Green Gang: The Case For Todd Dodge

MeanGreen61

5-31; boo. During the games I watched, I saw a lack of motivation, a generally confused team, and no presence of coaching. It was bad coaching. Not good or mediocre coaching, it was really bad coaching. I don't look forward to next year with T. Dodge; He's a bad coach. But, I will manage to root for the home team nonetheless. GMG.

5-31; boo. During the games I watched, I saw a lack of motivation, a generally confused team, and no presence of coaching. It was bad coaching. Not good or mediocre coaching, it was really bad coaching. I don't look forward to next year with T. Dodge; He's a bad coach. But, I will manage to root for the home team nonetheless. GMG.

Well that would not make for good promotion of the program would it?

This biggest hurdle I think facing this team in 2010 isn't on the field. It's off the field and it's called apathy. I must confess, I was guilty of it this year. I was more dialed into what my high school alma mater was doing in the playoffs than my college alma mater.

Seriously..? THAT is the hurdle this team faces? (Hurdles don't face teams, teams face hurdles.)

Oh, so if we can just overcome apathy, we'll improve? If we had 30,500 fans in the seats for every game, we would have been better than 2-10? If we had a bigger booster club, Riley wouldn't have thrown 15 interceptions? We wouldn't have had 12 FG/XP blocked?

This is the most transparent piece of Athletic Department propaganda I've seen yet. Forget about the decision we made, you just need to "get on board."

So you expect the Athletic Department bloggers not to post transparent propanda pieces that favor the Athletic Department?

Oh I fully expect it. But to say this is the biggest hurdle that the team faces just shows this cast of characters STILL don't have a clue.

Win, and the fans will come. It doesn't work the other way.

Seriously..? THAT is the hurdle this team faces? (Hurdles don't face teams, teams face hurdles.)

Oh, so if we can just overcome apathy, we'll improve? If we had 30,500 fans in the seats for every game, we would have been better than 2-10? If we had a bigger booster club, Riley wouldn't have thrown 15 interceptions? We wouldn't have had 12 FG/XP blocked?

This is the most transparent piece of Athletic Department propaganda I've seen yet. Forget about the decision we made, you just need to "get on board."

I think he's exactly right. If you upped your MGC donation we wouldn't run the option out of the endzone. If you bought more season tickets we would send a return man back to field a punt when we're down a touchdown. Don't you get it? You have to EARN a product worth watching. Being amongst our woefully small fanbase doesn't earn you anything...the fan base wouldn't be do small if YOU were working harder!!!!

Don't you ever forget "if you haven't joined the mean green club it's because we haven't met or YOU haven't called me!"

Ridiculous. I know he has to toe the party line but I mean come on. How about he doesn't insult our intelligence? I can stomach it a little coming from casual fans on this board but from the official athletic site? Ugh. If I weren't drinking a beer and chillaxin in front of the TV watching some Heat v Lakers I might be stirred enough to be mad.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Good goin' guys. Everyone got it right. The biggest hurdle is WINS. Do that and the apathy will take care of itself.

While I believe that the talent pool has vastly improved how can we be sure if it doesn't translate into wins?

Good goin' guys. Everyone got it right. The biggest hurdle is WINS. Do that and the apathy will take care of itself.

While I believe that the talent pool has vastly improved how can we be sure if it doesn't translate into wins?

For better or worse, that's what it comes down to in any sport. I used to think North Texas seemed ok with mediocrity, but now that we've fallen below that, we can see that only winning will make us happy.

My goal (and my wife did say "Good luck with that") is for UNT football to be at a level of excellence comparable to UNT Music.

Edited by eulessismore

Here is what I found interesting at the start of this past week: Craig Miller actually went and pulled the recruiting rankings of DD's last two classes versus FT's first three classes and so far to this point, DD's won.

Here is what I found interesting at the start of this past week: Craig Miller actually went and pulled the recruiting rankings of DD's last two classes versus FT's first three classes and so far to this point, DD's won.

Facts, dont't let the Tedlon Todd L & A 's see that!

• Upvote 1

EagleGreen, you have got problems----you are wrong about everything you mention

EagleGreen, you have got problems----you are wrong about everything you mention

So, what you're saying is...5-31 is acceptable. I guess you think our Conference Record with Dodge is spotless as well! I think I need to call back-to-back Timeouts, then get a Delay of Game Penalty to think this one over.

How do you know the difference between good coaching and bad? I am just curious. Are you

a former coach that would know how to evaluate the differences? If you do, than I would need a

bit more information than to say it was good or bad. Your thoughts?

GMG

How do you know the difference between good coaching and bad? I am just curious. Are you

a former coach that would know how to evaluate the differences? If you do, than I would need a

GMG

Just remember everyone, never again complain about service at a restaurant. Have you ever owned a restaurant? Well, have you?!!

GMG

This sounds like fun ... Let me start:

How do you know the difference between a good Bank Teller and bad? I am just curious. Are you

a former Bank Teller that would know how to evaluate the differences? If you do, than I would need a

Edited by UNTFan23

GMG

If coaching is good @ 5 - 31 then I'm somewhat confused

We either have foxes or blind turtles watching the henhouse. I cannot otherwise explain how they fail to take ownership of this program and reach out. Yes, there has been progress on the stadium, but it has never been a BOLD effort. Why don't they go out to EVERYONE who has some connection to NT and say we've got to do something about this and we NEED your help????? Why don't they come on here and say 'Here's the plan. We're committed! Here's how you can help.' There is NO leadership. SICKENING.