Woody Wilson

Graddean

For those interested, Woody Wilson started at QB for Northeastern Oklahoma State Riverhawks Thursday night. NEO lost to Arkansas Tech University 44-32. Wilson was 17/33 for 232 yards passing and 93 rushing yards. Tech won lead by QB Nick Graziano transfer from University of Nevada, Reno.

For those interested, Woody Wilson started at QB for Northeastern Oklahoma State Riverhawks Thursday night. NEO lost to Arkansas Tech University 44-32. Wilson was 17/33 for 232 yards passing and 93 rushing yards. Tech won lead by QB Nick Graziano transfer from University of Nevada, Reno.

ThanKs for the Update ! He will always have a special place in my heart for leading us to victory over the phonies

I always thought we let a really good one get way with Wilson...

We didn't let him get away. He QUIT THE TEAM and withdrew from school, once he finished Summer School to regain his eligibilty.

We didn't let him get away. He QUIT THE TEAM and withdrew from school, once he finished Summer School to regain his eligibilty.

Why not tell the full story? Dodge came in and forced him to change positions. DD got WW to commit by recruiting him as a QB.

Why not tell the full story? Dodge came in and forced him to change positions. DD got WW to commit by recruiting him as a QB.

Same as Willis at Smut. New coaches, especially offensive-minded ones, have different ideas of the type athlete they want running their vaunted offense and it's usually not a leftover from a previous coach. To his credit though Dodge has molded Tune into a fine QB within his system.

Edited by NT80

Same as Willis at Smut. New coaches, especially offensive-minded ones, have different ideas of the type athlete they want running their vaunted offense and it's usually not a leftover from a previous coach. To his credit though Dodge has molded Tune into a fine QB within his system.

I won't pretend I know how to mold a quarterback or anything, but doesn't PapaDodge's QB's run AND throw? Isn't the dual threat a big part of the system? WW was good enough to get a win v SMU and at least lead the team on a TD drive against a UT.

Again, I don't know what went down but I wonder if Dodge offered to let him compete for the job or just said 'if you wanna play on this team its going to be at WR and thats it.' Methinks that guys who can play QB should not be allowed to just leave. I aint saying that dude woulda led us to more wins or would have even started. But still.

Are you sure WW regained his eligibility before he left . According to the article about the game, he sat out a year at NEO. Since he moved from D1 to D2, he would have been able to play immediately if everything else was in order. If he had been eligible, then they must have thought they had a better QB on hand.

I won't pretend I know how to mold a quarterback or anything, but doesn't PapaDodge's QB's run AND throw? Isn't the dual threat a big part of the system? WW was good enough to get a win v SMU and at least lead the team on a TD drive against a UT.

Again, I don't know what went down but I wonder if Dodge offered to let him compete for the job or just said 'if you wanna play on this team its going to be at WR and thats it.' Methinks that guys who can play QB should not be allowed to just leave. I aint saying that dude woulda led us to more wins or would have even started. But still.

Dodge is big on throwing accuracy and quick checkdowns and decisions. Tune may not be the fleetest runner but can be very accurate. Coaches know the qualities they want in a QB; perhaps some of it was academics too?, only they know what was discussed about it.