• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also interesting is Article 1, section 23:

SEC. 23. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power by law to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.

It looks like our founding fathers weren't NRA members.

It's also what San Houston said before Texas seceded from the Union in 1861. I believe he was proven right.

Sam Houston was right. My point is that secession is lunacy if it's for the wrong reasons, and the right thing to do if the situation is justified. We are far, far away from being in a justified situation.

From Snopes.com

Yes, that is a myth. But... natural rights were the basis of our independence from Britain, that it is the right of the people to consent to governing powers and dissolve those political bands when those governing powers become destructive. We don't need the permission of Congress to secede.

Yes, that is a myth. But... natural rights were the basis of our independence from Britain, that it is the right of the people to consent to governing powers and dissolve those political bands when those governing powers become destructive. We don't need the permission of Congress to secede.

That's fine. I just get tired of hearing all the time that it's set up in such a way that Texas could simply just send a letter to Washington and it would all be honky dory without any challenge.

That's fine. I just get tired of hearing all the time that it's set up in such a way that Texas could simply just send a letter to Washington and it would all be honky dory without any challenge.

So do I. Another myth is that the Texas flag can legally fly at the same height as the American flag.

David Axelrod appearing on CBS "Face The Nation" yesterday morning had this to say when asked what to make of last week's "Tea Party's".

I think any time that you have severe economic conditions, there is always an element

of disaffection that can mutate into something that’s unhealthy.

Again, so people taking time off from work in many instances, to go out and publicly support our Liberty's and Constitution in a peaceful, organized manner to simply let our leadership know that we don't approve of their behavior(past and present) and according to the B.O. administration it's unhealthy? I fully expected the Obama cable news organization's such as CNN and MSNBC to villify and deamonize the events, which they certainly did. And now we know the whitehouse feels the same.

Simply, unreal!

Rick

So do I. Another myth is that the Texas flag can legally fly at the same height as the American flag.

Flyer, I do not believe that is a myth. As Texas entered the Union as a Republic, I believe it does hold the right to fly it's flag at the same height as the American Flag.

Flyer, I do not believe that is a myth. As Texas entered the Union as a Republic, I believe it does hold the right to fly it's flag at the same height as the American Flag.

Technically, any flag can fly at the same height because we do not have flag laws, we have a U.S. Flag Code. But there is no special exemption for Texas regarding the height of the flag.

So, in a manner of speaking Texas can fly the same height, but so can every other flag.

Technically, any flag can fly at the same height because we do not have flag laws, we have a U.S. Flag Code. But there is no special exemption for Texas regarding the height of the flag.

So, in a manner of speaking Texas can fly the same height, but so can every other flag.

Flyer, I am still not sure...I think I might just do some research on this as it is something I have been told numerous times...by folks I thought should know for sure..Hmmmmmmmm :ermm::unsure:

Snopes.com agrees with Flyer. If Snopes is to be believed, then the Texas flag has no "special" rule just because Texas entered the Union as a Republic. OK, so be it, but that doesn't mean that Texas SHOULDN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!!!! :lol::lol:

Probably were, and they are probably under your bed right now spying on you! Must have been a really slow day at the FBI. :lol::lol:

That, or they are busy keeping an eye on those Pro-Life, right wing, extremist that have been added to the terror watch group by Janet Napolitano.

If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

You know, that was the same thing said to the bleeding hearts who wanted to complain about the Patriot Act and "big brother" Now they have their way, will they want to use the same argument? Funny how that works. Personally, I dont care if the FBI, NSA, or the PTA is under my bed. I have done nothing wrong. Now, if they take my stash of magazines and DVD's under my bed, we're gonna have a problem. :P

Edited by Rudy