playing in the National Champ before the season even starts.

The players have always had other choices. The lower divisions. Which I am worried we may be headed to with all of this. I hope that I am wrong.

Greed sometimes has a way of backfiring. If they form the 64-team super division (4 conferences of 16 teams each)...I could easily see:

1) TV ratings not being what they expect. For one thing, there will be some fans of the left out schools....who will no longer watch these games. Some...might be enough to not produce the boffo ratings that they expect.

2) With the NCAA neutered by the super division.....CHEATING WILL BE RAMPANT.

They're creating an "every "school" for itself" type of situation. I hope they enjoy it.

Edited by SUMG

Greed sometimes has a way of backfiring. If they form the 64-team super division (4 conferences of 16 teams each)...I could easily see:

1) TV ratings not being what they expect. For one thing, there will be some fans of the left out schools....who will no longer watch these games. Some...might be enough to not produce the boffo ratings that they expect.

They're creating an "every "man" for himself" type of situation. I hope they enjoy it.

While you have a point and there will be some people that quit watching, I think there will be people that is right now turned off by CFB will watch once the super conferences come and if there is an actual playoff. That being said I think CFB is so big and so exciting that I only thing that this greed will only help the CFB landscape for the big boys. For me it's a bittersweet scenario because I know UNT and other smaller schools will be screwed but at the same time CFB will get even more exciting.

While you have a point and there will be some people that quit watching, I think there will be people that is right now turned off by CFB will watch once the super conferences come and if there is an actual playoff. That being said I think CFB is so big and so exciting that I only thing that this greed will only help the CFB landscape for the big boys. For me it's a bittersweet scenario because I know UNT and other smaller schools will be screwed but at the same time CFB will get even more exciting.

Personally I think a lot of folks think a football playoff will do for football what March Madness does for basketball. There's a big difference: In March Madness...Cinderella gets invited to the Dance. In the football scenario, I don't see that happening.

So you might have 4-8-16 teams in a playoff from the 64-team Super Division. I still contend that it might not be the ratings Nirvana that these greedy pigs think it will. Just my .02

They're creating an "every "school" for itself" type of situation. I hope they enjoy it.

But will it be called cheating in this new alliance? Or will they call it a stipend? Pay for play might just be around the corner in the new NFL Light.

But will it be called cheating in this new alliance? Or will they call it a stipend? Pay for play might just be around the corner in the new NFL Light.

Yeah, I've heard that. But there can still be cheating. If the stipend is say $500 a month....what's to stop one school from offering a kid $1000 a month?

The toughest football in the country is played in the SEC. Yes, it's the girlish Pac-10 OU and Texas run for.

If you want to see UNT's already-difficult recruiting efforts made even tougher, let the SEC get a reason to recruit harder (ie: TV) here than they already are. This is about sustaining your program, and it affects all the schools in Texas--not just the big ones.