George Tiller Slayed while in church.

Tiller was a doctor in the Wichita area, the father of 4 and grandfather of 10. He was an usher and his now widowed wife performs with the chorus of their community church.

Please keep Dr. Tiller and his family in your prayers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the intense difference in people's views, this is never an acceptable outcome. I hope the man responsible is convicted and receives the harshest punishment that the law allows.

The idiots and activists that feel that actions such as this, clinic bombings, etc... need to think how counter intuitive it is to be a "pro-life" individual and then take life to prove their point. This is a truly sad event no matter where someone stands on the issue at hand.

Man, this guy had seen a lot in his life.

A provider of abortions for more than three decades, Dr. Tiller, 67, had become a focal point for those around the country who opposed it. In addition to protests outside his clinic, his house and his church, Dr. Tiller had once seen his clinic bombed; in 1993, an abortion opponent shot him in both arms. He was also the defendant in a series of legal challenges intended to shut down his operations, including two grand juries that were convened after citizen-led petition drives.

Man, this guy had seen a lot in his life.

It should also be said that Bill O'Reilly had him as the focus of a number of his shows. I am not saying O'Reilly was wong or right for doing this, but I can't help but think by him doing this made the doctor and even bigger target. If you want more click here

Guest JohnDenver

I think calling him the owner of "a death mill" may be a tad bit over the line. That is inflammatory language in an inflamed situation..

This Doctor was a Douche bag period, sorry. I don't think he should have been gunned down, but he should have been in prison just the same as his assailant.

"George Tiller, one of only a few doctors in the nation who performed abortions late in pregnancy".

I imagine this Doc is on trial himself about now, such a humanitarian.

MURDER IS NEVER THE ANSWER! My prayers go out to Dr. Tiller and his family. I hope the guy who gunned him down gets what he deserves from the courts...you can decide for yourself what that might be.

Anybody besides me see the irony in this statement?

President Barack Obama said he was "shocked and outraged" by the murder. "However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence," he said.

From this article:Houston Chronicle

I would never condone murdering this doctor, or anyone for that matter, bombing offices, etc..., but what is the difference in providing late term abortions and murder?

Edited by UNTLifer

Guest JohnDenver

Anybody besides me see the irony in this statement?

From this article:Houston Chronicle

I would never condone murdering this doctor, or anyone for that matter, bombing offices, etc..., but what is the difference in providing late term abortions and murder?

The only irony I find is how it related to the death penalty.

This doctor was brought up on charges and cleared by a court regarding his "killings." So I don't find irony in that.

The only irony I find is how it related to the death penalty.

This doctor was brought up on charges and cleared by a court regarding his "killings." So I don't find irony in that.

I find irony in the fact that Obama "was "shocked and outraged" by the murder" and a heinous act of violence, yet he's not shocked and outraged by the murders this man performed? There's a reason so few doctors perform "late term abortions."

I find irony in the fact that Obama "was "shocked and outraged" by the murder" and a heinous act of violence, yet he's not shocked and outraged by the murders this man performed? There's a reason so few doctors perform "late term abortions."

Well...again...its probably because he doesn't view Tiller's medical procedures requested by the patient as murders, you know, agreeing with the court of law that also determined that these medical procedures requested by the patient don't constitute murder.

Thus since we're only comparring a sanctioned medical procedure and the heinous slaying of an actual, living, existing human being there really is no irony in the statement. None. Nope.

Well...again...its probably because he doesn't view Tiller's medical procedures requested by the patient as murders, you know, agreeing with the court of law that also determined that these medical procedures requested by the patient don't constitute murder.

Thus since we're only comparring a sanctioned medical procedure and the heinous slaying of an actual, living, existing human being there really is no irony in the statement. None. Nope.

I see quite a bit of irony in his statement considering many of the babies he murdered were at an age that they could survive outside of the womb. I would also consider these children as actual, living, existing human beings, but that's just me.

A little research on Dr. Tiller will open a lot of eyes.

Obama has said that defining when human life begins is "above [his] pay grade." That doesn't sound like he's all that convinced that killing unborn infants does not constitute murder. But he's willing to go along with it, whatever his motives might be.

I see quite a bit of irony in his statement considering many of the babies he murdered were at an age that they could survive outside of the womb. I would also consider these children as actual, living, existing human beings, but that's just me.

A little research on Dr. Tiller will open a lot of eyes.

Ahhh...therein lays the crux. Clearly others, perhaps many others, don't agree with you. If someone doesn't believe that abortion...even late term abortion...is murder, then they would have no reservations or sense of irony in denouncing the murder of a person b/c they don't draw a parallel between the two.

Its kinda like my saying that I hate apples and you finding irony in that because you know I love oranges.

Obama has said that defining when human life begins is "above [his] pay grade." That doesn't sound like he's all that convinced that killing unborn infants does not constitute murder. But he's willing to go along with it, whatever his motives might be.

Seems like a very reasonible answer. And perhaps he does have a moral objection to late term abortions...but perhaps he also realizes that it isn't his place to legislate morality to the rest of the country.

For argument's sake, let's say that Tiller was found guilty for his actions. Then, let's say he got out of jail, and started to practicing late-term abortions. He's committing a criminal act. And with the legal precedent set, he's probably subject to, say, life in prison/execution.

That still doesn't make it justified to kill someone in a vigilante act, especially on holy ground.

Furthermore, I agree with CBL here. It's not exactly the place of the head of government to lay out morality for the nation. He should set an example, of course. But I think it's the place of churches, parents, and your neighbors to set the standards of decency.

Edited by meangreendork

Guest JohnDenver

You are right, there are reasons that there aren't too many doctors performing late term abortions.

1) Your life is at risk (obviously)

2) It is an expensive operation to run ( security, body guards, law suits, vandelism, etc ).

3) There really isn't a high demand of pregnant ladies that WANT to wait until the last minute to get an abortion. Doctors perform them when the mother's life is as risk or the baby has a terrible abnormality.

4) They can make more money doing less work in other medical fields. The motive isn't profit. They must really have conviction in helping women in a very bad situation.