The Rangers Are In First Place!

Not really, just drawing a check. I am effing thrilled right now with our Red-shoe Rangers. Oh by the way....where is all the Cliff Lee venom now??

Where was it ever? All you had was the non-fans piling on when he didn't pitch like Jesus right away and look tired.

Baseball fans: 1

Git 'sem pitchin' Cowboys fans: 0

I think the Rangers are still going to win the division but it's annoying the hell out of me that this team is coasting. The offense looks out of whack and other than Murph, Borbon, and Andrus...I think they are trying to get the big hit HR every critical at bat. It's crap like this that makes me think they will go 0'fer in the playoffs because they seem to crumble against decent pitching.

I think the Rangers are still going to win the division but it's annoying the hell out of me that this team is coasting. The offense looks out of whack and other than Murph, Borbon, and Andrus...I think they are trying to get the big hit HR every critical at bat. It's crap like this that makes me think they will go 0'fer in the playoffs because they seem to crumble against decent pitching.

Yep, seems every time they run up against a good #1 starter, they fold like a cheap suit. Sucks that we get the freaking Yankess again in the playoffs, if only to get a different opponent for the first time in the playoff history of this team. Their top 3 pitchers could be the #1 starter for most teams.

On the bright side, this team hasn't been healthy since early July. Hopefully Josh gets back before the playoffs and that start firing on all cylinders.

I don't know what you have seen, but the Elvis I have been watching is hitting .252 with 5 extra base hits since the All-Star break. There is no way this kid should be the lead off hitter of a playoff team.

Hopefully Josh gets back before the playoffs and that start firing on all cylinders.

Josh's injury is similar to the one that held Jacoby Ellsbury out most of this year. It is supposed to be a pain tolerance thing as long as his ribs aren't displaced, but knowing that Josh wont hold back, especially in the playoffs, I don't know how long it would be before something jars them loose. Broken ribs usually take about 2 months to heal. I'm optimistic he will play, but I don't think he will be at full capacity.

Edited by MEANGREENMAN!

I don't know what you have seen, but the Elvis I have been watching is hitting .252 with 5 extra base hits since the All-Star break. There is no way this kid should be the lead off hitter of a playoff team.

Oh I agree...Elvis has struggled mightily in the second half. But at least he's got small ball mentality...takes pitches, generates walks etc. As for Elvis batting leadoff...he may be the best option. I don't think Borbon will get a shot this year because he has been so up and down and the man cant generate walks. The only other guy you can consider is putting Kinsler in there but I don't know how I feel about that.

Oh I agree...Elvis has struggled mightily in the second half. But at least he's got small ball mentality...takes pitches, generates walks etc. As for Elvis batting leadoff...he may be the best option. I don't think Borbon will get a shot this year because he has been so up and down and the man cant generate walks. The only other guy you can consider is putting Kinsler in there but I don't know how I feel about that.

The last two months Ian has drawn 22 walks to 13 by Elvis. Kinsler has had a higher OBP than Elvis in every month Kins played at least two games. Since July Elvis has 2 more stolen bases than Ian despite playing in 26 more games.

The last two months Ian has drawn 22 walks to 13 by Elvis. Kinsler has had a higher OBP than Elvis in every month Kins played at least two games. Since July Elvis has 2 more stolen bases than Ian despite playing in 26 more games.

Still don't know if I want Kins to bat leadoff. I do think that Andrus and Young need some major rest because they are both slumping and they look a little exhausted mentally. That's why they need to officially wrap up the division so they can rest key guys and still experiment different scenarios in the lineup, defense etc.

So where does the genius of forcing Cantu to the plate against lefty's gotten us now? 4 for 31? And it's been announced that he's going to continue in this way. So can he make it 4 for 39?

Rick

Personally I like Cantu and the man has a proven track record. I don't think anybody understands why he's been this non existent...however he has always been an every day player and I am confident that if he were in the starting lineup daily his numbers would be waaaayyy better. Right now Wash just doesn't know what to do because the whole lineup is sucking right now.

I am giddy as a school girl that Texas is going to make the playoffs. But the reality is that they are really limping into the playoffs. They are not playing like they are going to go far into the playoffs. A few weeks ago I was hoping they would catch the Twins for the #2 seed but that won't happen. Mostly because the Twins started playing really well and could have the best record. Texas is not beating the teams they should and not beating the teams they need to. Since the Yankees sweep in Arlington, they have lost series to Seattle, Anaheim, and Oakland. These are bottom feeder teams they should at a minimum take 2 out of 3 from. Then they were swept by Minnesota and that is a team they should play well against because that is the caliber of team they will face in the playoffs. This was with about 21 games left. I was not expecting Texas to go on a 21-0 streak, but winning two thirds of their games is the pace they need to go far.

I am not a fair weather fan. I will cheer on the Rangers till the bitter end. But it really looks like that bitter end will be in the first round against the Yankees…AGAIN!

Just sayin...

Can 91 be far behind?

Yeah, hell of a job, Nostradamus.

With all the injuries in Spring, I see the Strangers taking a slight step back this season, winning 84 games and finishing 2nd in the West and out of the wildcard race. But look out for 2011!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, hell of a job, Nostradamus.

Hey, Nostradamus had the Rangers winning 80 this year, so don't even compare my greatness to that POS.

And, may I point out that the Rangers have only won 87 with 6 games left. Now, if they lose out (resting players and all) that means I would be 3 games off from my beginning of the season prediction and 4 games off from my mid-season prediction. I'll take that any day.

That hairy faced F$# Nostradamus is freaking Terry Bradshaw compared to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2