Jenkins As A Dt?

The last time I checked Jenkins was about 375. We have a lot of starters and back ups returning on the O. Line this year. Maybe Jenkins could help at the D. Tackle spot. I'm not saying the guy should play every down of defense, but it appears we could use help in the front four, and at his size he should be able to help stop the run up the middle. Have the coaches considered the move?

The last time I checked Jenkins was about 375. We have a lot of starters and back ups returning on the O. Line this year. Maybe Jenkins could help at the D. Tackle spot. I'm not saying the guy should play every down of defense, but it appears we could use help in the front four, and at his size he should be able to help stop the run up the middle. Have the coaches considered the move?

That sounds like a good idea to put him at a Nose Guard type position in 3rd or 4th and short or goal line situations to clog up the middle. With the depth at O Line I am not sure he will see much playing time.

Turn him into a "Refrigerator" also in short yardage situations. We could use any gimmick that we can come up with, and maybe it would convince TD that the QB needs to get down under center every once in awhile.

Our whole offense is a gimmick!! :D

But I agree...we need to be a bit more creative on the offensive side of the ball. I know we've had an adjustment period in learning a new offensive scheme but that period should be over now. We need to throw in a few trick plays here and there to provide a spark when we get down a couple of touchdowns...of course that trick play needs to result in a TD. Otherwise, we'll all be bitching about what a stupid call that was!! ;)

I think a healthy Micah Mosley will do a great job this season with short yardage plays.

Micah seems to be left out of all talk about UNT. He had a fine freshman year, then injured the next. Hopefully , he is healthy now. I expect him to surprise alot of people this year.

Micah seems to be left out of all talk about UNT. He had a fine freshman year, then injured the next. Hopefully , he is healthy now. I expect him to surprise alot of people this year.

He's not as much a every down back as Cam and even Lance. But if you need 2 yds, then thats Micahs area.

He's not as much a every down back as Cam and even Lance. But if you need 2 yds, then thats Micahs area.

I think Mosley averaged 4.9 yards per carry in 2007 when he was healthy. I think he could be an every down back, if we didn't have so many talented backs. The RB position should be a platoon situation for us this year, which could really wear down defenses.

I think Mosley averaged 4.9 yards per carry in 2007 when he was healthy. I think he could be an every down back, if we didn't have so many talented backs. The RB position should be a platoon situation for us this year, which could really wear down defenses.

Agreed, Mosley proved himself his freshman year. His is more than capable of being an every down back but, fortunately, he won't be asked to do that this year.