Espndallas - "unt Makes The Right Call On Dodge"

CaribbeanGreen

This guy clearly has not watched any NT games or other sunbelt teams.

He was the friggun' beat writer the end of the Simon era and the beginning of the Dickey era. "This guy" is also one of the most respected journalist in the Metroplex. He has covered the Cowboys, Stars, Rangers and NASCAR for The Dallas Morning News. Know something about a subject before you comment on it as you hide behind your keyboard.

Have some guts and put your real name in a signature like I have had for the past eight months.

He was the friggun' beat writer the end of the Simon era and the beginning of the Dickey era. "This guy" is also one of the most respected journalist in the Metroplex. He has covered the Cowboys, Stars, Rangers and NASCAR for The Dallas Morning News. Know something about a subject before you comment on it as you hide behind your keyboard.

Have some guts and put your real name in a signature like I have had for the past eight months.

Brett so you are saying he has watched our games and other Sunbelt teams this year?

Because I was wondering if he had seen any as well, credentials and all.

Tony Barone

Edited by KingDL1

Our fans like to write checks that they don't have to sign. This decision is 100% about money, nothing more - nothing less.

New Assistant coaches should not have really cost us any more money, so that is the part I really don't get.

New Assistant coaches should not have really cost us any more money, so that is the part I really don't get.

I guess I wasn't too enthused about the changes being mentioned, especially with George, since he's recruited some players that were good to great (Dunbar). I don't really know much about Rausch, except that I read on his meangreensports.com bio that he played secondary in college, and sounded like he was pretty good at it (was a GA under Les Miles, I think), making me wonder why some of our assistants are coaching positions they did not play. I don't know much about Ford, except that a lot of people I know don't like "his" offense. But does he actually get to call any plays? I'm always hearing Dodge talking in the post game about some play or other he called. That's one of my concerns about Dodge, is the possibility that he's too "hands on". I'd really like to see a little more focus from him on clock management.

Brett so you are saying he has watched our games and other Sunbelt teams this year?

Because I was wondering if he had seen any as well, credentials and all.

Tony Barone

Tony,

Not sure if Richard made it to many games this year, but he normally does. Haven't talked to him in about a year. Guess I need to call him and ask him.

Sunbelt football didn't exist in the Simon era.. Not saying he isn't seasoned veteran sports writer, but that doesn't mean he spent time watching and following Sunbelt Football. If he did good for him. I am glad we are being covered. I assume he's a friend or you wouldn't care so much, and that's cool. Wasn't taking a shot at him as a person. I can see the sarcasm was lost on you. I happen to work with a lot of Respected Journalists, but that doesn't always mean what they say is right either.

I hope we do well next year, I want our team to be successful, but that doesn't mean I have to approve of the decision.

I'm done having this conversation.

Jaime Livas

Edited by filmerj

The Mean Green improved in nearly every statistical category from 2008 to 2009. Offensively, scoring improved by over six points per game while total offense improved by 45 yards per game and rushing offense jumped nearly 60 yards per game. The defense saw similar improvement with scoring defense dropping 12 points per game, total defense down 70 yards per game and both rushing and passing defense dropping dramatically.

How about the stat....win/loss?....that went up 100% tp a total of TWO wins.

Well I don't respect him. Mostly because I don't have big name donors so I can't improve my Respect Holding Tank. Thus very little respect for anyone or anything. I mean if people would show more support for me and my endeavors I could probably afford to upgrade my facilities. Sure, I could 'improve' my content but I mean if you guys really loved me you would show me support content be damned.

I mean I support my other alma blogger Takeaknee by reading the drivel and insider-only jokes put forth on the daily, yo. So why can't you be like me guys? Its really all about the fan base here guys. Sure Gizmodo and Deadspin put out page view- worthy stuff and whatnot but that DOES NOT MEAN A THING.

With that said, I have retained my current writing staff (me) after his (my) stellar production of pageviews (like 25 at the most, at one time-- if I were to translate it into football wins it would be around one game a season). I figure it this is the best course of action. Its not like you can make money by spending money right guys? Right?

Well I don't respect him. Mostly because I don't have big name donors so I can't improve my Respect Holding Tank. Thus very little respect for anyone or anything. I mean if people would show more support for me and my endeavors I could probably afford to upgrade my facilities. Sure, I could 'improve' my content but I mean if you guys really loved me you would show me support content be damned.

I mean I support my other alma blogger Takeaknee by reading the drivel and insider-only jokes put forth on the daily, yo. So why can't you be like me guys? Its really all about the fan base here guys. Sure Gizmodo and Deadspin put out page view- worthy stuff and whatnot but that DOES NOT MEAN A THING.

With that said, I have retained my current writing staff (me) after his (my) stellar production of pageviews (like 25 at the most, at one time-- if I were to translate it into football wins it would be around one game a season). I figure it this is the best course of action. Its not like you can make money by spending money right guys? Right?

Chin up -- with teases like this, you'll have a huge fan base in no time.

The sad part is we haven't tried are made an effort for months to even write and you still treat this like some kind of competition. You can have the whole kingdom sir, - the keys, the retards, the whole bit. The only thing holding you back from the stars is your own two feet on the ground!

Deadspin is a lot better with Daulerio though. That guy rocks!

Attention Moderators: Can we please move this post from the "UNT Football" forum to the "Please Please Please Read My Blog Forum?"

Am inflection happen military touchdown starched keyboard golden spectacular yee haw directory urine gift somebody hairs tobacco attic Ebola stuffing headphones elephant skulling bat retina advantage vetinarian shades apple windshield cotton lighthouse blood toothpick attached Macugen bet syrup gardener nails guide freckle calendar Chicago address climate Newbomb transfer charity reflection intent regards president waxing atlas rebranding curl flop starter bababooey Clementine sucker voicemail media target cut violence maybe milagro random pickle stone especially form receipt planet fraud service flash disfunctional notebook aloft eclipse staple conference watch stapler overcoat dining horse painting shade arch fecal tee offense duty development creep boxer blessing brick infinity stall eyelash filibuster production publicity blinker minus wreath falling twigs chair bum fell perfect attempt player wonderful question twelve realize maker charge disaster override matter franchise bubbly Cristinas accomplish most garage too nuclear academy pacific black mention understand mirror shape plaster respect grab understatement above television serious V trabtree flubber exception.

But,

GMG

Chin up -- with teases like this, you'll have a huge fan base in no time.

The sad part is we haven't tried are made an effort for months to even write and you still treat this like some kind of competition. You can have the whole kingdom sir, - the keys, the retards, the whole bit. The only thing holding you back from the stars is your own two feet on the ground!

Deadspin is a lot better with Daulerio though. That guy rocks!

Which is why I need to grow a 'stache like his.

However, let me call a time out here. (makes time out motion)

Because I have been asked this and because kind of brought it up there, let me clarify somethings at the risk of ruining the (poor) joke.

I have no rivalry with the dudes what write takeaknee. I read it. I comment on it. I joke about here cuz I (alone?) think its funny to talk like there is a rivalry when (clearly) there is none. Surely some of you understood this right?

Also,

I tried to make it obvious that I was making fun A) Keeping Dodge by comparing it to me retaining my Head Writer by drawing a comparison to the similar poor performance. You can also find gems on blind support, our incompetence, some people's switching to their 'other school', and comparing ourselves to Bigger Better Schools.

So enjoy!

Also, if Green P1 if you can italicize one of those Pleases that would be just totally awesome mmmk? Thaaanks.

I guess I wasn't too enthused about the changes being mentioned, especially with George, since he's recruited some players that were good to great (Dunbar). I don't really know much about Rausch, except that I read on his meangreensports.com bio that he played secondary in college, and sounded like he was pretty good at it (was a GA under Les Miles, I think), making me wonder why some of our assistants are coaching positions they did not play. I don't know much about Ford, except that a lot of people I know don't like "his" offense. But does he actually get to call any plays? I'm always hearing Dodge talking in the post game about some play or other he called. That's one of my concerns about Dodge, is the possibility that he's too "hands on". I'd really like to see a little more focus from him on clock management.

I found the mention of George curious as well. His recruiting and positions have been pretty good. Like you, I don't really know a whole lot about Rausch either. With Ford, I can only judge based on what I see of the offense but I still can't say for certain that he's mainly to blame for some those oversights that seem so obvious to most of us. Personally, I was really hoping to get an outsider's (college coach with spread offense experience) perspective to help our staff with their offense. It's been proven that the spread can be very successful at the college level, but not everyone runs it in the same manner. I wish we could add someone like Tony Franklin to our current staff to provide additional insight/suggestions on how to tweak Dodge's offense so it can be more successful.