Fight Song / School Song

Sound_Man

Yeah, when the student section completely ignores the fight song the GB will realize how idiotic getting rid of it is.

Well, if the students have no respect for themselves or the UNT fight song, perhaps it is best that they keep their mouths shut while it is played. You might just be on to something here.

• Upvote 4

What a joke. The Green Brigade just have the right to change the fight song to their liking? Complete bull.

I believe it was some of the students that took it upon themselves to change the lyrics first. I don't think the Green Brigade started this mess. I'm not so sure it was the Green Brigade that made the call to abbreviate the song either.

• Upvote 1

What is so nutty about all this is that the students who "changed" the fight song by adding the childish and offensive language to the fight song in the first place are now complaining that someone changed the fight song. More than a little irony in that!

• Upvote 1

No, it probably wasn't the Green Brigade that came up with the idea, but they went aalong with it and shortened it anyway. I really just don't see what it's going todo for anybody. First, we're not going to have another game on national TV again this year, and second, since it was some of the students who were cussing, why punnish everybody else by making the song about a minute shorter? That makes absolutely no sense to me! Third, half of the GB members I asked said that was their favorite part! So, they're even punnishing the people who play it! Nice!

No, it probably wasn't the Green Brigade that came up with the idea, but they went aalong with it and shortened it anyway. I really just don't see what it's going todo for anybody. First, we're not going to have another game on national TV again this year, and second, since it was some of the students who were cussing, why punnish everybody else by making the song about a minute shorter? That makes absolutely no sense to me! Third, half of the GB members I asked said that was their favorite part! So, they're even punnishing the people who play it! Nice!

Sad part is that you seem to think it is in any way appropriate.

• Upvote 1

The national TV audience weren't the only ones offended by it. Pathetic having parents having to cover their kids' ears during their alma mater's fight song.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No, I don't think it's appropriate. But, if the students knew it was joing to be on national TV , and the camera might just come around to the students secsion, they should have thought about maybe not saying it that time so that this whole thing wouldn't happen. It's their fault. So, why punnish everyone else who just said U N T eagles, when they didn't do anything wrong?

The national TV audience weren't the only ones offended by it. Pathetic having parents having to cover their kids' ears during their alma mater's fight song.

Indeed! Yet, those who support this think it's all OK. Their parents would be so proud...Oh, that's right, they are so proud of it that they probably would not participate in this immature behavior should their parents or kid brothers/sisters be in attendance.

The old adage is probably correct here....if you would not do it if your mother was watching, you probably should not be doing it even if she isn't.

No, I don't think it's appropriate. But, if the students knew it was joing to be on national TV , and the camera might just come around to the students secsion, they should have thought about maybe not saying it that time so that this whole thing wouldn't happen. It's their fault. So, why punnish everyone else who just said U N T eagles, when they didn't do anything wrong?

Hey, I don't get to spell things with my arms anymore. I don't know that there's any greater punishment.

But, and I think SilverEagle would agree with me... I'm willing to sacrifice the arm-spelling pageantry to avoid having Darrell Dickey's favorite 12-letter word included in the fight song.

There are appropriate times and places to say the word "m-----f-----" at a North Texas sporting event. One is under your breath when we're losing. The other is when GreenP1 jumps in a concessions line in front of you, and then only if there are no kids in earshot.

Nope, just about everybody. I'd rather them not let people say yell bullsh** than have them change the fight song, which to me is like changing a symbol of UNT. That's like not allowing the eagle claw anymore.

Gee, Mom...everyone else is doing it. Why can't I?

Great logic!

• Upvote 1