FIU announces a home and home w/ Pittsburgh

Home and Home games set for by FIU :

Rutgers @ FIU 2010

Texas a&m @ FIU 2013

Pitt @ FIU 2014

UCF @ FIU 2011/2013

Louisville @ FIU 2012/2014

Duke @ FIU 2011

Wow FIU, gets Texas A&M, Pitt, and Rutgers to play at home..... Wow that right there speaks volumes, Texas A&M would rather travel to Florida to play an SBC team than play the one here in Texas, which is more convient and would help their recrutiting, and also allow their DFW fans to attend.....

Texas A&M is desperate for wins, and they chose to overlook UNT, of course we know the reasons why....

NORTH TEXAS is in the worst shape I have ever seen it in before......

Wow FIU, gets Texas A&M, Pitt, and Rutgers to play at home..... Wow that right there speaks volumes, Texas A&M would rather travel to Florida to play an SBC team than play the one here in Texas, which is more convient and would help their recrutiting, and also allow their DFW fans to attend.....

Texas A&M is desperate for wins, and they chose to overlook UNT, of course we know the reasons why....

NORTH TEXAS is in the worst shape I have ever seen it in before......

I would recommend icing and elevating your knee.

I do not ever want to see another FCS opponent on our schedule. Dumbing down sucks and the real possibility that one of them would hand us our asses (you think we get mocked NOW) would kill my soul.

So let me see...

We should not play 1-AA because we might lose? If that's the case, we should just fold up the program and play checkers.

Obviously, we might lose any game we play. You apparently missed the point. But playing a 1-AA team is pretty much a no-win situation. If you win the game, so what? But if you lose, it can destroy you more than any other loss.

Obviously, we might lose any game we play. You apparently missed the point. But playing a 1-AA team is pretty much a no-win situation. If you win the game, so what? But if you lose, it can destroy you more than any other loss.

Yeah, but...

It helped get SMU into a bowl game this year.

It's how K-state built their program.

Locally, A&M did it with their basketball program.

Losing to a 1AA isn't the worst thing that could happen. Remember, 5-31 lives here.

If you win it counts toward bowl eligibility. That's why a good many (beleive it was over 50 in '09)FBS teams play FCS teams.

If you win it counts toward bowl eligibility. That's why a good many (beleive it was over 50 in '09)FBS teams play FCS teams.

Just remember we could not beat FAU in our bowl year when they were D1aa, and Sagarin has us ranked behind 42 FCS teams

Just remember we could not beat FAU in our bowl year when they were D1aa, and Sagarin has us ranked behind 42 FCS teams

Yes, I'm fully aware and am sure that you can give me at least 1,000,000,000,000 reasons why UNT sucks...........thanks !

On another note. Five of ten Texas FBS schools played FCS teams. Baylor, Houston, SMU, TCU and Texas Tech. Contrary to the opinion of gmg arm chair experts, we'd probably get a W with a FCS opponent.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Yeah, but...

It helped get SMU into a bowl game this year.

Yeah, and they almost lost that game, too. If that would have gone the other way, what would that have done to them?

It's how K-state built their program.
What program?

Locally, A&M did it with their basketball program.

There is no 1-AA basketball.

Losing to a 1AA isn't the worst thing that could happen. Remember, 5-31 lives here.

Yeah, I'd take a loss to a 1-AA team over 5-31. But a loss to a 1-AA would be far worse than any of those 31,as bad as some of them have been.

Yes, I'm fully aware and know that there are at least 1,000,000,000,000 reasons why UNT sucks...........thanks !

On another note. Five of ten Texas FBS schools played FCS teams. Baylor, Houston, SMU, TCU and Texas Tech. Contrary to the opinion of gmg arm chair experts, we'd probably get a W with a FCS opponent.

I thought we would beat Army and FIU this year but see where that got us.

Yeah, and they almost lost that game, too. If that would have gone the other way, what would that have done to them?

What program?

There is no 1-AA basketball.

Yeah, I'd take a loss to a 1-AA team over 5-31. But a loss to a 1-AA would be far worse than any of those 31,as bad as some of them have been.

But they didn't lose, and look where they are.

K-State hasn't always sucked.

Just so you know, there isn't a 1AA in football, either... since we're nitpicking. BUT my point was actually about scheduling teams you "should" beat as a way to build confidence and get your team into a winning.

Something else to consider is the fact that we are now completely irrelevant. I guess my point is that nobody will really care if we do besides our own fans... why not play a regional team at home?

Edited by Eagle1855

I don't understand why we don't play at least one of the D1AA teams every year. Play one to start off each year and start the year off with a win.

I think starting off the year with a home game against a FCS opponent would be a great idea. Then we can go on the road against a non-conference opponent. That gives us a more strong chance of starting the season with a win.

FIU announces a home and home w/ Pittsburgh

Home and Home games set for by FIU :

Rutgers @ FIU 2010

Texas a&m @ FIU 2013

Pitt @ FIU 2014

UCF @ FIU 2011/2013

Louisville @ FIU 2012/2014

Duke @ FIU 2011

FIU has done a good job of scheduling those games but you will notice that other than the Duke game - the AWAY game is always first and much earlier than the home game. My bet - FIU doesn't get half of those contracts honored. I just do not see Texas A&M going to play at FIU, no freaking way.

For real. Let's have the bobcats up for a game. Why the hell not? We'll beat em, they'll bring fans (read: scattered tail) and everyone wins.

Texas State at San Marcos had MISERABLE attendance this year - during their "Drive to FBS" - they didn't even get close to 15K. With a winning record, they averaged under 10K for the season. What makes you think that they would all hop in their cars and drive to Denton if they won't even stumble out of their dorm rooms to go see their home team? San Marcos cheers for UT and that is going to take a lot more than a name change to fix. They are a decade away from seriously moving up - the support is not there. Donations have dried up and construction has been completed. They threw a party and nobody showed up.