• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have... $53 TRILLION is debt is mind boggling. The real crooks aren't on Wall Street, they're in Washington.

Also, ending the Iraq war and the Bush Tax cuts won't dig us out of the hole we're in right now despite what our leaders in Washington DC tell us.

So Harvard and Columbia are evil? Like, Jewish evil or still repentable evil?

evidently you missed the point of the cartoon. why do you want to inject something that is not there? i think everyone knows some anti-semitics always want to blame the jews for all evils of the world especially in banking and the young communists that were graduating out of ivy league schools. heck the fdr administration was littered with them. depending on who you read and adher to philosophically you can believe what you want to believe.

Typical. You couldn't prove anything so you just roll your eyes when I make a truthful statement. You're one piss poor mind reader.

Your right, I can't prove which way you will cast your vote. But it's really cheap to say "I'm voting for Kay Bailey in the primary", like this makes you some kind of moderate, and then not commit to her for the general election. It makes you seem like you just really don't want Rick Perry re-elected, so you'll swing by the republican primary and cast your vote, and then vote Dem in the general election, much like many conservatives in Texas voted for Hilliary in the primary.

If you want to do this, no problem, but be honest about it

Is it legal to hedge one's bets and vote in both primaries? Without citing any real candidates, let's suppose that my favorite Republican is Tom Smith and my favorite Democrat is Tom Clark. I may have a preference when they go head to head, but I most certainly don't want that Republican Tom Wilson or that Democrat Tom Johnson.

Is it legal to hedge one's bets and vote in both primaries? Without citing any real candidates, let's suppose that my favorite Republican is Tom Smith and my favorite Democrat is Tom Clark. I may have a preference when they go head to head, but I most certainly don't want that Republican Tom Wilson or that Democrat Tom Johnson.

The current heated contest between John Jackson and Jack Johnson is really making it hard for me to figure out who to vote for.

Johnson: It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: "I'm against those things that everybody hates".

Jackson: Now I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man but, quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!

225px-John_Jackson.png

225px-Jack_Johnson.png

Your right, I can't prove which way you will cast your vote. But it's really cheap to say "I'm voting for Kay Bailey in the primary", like this makes you some kind of moderate, and then not commit to her for the general election. It makes you seem like you just really don't want Rick Perry re-elected, so you'll swing by the republican primary and cast your vote, and then vote Dem in the general election, much like many conservatives in Texas voted for Hilliary in the primary.

If you want to do this, no problem, but be honest about it

Its pretty cheap to make an assumption that "not re-electing Rick Perry" is my only interest. Especially when you have little grasp of what my position is on many state issues. But if that's what I decide to do then you'll be the first to know.

I don't think it's illegal, but I also don't think the parties will let you do it. Primaries are a function of the parties, not the government. Even though the government is used to tabulate the votes, it's not an official government election. I assume the parties reimburse the state/local agencies for their time, but I can't be sure of it. This is the very thing Greens, Libertarians, etc. get so riled about, and why the two party system cannot be broken.

But to answer your question, if you try and vote in more than one primary you haven't broken the law (although I'm no authority on the matter), but you won't be allowed to do it. Also know that if you vote in the Republican primary b/c the Democratic races are pretty much decided, (or vise-versa) you are now a registered Republican until the next primary rolls around. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. My friends think it's hysterical when I'm registered as a Republican, but sometimes it just makes more sense. As a matter of fact I will probably vote in the Republicans primary again this year. I just think it's a foregone conclusion that a Republican will be Governor, and I'd like to have a say in who I'm going to eventually campaign against. :lol:

Some thoughts to ponder prior to the TAX DAY TEA PARTIES:

1. Under the proposed budget, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the national debt will double over the next five years, and it will triple over the next ten years to $17.3 trillion!

2. Under the proposed budget, CBP projects the national debt soar ocver the next 10 years from 40% of GDP to 82.4%!

3. Under the proposed budget total federal borrowing will grow by $2.7trillion this year alone, an increase of 27% in one year!

4. The proposed budget increases federal spending by an incredible 34% over the previous year, with a total $4trillion in federal spending...the highest EVER!

5. The federal budget deficit (not the national debt) would reach $1.845 trillion this year, according to the CBO, the highest ever under the proposed budget!

6. The CBO estimates the proposed budget deficit will total an astounding 13.1% of GDP, more than 1/8 of the total US economy!

7. The proposed budget includes $1 trillion in TAX INCREASES on the upper 5% of income earners. But, the top 5% already pays 60% of all income taxes!

8. The proposed budget projects that revenues from corporate income tax will more than doouble in 3 years, increasing, in fact, by more than 24%. Who do you think ultimately pays that tax increase?

9. Another $645 billion tax increase comes from President Obama's anti-global warming cap and trade system, which is essentially a tax on the production and use of carbon energy, such as oil, natural gas, and coal.

10. While the administration claims to have cut $2 trillion from the budget over 10 years, fully $1.5 trillion of those "cuts" actually represent the troop drawdown in Iraq, which was already scheduled to occur under the previous administration. Of the remaining $500 billion in budget "savings", fully $311 billion is categorized as "interest savings" but is actually an additional tax increase on the upper income earners.

Just some items to "ponder" as April 15th approaches. Hope to see some of you folks at the Tax Day Tea Party on the south side of the Denton square from 6-7:30PM this WEDNESDAY, Aril 15th.

I don't think it's illegal, but I also don't think the parties will let you do it. Primaries are a function of the parties, not the government. Even though the government is used to tabulate the votes, it's not an official government election. I assume the parties reimburse the state/local agencies for their time, but I can't be sure of it. This is the very thing Greens, Libertarians, etc. get so riled about, and why the two party system cannot be broken.

But to answer your question, if you try and vote in more than one primary you haven't broken the law (although I'm no authority on the matter), but you won't be allowed to do it. Also know that if you vote in the Republican primary b/c the Democratic races are pretty much decided, (or vise-versa) you are now a registered Republican until the next primary rolls around. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. My friends think it's hysterical when I'm registered as a Republican, but sometimes it just makes more sense. As a matter of fact I will probably vote in the Republicans primary again this year. I just think it's a foregone conclusion that a Republican will be Governor, and I'd like to have a say in who I'm going to eventually campaign against. :lol:

Texas you do not have to register as either party member unlike some states. You do however get inputted into the system as having voted in the Democratic or Republican Primaries, or least that was the way Denton County was coded. This will in turn get you a heck of a lot of Party Flyers when one of the parties purchase the Voter List from the local County Elections Office.

Here were a couple of signs being displayed at the Southlake tea party earlier today:

"Honk if I am paying your mortgage"

"Keep your public hands off my privates"

"Clean the House in 2010"

"Don't Pay Taxes, Wait for a Cabinet Post"

"It's the spending stupid" and

"Stimulate Term Limits"

Pretty creative...the news regarding attendance at the Tax day Tea Parties is VERY encouraging. Big crowds all across the country today. I'll be interested to see how many turnout for this evenings Dallas event, and, of couse, the one my bride and I will be attending in Denton... 6-7:30PM - Denton County Courthose lawn!

I'm sure these tea-baggers will get about as far as the Ron Paul for President campaign did.

They've got some valid points, but having spoken to some people attending the parties, I can understand why the DHS is a bit concerned about extremist groups. Lots and lots of revolution talk and other non-sensical, tin-foil, militia-in-the-woods BS.

They've got some valid points, but having spoken to some people attending the parties, I can understand why the DHS is a bit concerned about extremist groups. Lots and lots of revolution talk and other non-sensical, tin-foil, militia-in-the-woods BS.

And, just who did you talk to...I heard none of that type of talk in Southlake and feel very certain I will hear nothing of the sort at the denton event this afternoon. Which Tea Party did you attend by the time of your 2:46PM post where "extremist groups" were present? Did you actually attend an event or "just talk to people" attending?

So, let me get this straight, groups of conservatives (republican, democrat and independent alike) get together to protest the massive government bailout plan and you see that as a bunch of "extremeists" getting together to talk "revolution"? You would probably have made a great Tory in 1776, but this is not about any sort of revolution except a tax revolution.

Please be specific regarding your claims of "tin foil, militia-in-the-woods BS" being in any way associated with these events nation-wide. If you have seen ANY of the news reports today on TV, I doubt you have seen any "tin foil" hats or actual armed militia running around.

Maybe it's the "MoveOn.Org" folks you are referring to with your comments.

And, just who did you talk to...I heard none of that type of talk in Southlake and feel very certain I will hear nothing of the sort at the denton event this afternoon. Which Tea Party did you attend by the time of your 2:46PM post where "extremist groups" were present? Did you actually attend an event or "just talk to people" attending?

So, let me get this straight, groups of conservatives (republican, democrat and independent alike) get together to protest the massive government bailout plan and you see that as a bunch of "extremeists" getting together to talk "revolution"? You would probably have made a great Tory in 1776, but this is not about any sort of revolution except a tax revolution.

Please be specific regarding your claims of "tin foil, militia-in-the-woods BS" being in any way associated with these events nation-wide. If you have seen ANY of the news reports today on TV, I doubt you have seen any "tin foil" hats or actual armed militia running around.

Maybe it's the "MoveOn.Org" folks you are referring to with your comments.

He only said he talked to someone - comprehend what you read.

Those hippies in Austin were yelling about seceding, but that's all "just for fun." This whole day is fun and what I like is that everybody just has so much fun uniting. For fun!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.d8880855.html

He only said he talked to someone - comprehend what you read.

Those hippies in Austin were yelling about seceding, but that's all "just for fun." This whole day is fun and what I like is that everybody just has so much fun uniting. For fun!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.d8880855.html

Michael...same to you. Did you read my reply? I only asked if he attended an event. I asked who he talked with about this. You might want to "cover those glass windows of yours before throwing those stones of yours...Mr. Michael Scott, sir! I am glad you are having fun with the day...it is meant to be both serious and fun. I am enjoying myself seeing the great turnout the events are generating across the country and am looking forward to being involved this afternoon also in Denton. Will you be attending the Denton event, Mr. Scott, sir?

Oh, and if you don't understand this post, just PM me and I'll explain it to you...OK, sorry couldn't resist that last "shot"...it was all in fun...no offense meant for sure! :lol: