So When Will The Announcement Be Made?

gangrene

Guest GrayEagleOne

Why are you all so sure he is gone? Do some have insight into the program at a

higher level? I would like to know your thoughts.

GMG

In fairness, I read the posts on this thread and while some have been slanderous to Dodge, none have said that he is gone. Some think that the decision has been made but they are not saying what it is, only that it should be announced soon. The main advantage is that recruits will know who the coach is to be next year.

However, if there is a coaching change (and I'm not saying there will be) it seems to me that it would be best to wait until a new coach is hired and the recruits will know whether they want to change their committments or not.

However, if there is a coaching change (and I'm not saying there will be) it seems to me that it would be best to wait until a new coach is hired and the recruits will know whether they want to change their committments or not.

I don't think that's possible. A FBS head coaching search is pretty highly publicized. Besides, already all the players know the rumors, and they will ask for and they deserve a definite answer.

Why are you all so sure he is gone? Do some have insight into the program at a

higher level? I would like to know your thoughts.

GMG

I wasn't implying that his dismissal is a sure deal...I'm just hoping that an announcement is made to clarify one way or the other within the next 7 days.

the decision will be made monday. if the president is involved, i would anticipate a coaching change. this is not a altogether a won/loss decision, as td was handed a bucket of mud regarding academics,discipline, as well as a late start in recruiting his 1st year. in addition, the new stadium promised him when hired was several years behind schedule. my biggest complaint is that he put loyalty to his hs assistants above the university who hired him. however, we must bear some of the responsibility for allowing him to bring his entire hs staff with him. the situation reminds me of when i fired a salesman who was popular with his customers even though they wouldn't buy from him. all i did was piss them off, which may happen with area/state hs coaches. could be a no win situation for rv.

Also, the job has to be open for 30 days by Texas law.

Well, assuming that there is going to be a "change", then it needs to be no later than Monday. "Texas Law" is going to screw any new coach (assuming there is one) out of 30 days of recruiting.

If there isn't going to be a coaching change (Head coach anyway) then the evaluation meeting needs to take place this week.....early this week.

the decision will be made monday. if the president is involved, i would anticipate a coaching change. this is not a altogether a won/loss decision, as td was handed a bucket of mud regarding academics,discipline, as well as a late start in recruiting his 1st year. in addition, the new stadium promised him when hired was several years behind schedule. my biggest complaint is that he put loyalty to his hs assistants above the university who hired him. however, we must bear some of the responsibility for allowing him to bring his entire hs staff with him. the situation reminds me of when i fired a salesman who was popular with his customers even though they wouldn't buy from him. all i did was piss them off, which may happen with area/state hs coaches. could be a no win situation for rv.

Actually, one year behind schedule, which, in this economy, is really a miracle. Dodge was quoted shortly after being hired that he expected a new stadium in 2010.

He knew the situation he was coming into, and he chose to bring an unproven staff. It was very noble of him, but in the end cost him his job.

I don't understand this whole loyalty from other high school coaches??? Are we talking SLC, the Woodlands, who?? Other than his personal friends, I doubt most high school coaches in Texas could give 2 rat turds about Dodge & his situation. His abysmal record and head first face plant of this program into the ground is doing more harm for recruiting than any positions of loyalty from a few random coaches.

• Upvote 1