Sun Belt (2/11/10)

Go FAU, Denver and especially Western Kentucky.

I say fau, middle and wku since we have already lost to middle we would be better off if they win the east since we have the tie breakers over fau and troy for the 3rd seed, and it would give Denver another loss and put more space between us and Denver.

EAST

Middle Tennessee 10-4 15-11

Florida Atlantic 9-5 13-12

Troy 8-5 13-11

Western Kentucky 7-6 14-12

South Alabama 6-8 14-12

FIU 4-10 7-20

WEST

Arkansas State 9-4 14-10

North Texas 9-5 16-8

Louisiana-Lafayette 8-5 11-13

Denver 7-6 14-10

Louisiana-Monroe 6-8 11-14

Arkansas-Little Rock 3-10 7-17

New Orleans 2-12 7-18

Still not sure how the tiebreakers work if you only play a school once since the Belt site doesn't mention it. You'd think it would be H2H but since all the rules only mention scenarios where you play a school twice -- I'll play it safe and say we still need FAU to lose to assure ourselves the 3 seed.

Edited by CMJ

South Alabama starting guard Bryan Sherrer tore his ACL is gone for the season. He was averaging 10.6 pts ppg

Great kid, good family. It's a damn shame.

He's one of their best weapons, too. This really hurts them tremendously.

Sorry to hear he ends his SBC career this way.

According to the ASU board - this is way the current tiebreakers work.

MTSU Currently owns Tiebreak with UNT and ULL Loses tiebreaks to FAU Troy and ASU

FAU Currently owns tiebreak with MTSU Troy ASU and ULL Loses tiebreak to UNT

Troy Currently owns tiebreak with MTSU Loses tiebreak to ULL UNT and FAU Yet to play ASU

ASU Currently owns tiebreaks with MTSU UNT and ULL Loses tiebreak to FAU Yet to play Troy

UNT Currently owns tiebreaks with FAU and Troy Loses tiebreak to ASU ULL and MTSU

ULL Currently owns tiebreaks with UNT and Troy Loses tiebreak to ASU MTSU and FAU

Edited by CMJ

We still have a game against ULL (@ home), so we can still nullify the current tiebreaker.

All we can do is hope ASU falls the edge of a cliff for the remainder of the season.

Well, ASU needs to lose at least two more. Realistically, I would think they need to lose two of the following three: at ULL, home against WKU, and home against Troy. Honestly, I don't see any way they lose either of their other two games (home against ULM and UNO), but I suppose stranger things have happened.

South Alabama starting guard Bryan Sherrer tore his ACL is gone for the season. He was averaging 10.6 pts ppg

This makes me really sad. Sherrer has worked really hard to turn himself from a role player into a second scoring option for USA.

Wiliams and Brock still make them dangerous, but this hurts a lot.

If the tourney started today.

MTSU (1) vs. WKU (8)-La-Monroe (9)

FAU (4)-UNO (13) vs. La-Lafayette (5)-UALR (12)

NT (3) vs. Troy (6)-FIU (11)

ASU (2) vs. Denver (7)-USA (10)

The thought of a 1,2 or 3 seed getting WKU in their opener is fantastic (as long as it is not us).

The thought of a 1,2 or 3 seed getting WKU in their opener is fantastic (as long as it is not us).

Exactly. I'd love to see MTSU or ASU have to deal with them. I'd like to avoid WKU if at all possible, or as long as possible. There's 3 teams that make me nervous in the tourney at the moment.

FIU(seem to match up well against us)

WKU(the historical goliath with winning in their DNA)

ASU(young team who seems to have better athletes)

Even tho we've lost to other schools(and haven't to WKU) I'll take my chances against anyone else. Those 3 I want to avoid as long as possible.