New Orleans Bowl Extends Sun Belt - Cusa Thru 2013

MeanGreen61

And then we bitch about too many bowl games. There are too many because conferences like the Big XII and SEC get 9 damn teams in Bowls.

I feel a little hypocritical, because I also hate the fact that so many Big 12 & SEC teams get into bowls. But at the same time, I would rather play a #9 Big 12 team than a #4 CUSA team in the NO Bowl ;)

Anyway, this is good news for us and the Sun Belt to keep the bowl tie-in thru 2013.

i would rather play #9 big12 or sec than #1 cusa.

The SEC is on record as saying that they don't want to play non-BCS schools in bowl games anymore, which is why the Liberty Bowl is not happy. I don't know how the Big XII feels, but I suspect it isn't far from the SEC's stance. There is just too much credibility that the non-BCS has to gain when they beat a BCS team.

The SEC is on record as saying that they don't want to play non-BCS schools in bowl games anymore, which is why the Liberty Bowl is not happy. I don't know how the Big XII feels, but I suspect it isn't far from the SEC's stance. There is just too much credibility that the non-BCS has to gain when they beat a BCS team.

...and they probably feel too much credibility to lose when they lose to a non-BCS team.