Fire Deloach

Daddy Dumpsalot

Can't believe it took the coaching staff so long to finally move Eddrick back to the DE.

Can't believe that in the 1st series that he was in at DE , he had one QB hurry and no run plays to his side.

Can't believe he sat out the next series and they ran everytime to that side and scored

Can't believe in his next series he had another QB pressure , 1 run to his side for a small gain , and they scored on a pass on the opposite side of the field.

Can't belive he was out again for the next series. More runs to his side , same TD reslut.

After this you could notice Gilmore and the coaches arguing on the sidelines. He was at DE the rest of the game

Why in the #*!@ did it take so long for the staff to do this ? Most posters on this board new where he belonged. You have the only ideal DI/NFL DE on the roster and you want to put him in a backup DT ? He's too tall and small ( DLineman size small ) to be a DT. He easily can get stood up & pushed back by stronger lowerbodied OLineman. His greatest assest is his speed for his size , yet we want to put him at DT ?

I don't know if I should be happy about the coaching staff doing something that even a junior high coach would have already known. Im more pissed that it took sooooo long for them to realize this , maybe there are several other things they have not realized.

Edited by NT03

NT03 what game where you watching???? # 70 whipped #94 all day long. # 70 acted like he was blocking a sled in practice. 94 is nowhere close to being a NFl player.

I watched Gilmore on every single play. He wasn't even lined up at DE for most of the 1st half. It was Obi who was the one getting whipped on every single play that he was in at DE.

Didn't say Gimore was a NFL player , but he is a NFL prospect due to his size at DE.

I watched Gilmore on every single play. He wasn't even lined up at DE for most of the 1st half. It was Obi who was the one getting whipped on every single play that he was in at DE.

Didn't say Gimore was a NFL player , but he is a NFL prospect due to his size at DE.

yep

Plus there was at least one scout in town this August who mentioned interest in him.

Rick

No way the D played any where near its potential yesterday. DeLoach definitely needs to stay on the sidelines. It was great fun watching him chew on a few players to get them "motivated" once he made it down to the sidelines.

If the D looks this bad again next week, something is definitely up! They'll get it together for next week....I believe!

GO MEAN GREEN!

There are many things wrong with this defense. DeLoach is not one of them.

I do not disagree...at all. But, just a question...why are people so willing to give DeLoach a pass when "his" defense plays so poorly, but so ready to jump on TD when "his" team plays poorly? If it isn't any thing at all to do with the defensive coordinator when the D plays poorly as a unit, why is it TD's fault all the time with some folks? Just asking as I sense a big time double standard with some folks on this board.

I happen to think DeLoach and TD should both be back to lead the Mean green next season. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I do not disagree...at all. But, just a question...why are people so willing to give DeLoach a pass when "his" defense plays so poorly, but so ready to jump on TD when "his" team plays poorly? If it isn't any thing at all to do with the defensive coordinator when the D plays poorly as a unit, why is it TD's fault all the time with some folks? Just asking as I sense a big time double standard with some folks on this board.

I happen to think DeLoach and TD should both be back to lead the Mean green next season. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

If you are asking me directly, I am not giving him a free pass. But I do feel comfortable that DeLoach is one guy who is embarrassed about these performances and doing everything he can to right his ship. If he is sitting in his office and not out in the field recruiting, maybe he has been asked not to? I do not know. Perhaps someone else does and can elaborate.

Personally, I'm pretty tired of all the finger pointing and people who claim to have inside knowledge.

Raise your hand if you have contacts inside and have experienced conflicting information from them.

This program has my support and I hope our current crop of hep kats turn this dang thing around :)

Lets just keep winning, shall we?

There are a lot of posters on this board who like to pretend they know what is going on inside the dept and that they have superior facts to base someones career with the mean green on when they state, "fire Dodge" or "fire Deloach".

The joke is certainly not on I. The joke is on posters with less than 5 years worth of following the mean green, pretending that what Deloach accomplished here in the early '00s was a fluke, and starting ridiculous threads containing absolutely no arguments.

There are a lot of posters on this board who like to pretend they know what is going on inside the dept and that they have superior facts to base someones career with the mean green on when they state, "fire Dodge" or "fire Deloach".

The joke is certainly not on I. The joke is on posters with less than 5 years worth of following the mean green, pretending that what Deloach accomplished here in the early '00s was a fluke, and starting ridiculous threads containing absolutely no arguments.

I really don't understand the notion that DeLoach is the problem. Seriously folks...look at his past time here and his overall coaching career.

I really don't understand the notion that DeLoach is the problem. Seriously folks...look at his past time here and his overall coaching career.

While I don't favor getting rid of either coach at the end of the year, that is an excellent reason to give Deloach a bit more leeway at this point than Dodge. He has skins at this level, and even with this school, that proves he can do the job.

Another reason for maybe a bit more patience with Deloach: This is Deloach's 2nd year here. You don't want to change defensive schemes every 2 years. Just as a player gets familiar with the system, you go and change it? Doesn't make any sense.

NOBODY IS GETTING FIRED IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS SEASON. everyone should just live with it until the end of the season. Then the people in charge(not us) will decide what to do. Until then, I don't give an s about anybody talking about firing anybody... it is a waste of cyberspace.

I had to leave when it was tied at 49 to get home in time to trick or treat with my little girl. The ONLY thing I'm mad about is this game getting moved back to 3:15 instead of 2:00. OTHER THAN THAT, this was a win. nothing more is needed. stop your whining, and enjoy it until Saturday. The only poster I ever really pay attention to anymore is Old timer...thank god for him, otherwise I would never read this site.

gmg, and i love you all

Edited by SHOSS

While I don't think we need to get rid of DeLoach, I think it's pretty hilarious that no matter how atrocious the defense gets, he will always be given the benefit of the doubt. The current years at our alma mater count just as much as his previous years. Right now, grading out his career, he objectively can't be very highly regarded. His defense just gave up nearly half a hundred to the worst team in the country. I think the "no excuses" crew from a few years ago might have to go and make a "unless you're Gary DeLoach" amendment. The guy isn't getting it done right now.

We suck this year. The problem ultimately resides with the "High School Coach". He's responsible for recruiting and making sure the players and coaches are ready for game day. We've barely been ready for 2 of our 8 games. Maybe next year? No, probably not. Maybe the next year? I just don't know. I say we need a more experience head coach that can identify problems and make quick adjustments. That coach would also need to identify and sign worthy recruits. TD has had plenty of time and is not getting the job done. smut is already turning their program around and the experienced college coach has just been there a year. Go Mean Green.