Fight Song / School Song

Sound_Man

i've got a green brigade cd with those songs in it from 1997, when i was in the band. those songs are on the cd and i can email them to ya tonight...let me know

as far as the school song, do you want the vocals with it or without?

also on the cd is a drum cadence, you'll never walk alone, margaritaville (done by the tubas), some blues brothers, boston, and the national emblem

here's a track listing in case you want more:

TRIBUTE TO CLASSIC ROCK N ROLL

get away

smokin

carry on

BEST OF MAYNARD SHOW

la fiesta

conquistador

give it one

BEST OF BLUES BROTHERS

soul man

think

sweet home

national emblem

glory to the green...vocal

glory to the green...instrumental

fight song

fly like an eagle

percussion cadence

margaritaville - tubas

you'll never walk alone...vocal

you'll never walk alone...instrumental

Edited by radiogreen

I'd say school song without, but if you want to send it all, i'll take it :-)

eric@esl-usa.com

i've got a green brigade cd with those songs in it from 1997, when i was in the band. those songs are on the cd and i can email them to ya tonight...let me know

as far as the school song, do you want the vocals with it or without?

also on the cd is a drum cadence, you'll never walk alone, margaritaville (done by the tubas), some blues brothers, boston, and the national emblem

here's a track listing in case you want more:

TRIBUTE TO CLASSIC ROCK N ROLL

get away

smokin

carry on

BEST OF MAYNARD SHOW

la fiesta

conquistador

give it one

BEST OF BLUES BROTHERS

soul man

think

sweet home

national emblem

glory to the green...vocal

glory to the green...instrumental

fight song

fly like an eagle

percussion cadence

margaritaville - tubas

you'll never walk alone...vocal

you'll never walk alone...instrumental

• 2 years later...

I'd like the songs too. I found a good version of the fight song, but I can't find the Alma Mater anywhere. I even tried recording it from the bells at McConnell tower, but that didn't work since I was at Honors hall. If you can, I would like all the songs please.

Is there an IPhone app that will convert it to mp3 and thn you can email it to yourself, or somethin like that?

Convert Audio: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/convert-audio/id491800073?mt=8

It's 2.99. I couldn't find a free app, and I don't have an iPhone so I can't tell you whether this works for sure or not.

Apple is notoriously exclusive about editing their audio files. I wouldn't be too hopeful. Maybe someone else can suggest something that works for sure.

• Upvote 1

I'd like the songs too. I found a good version of the fight song, but I can't find the Alma Mater anywhere. I even tried recording it from the bells at McConnell tower, but that didn't work since I was at Honors hall. If you can, I would like all the songs please.

McConnell? What?

Because of the oddly-tuned undertones in the Hurley Admin Tower, when it plays the fight song, it ends on a strange flat-VI chord. And it feels so, soooooooo very good.

Also, I can't couldn't download ITunes for PC caush the laptop I have right now is from my high school, and it won't let me run programs. I was gonna just put it on my flash drive, and wait until I can put it on my other computer.

Wai-what??

McConnell? What?

Because of the oddly-tuned undertones in the Hurley Admin Tower, when it plays the fight song, it ends on a strange flat-VI chord. And it feels so, soooooooo very good.

It's the Hurley Administration Building, but the tower is still the McConnell Tower.

ETA:

Lighting the clock tower green

After a UNT athletic team victory, special floodlights bathe the Hurley Administration Building’s McConnell Tower in a green light to signal the win to the campus and the community.

http://www.unt.edu/identity/history.htm

Edited by Cerebus

Actually, I just found out that they took tb"at part out because people were shouting the students' version at the Lafayette game a couple weeks ago, and somehow, it ended up on national TV. So they're just cutting it out until next year, and putting another song right after it so that nobody has time to start yelling it. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually, I just found out that they took tb"at part out because people were shouting the students' version at the Lafayette game a couple weeks ago, and somehow, it ended up on national TV. So they're just cutting it out until next year, and putting another song right after it so that nobody has time to start yelling it. :(

Way to go, children. Unbelievable. I did notice the shortened version at the game tonight. The original version didn't have the chant part in it, so maybe our forefathers knew that having something like that in it would open the door to some potty mouths from a future generation screwing it up for everyone else.

Again, unbelievable that it had to come down to this. Sad really.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1