Which Would You Rather Have?

Smitty

As a building college program, which would you rather have:

1. An elite, superstar player, a potential No. 1 NBA draft pick who will give you sensational play and tremendous publicity every night and at the NBA draft, but will only play for you for one year, two years at the most.

2. An upper-level All-American player who will give you solid, excellent play every night and will stay with you for four years before being a late first-round to early second-round NBA draft pick.

In other words, would you rather have LeBron James or Chris Paul for one year or Tyler Hansbrough for four years?

1. An elite, superstar player, a potential No. 1 NBA draft pick who will give you sensational play and tremendous publicity every night and at the NBA draft, but will only play for you for one year, two years at the most.

2. An upper-level All-American player who will give you solid, excellent play every night and will stay with you for four years before being a late first-round to early second-round NBA draft pick.

In other words, would you rather have LeBron James or Chris Paul for one year or Tyler Hansbrough for four years?

I'd rather have LeBron for four.

But of the two options, I would rather have Hansbrough for four. You usually can't build a program on one-and-dones.

At UNT, I take the 4-year All-American. Agree that schools like Duke and N Car can take the one-year wonder and re-stock year in and year out, not so much the case at UNT...YET! I have hope eternal on that subject!

GO MEAN GREEN!

That's why I said the 4 year all-american. :lol: Everytime i see Hansbrough I want to punch him in the face. He just has this vacant look in his eyes that annoys me to no end.

You and me both, on both. I would rather have the four year all - american then the one year here player. I got tired of watching and looking at Hansbrough too. I still don't see that guy being anything than a bust in the NBA.

You and me both, on both. I would rather have the four year all - american then the one year here player. I got tired of watching and looking at Hansbrough too. I still don't see that guy being anything than a bust in the NBA.
Oh, I'm not sure. He'll never be a star or anything, but he has such a great work ethic I could see him playing in the NBA for awhile as a glue guy or something. Edited by CMJ

You could be right. I guess I was thinking in terms of where he will go in the draft. I figure he will be drafted in the top 10.

I don't expect him to go that high, but I guess he could. I was thinking Top 15 at best - more like Top 20. Then again, I haven't really tried to figure out who will draft whom. He may go pretty high depending on a team's need.

You could be right. I guess I was thinking in terms of where he will go in the draft. I figure he will be drafted in the top 10.

Most mock drafts have him late 20's...some even in 2nd round. I think if he's drafted in that range he will live up to expectations. Anything higher is a little bit of a reach.

Regardless of where Hansbrough goes in the draft and what he does in his NBA career, he was a great college player. Anyone who says they would not want him on their college team is plain stupid.

:lol:

I actually agree with you. The guy just looked like a dumbass, but I would've loved to have had him.

Even if I don't think he was the hardest worker in basketball history like Jay Bilas claimed. ;)

In UNT terms I think it would be more along the lines of a 1 year Tyrus Thomas vs a 4 year Josh White. I think I would lean towards White , but Thomas would of single handly put us in the Dance with JJ probably being lured away by a another school.

I would like to have such a choice.